Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Dem's Direction for America

Re: The Dem's Direction for America

The funniest thing to me is when you get people who think they know politics to voice their opinions and ideas about which way we are headed.
    I think Americans have a pretty good sense of where our country is headed. We are not all blind and only informed as to the latest Paris Hilton scandal.

The truth is they can only base their bias on what they hear from the mainstream media
    Not true at all..If one chooses to only listen to mainstream media that's one thing but there are many ways to learn about how the Gov't is running things. Attend local party meetings, Attend town hall meetings; read news releases from you're town, Congressman, Senator, State and County. Americans are smarter then you give them credit for.

Presidents do not control the fate of the country
    You're right Presidents don't directly control our country. The three legislator branches of our Gov't run our nation and the agencies they setup carry out their direction. No one agency more powerful then our elected leaders. I'm sorry you believe that, it’s rather a sad view.

THE ONES YOU'LL never hear about the ones that fly drugs and counterfeit moneys around the world to regulate friendships with real terrorists, the ones that the US citizens should really be afraid of.
    We are all aware of the backroom deals our Gov't makes with warlords and terror groups, this isn't a mystery. We did it from the very beginning of this country and we will continue to fight our battles with the w/e resources we feel fit to keep our country safe.

It’s these same agencies that point to the president of Iran and make the people of our country believe that this man is the powerhouse supplier of weapons to the primitive fighters of the mid east who wish death and disease to America.
    Do you deny Iran is supplying Syria (a state support of terror) with military support? Iran sold Syria's entire air defense system to them and what a better way of trying to destroy us by supplying independent militants with weapons to use on us. China and Russia supplied North Vietnam during the Vietnam war.

So really none of you know what's going on and never will and that's how the real government likes it and will be sure to keep it.
    The real gov't? I'm still not sure what that means? I'm sorry but Monty Burns and his inner circle of darkness do not run this country.

The real government consists of the agencies/offices/departments that see to it that deals both past and present between us and other countries are kept in running order.Can you tell me the last time our president sat down and went through a list of available intelligence we could share with other nations?or the other two branches?Its not the military that handles that-they aren't authorized.
    Further-We supply our technologies to Israel, why can't Iran be able to do the same with any other country?Because they don't have the same rights as us?, because we think one of their leaders, who by the way doesn't control the military, is crazy?

And where do the ones who conduct these town meetings get their information from?

What's very sad is that you believe that the government is run just the way the textbooks say-3 branches of government, plus checks and balances=everything running smoothly.Its not that black and white. Never was never will be.

I don't deny anything, I could actually care less about who Iran is supplying arms to because the we here in the US have been doing this since the invention of the gun.

Are you saying that you don't care if Iran is giving guns to people who are killing your fellow countrymen and neighbors.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

The real government consists of the agencies/offices/departments that see to it that deals both past and present between us and other countries are kept in running order.
    Yes based on the treaties and agreements we've agreed upon and based upon the interests of the nation.

Can you tell me the last time our president sat down and went through a list of available intelligence we could share with other nations?
    Well I'm sorry but I'm not part of the Presidents Cabinet so I really couldn't...The President put people in place that he trusts to deal with this. I truly hope our President isn't getting involved in the day-to-day business of the nation, that's not his job. His job is to set out polices and a vision for this country. The President does get a daily briefing of intelligence report.

We supply our technologies to Israel, why can't Iran be able to do the same with any other country? Because they don't have the same rights as us?, because we think one of their leaders, who by the way doesn't control the military, is crazy?

Last I check Israel isn't looking to destroy its neighbors or kill the entire Muslim population. Iran on the other hand publicly has stated they want the Zionists destroyed...Please go read a copy of Mein Kampf and educate yourself on the behaviors of people like the President of Iran. Israel has the right to do what they need to protect themselves. The Jewish people have been a target of hate and destruction for more then 2000 years. The phrase the Jewish people use "Never again" means something, the Jewish people will never let the extinction of their people to ever be attempted again.

What's very sad is that you believe that the government is run just the way the textbooks say-3 branches of government, plus checks and balances=everything running smoothly. It’s not that black and white. Never was never will be.
    What's sad is you don't believe in the American system. Sorry dude but a Black ops group running our country makes for a great movie but the people of this country run our nation. not a select few. Believe what you want but I truly feel bad that when you see the flag you see something other then what it really means.

I don't deny anything, I could actually care less about whom Iran is supplying arms to because the we here in the US have been doing this since the invention of the gun.
    Will you still not care if a nuclear device goes off in Midtown Manhattan?

This is a free country and you can believe what you want to believe but so can I, which is, this country was founded and still follows the philosophy of "For the People, By the People." When the citizens of this nation want to change the system we will. Our elected officials are going to be in for a rude awakening in the next election.

One other thing, I do find it interesting you totally glanced over all my points to you. I think I made my point and made it rather well. I'll let the members of this board who if you haven't met them will find are educated, successful, and logically people. I'll let them decide on you're thought process.

I forget who said it but...Im not afraid of the guy with a hundred warheads im afraid of the guy with one. Iran just wants to look tough in my honest opinion. If they produce weapons from their nuclear program we have ways of finding out, without them knowing.Plus Iran will record/make a record of what they have and what they are making, even the nazis did that.

And T-Bird I don't believe that a black ops agency is runnig the government, what I am saying is that the president isn't the top dog.
    And as ffor that treaty stuff you profess think about this, when the US was arming Turkey and Greece(who eventually turned on each other) to fight off the communists what treaty was set in place that said , We will keep on supplying these two nations with access to our weapons and technology?There wasn't one, and don't believe that we all just decided to be friendly towards each other.
    When I look at the flag I see both the good and evil that this country has been capable of.

When I look at the flag I see both the good and evil that this country has been capable of.
    WOW I'm not even sure how to answer that or even if I should. I'll just say when I see our flag I see the people who built this country and the good people of this land. I see our flag as a symbol of our freedom and not what our current or poor past administrations have done. Our flag is the spirit of what makes America great it represents the citizens of the U.S.