Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Snow shuts down the N.E

The storm was so powerful it actually formed a hurricane-like eye. This has happened in nor'easters before but it is extremely rare. Also, the radar echoes in the heaviest band of snow were similar to those seen in summer thunderstorms but almost never during winter weather.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Just got home from a pretty bad day at LGA, here is the equipment sub recap for Monday 2-13 at LGA.

Air Canada, 4 A-321's plus a 762 twice (Ship 619, old colors)
    ATA, 752 twice, N514TZ, Palm tree scheme.

that's all I saw folks, a little dissapointing, I sure am glad most of my day's at work don't normally go like that, it was a doosy !

Cheers

LGA777

Where the PARK routing crosses the Expressway Visual 31
    Down here in Washington, some very heavy banding developed, leading to some very localized places of high accumulation. In Washington itself, we got 8-10", but just 20 miles north of here, in Columbia, 21" were reported. I also saw thundersnow for the first time - it happened twice during the overnight, once at about 0145, and once again just after 0300.