Page 187 of 221 FirstFirst ... 87137177183184185186187188189190191197 ... LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,805 of 3308

Thread: Republic Farmingdale (FRG) Notable Visitors

Ceiling cant be more that a 100 feet but i just had a Sikorsky S76 fly over the Morton Village Shopping center in Plainview to the north, the 10 minutes later when I came out of Subway an S-76 (same??) was now on
    the ILS 1-4!! Oh didnt see a damn thing but know the sound of the 76!! Probably Cablevision they are always flying IFR and in weather i dont even want to be out walking in!!

Big movie/TV film this afternoon on the ramp between Sheltair and the AAM!! The parking lot of AAM was filled with movie trucks!! They had a Russian Mi-8 helicopter in Russian CG colors and later an Army UH1 parked by the hangar door by the old tower. Looks like they might have been filming inside the hangar also. When I found out i took a run to see if the Mi-8 was still there but by 4 it was gone and the UH1 was being used it filming. Looked like the UH1 was prepping to leave around 5:30!

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    Big movie/TV film this afternoon on the ramp between Sheltair and the AAM!! The parking lot of AAM was filled with movie trucks!! They had a Russian Mi-8 helicopter in Russian CG colors and later an Army UH1 parked by the hangar door by the old tower. Looks like they might have been filming inside the hangar also. When I found out i took a run to see if the Mi-8 was still there but by 4 it was gone and the UH1 was being used it filming. Looked like the UH1 was prepping to leave around 5:30!
    From my "sources" read that this was part of the production of the new ABC thriller "Zero Hour" which premieres tomorrow (2/14) night!! Also read that the UH1 that they used was apparently the same one I heard/saw a week earlier and had been sitting in the Sheltair hangar!!
    The same source" wrote that production companys enjoy filming at Republic because the are allowed access to the tarmac to shoot aircraft flying!!

Two hockey charters at FRG today!! Miami Air was parked at Atlantic with its nose almost up to the fence!! Thought that was for the Flyers who were playing at the Coliseum this afternoon though I did know they usually used Delta!! Well at 3:25 Delta Airbus on final to Runway 3-2 taxing over to the rear of Atlantic!! Checked the Isles schedule and they were heading up to Ottawa for a 3 game road trip!! They need to get out of town after todays whipping!!

Very very cool surprise at Sheltair today!! 2 USMC CH-46C Sea Knights were sitting on their ramp when I stopped by around 2PM. Had some time and they looked to be transient so I decided to wait around!! Well didnt have to as in about ten minutes both crews (4 each) came out and after the warm up and wind up they taxied over to One Nine and departed out to the east low and fast!! They were from HMM-774 a Medium Lift Helicopter Squadron based at Norfolk!! It was a nice sunny winter day but pretty windy and when those tandem rotors cranked up it was even worse!! Had to retreat into my car until they taxied way!!

Senior Member Fighting_falcon_51's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    Very very cool surprise at Sheltair today!! 2 USMC CH-46C Sea Knights were sitting on their ramp when I stopped by around 2PM. Had some time and they looked to be transient so I decided to wait around!! Well didnt have to as in about ten minutes both crews (4 each) came out and after the warm up and wind up they taxied over to One Nine and departed out to the east low and fast!! They were from HMM-774 a Medium Lift Helicopter Squadron based at Norfolk!! It was a nice sunny winter day but pretty windy and when those tandem rotors cranked up it was even worse!! Had to retreat into my car until they taxied way!!
    Nice catch!

Today I saw what appeared to be an Army UH-60 with drop tanks heading toward the FRG direction.
    http://www.kjpgallery.com << Photography Collection
    http://www.nyasinfo.com << Jones Beach Airshow Information (Updates continue in November)

Came in last evening to pickup the Winnipeg Jets. I think this is the first special scheme ever to visit FRG.

C-FZUH - Air Canada - Airbus 319 by lijk604, on Flickr

Nice!

A visitor today for a film shoot
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Great catches guys!!!!
    Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    Saw that Fairchild today on my way home. They had a Ryder truck next to it unloading. It was cool!
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Very cool!

Quote Originally Posted by NIKV69 View Post
    Saw that Fairchild today on my way home. They had a Ryder truck next to it unloading. It was cool!
    What is that? Military? Pardon my ignorance!!

Man, I'd like to see that thing leave! Anyone know when it departs?