Page 186 of 221 FirstFirst ... 86136176182183184185186187188189190196 ... LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,790 of 3308

Thread: Republic Farmingdale (FRG) Notable Visitors

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    just saw a large-ish plane land at FRG from a distance.

Winglets perhaps.

landed at FRG today 11-26-12 at 11:11 hrs. just wondering.
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Charter Air Transport had 3 of their Embraers at FRG today parked at Atlantic including the one with the Mauiva livery. Since the Main Terminal is under FEMA occupation the AC shuttles are going out of the Atlantic ramp. They are using the small building by the fence the Islanders used for access to the ramp.

Nice to be able to park in the lot by the Terminal as FEMA has left the room!! Not much going on as it was pretty windy with some nice gusts. Didnt stop Sky Limo 9885 (love that call sign), a Beechjet, blast off on a steep depart off 32 heading to FXE.

What a beautiful day here on L.I. and did a run by FRG!! Was heading home after a stop in Petco and I noticed the AAM L-39 revving up his engines!! Drove over to the lot by 1-9 and got myself a little taste of "Winter Thunder" as he roared out to the South!! Came back 10 later, did a high Fly Over then a right bank and a sharp turn into 1-9!! That was nice!!
    And also with the end of the hockey "strike" or whatever you want to call it we'll get some of the bigger metal in FRG when the Isles go on road trips and teams come in!! Probably not as much with the shorter schedule
    and our teams only playing Eastern Division teams but still something!!

Don't give up hope Gerard. If the rumors are true, FRG will have visits from:
    Pittsburgh / Florida / Tampa Bay - Miami Air
    Philadelphia - Delta
    Washington / Montreal / Toronto / Ottawa / Winnipeg - Air Canada
    Boston - USA Jet

Not to mention the Miami Air flights the Islanders take for road games...

Anyone here the rumor that the Blues might not use FRG to stage for the 2013 Air Show? There was a post on the LI-Republic Airport Historical Society Fascebook page today alluding to that possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    Anyone here the rumor that the Blues might not use FRG to stage for the 2013 Air Show? There was a post on the LI-Republic Airport Historical Society Fascebook page today alluding to that possibility.
    You obviously meant the Thunder-chickens. The Blues know FRG and love it here!

BTW, what's the status of RWY 14/32 while the installation of the EMAS system is still going on??
    Hopefully the installation will be complete before the Air Show on Memorial Day weekend

Quote Originally Posted by lijk604 View Post
    You obviously meant the Thunder-chickens. The Blues know FRG and love it here!
    Aha!! Yes TBirds this year, Blues in '14 (right?)!!

Aha!! Yes TBirds this year, Blues in '14 (right?)!!
    Ah Yes and I actually had my reading specs on!! I just checked and the post on FB did say "Thunderbirds"!! Oy!!
    And one year didnt they stage out of JFK?

Ah Yes and I actually had my reading specs on!! I just checked and the post on FB did say "Thunderbirds"!! Oy!!
    And one year didnt they stage out of JFK?
    They did their first year at Jones Beach, but have been at FRG since.

Are the Thunderbirds going to fly out of Republic for this year's air show at Jones Beach? Also what is going to become of what was the 56th fighter group rest.? What will be built there anyone know?

Ken

Whose Huey was that that just (4:30) flew into FRG on the ILS 1-4? Was upstairs dozing off watching a John Wayne movie when I heard that unmistakable sound of an approaching UH1 from the West!! Jumped up and slowly made my way downstairs (just had hernia surgery last week so moving kinda slow) and caught them as they turned onto the ILS which is about a mile to the southwest of me!! Heard a partial ID of N8HA!! Damn that sounded so great that whoop whoop of the blades!!

Whose Huey was that that just (4:30) flew into FRG on the ILS 1-4? Was upstairs dozing off watching a John Wayne movie when I heard that unmistakable sound of an approaching UH1 from the West!! Jumped up and slowly made my way downstairs (just had hernia surgery last week so moving kinda slow) and caught them as they turned onto the ILS which is about a mile to the southwest of me!! Heard a partial ID of N8HA!! Damn that sounded so great that whoop whoop of the blades!!
    Curious, does FlightAware not show helicopter landings, only scheduled fixed wing?