Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PIA introduces a new livery!!

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!

Re: PIA introduces a new livery!!

I'm liking this new Swoosh too!

Great Mario's think alike, as I too immediately saw the similarity to El AL! ;)

I found it ironic considering the relationship those 2 governments have.

FAO NLovis, yes I do recall reading about PIAs 747s banned into the US too, only that airline and type. IT was quite specific. I hope what Gordon said was true, that it was lifted in Europe and perhaps that may also happen here in the US
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

NLovis

Quote Originally Posted by mirrodie
    I'm liking this new Swoosh too!

FAO NLovis, yes I do recall reading about PIAs 747s banned into the US too, only that airline and type. IT was quite specific. I hope what Gordon said was true, that it was lifted in Europe and perhaps that may also happen here in the US
    Hope so as well. We dont get enough 747's at JFK. And the term currently in Heavy Maintence i'm hoping is them stepping it up so it gets lifted here in the US

The EU completely lifted the ban in March of 2007, which included the 747-300 fleet and the A310 fleet. The A310 has become a frequent visitor to some European destinations but the most recent visit of the 747 was to LIS last summer on a charter flight. Because of the better product offered on the 777 fleet I imagine PIA does not see it a fit aircraft to operate on their key routes to Europe anymore, let alone to the US.

NLovis

Quote Originally Posted by Iberia A340-600
    The EU completely lifted the ban in March of 2007, which included the 747-300 fleet and the A310 fleet. The A310 has become a frequent visitor to some European destinations but the most recent visit of the 747 was to LIS last summer on a charter flight. Because of the better product offered on the 777 fleet I imagine PIA does not see it a fit aircraft to operate on their key routes to Europe anymore, let alone to the US.
    so why are they keeping it?

Quote Originally Posted by NLovis
    Quote Originally Posted by Iberia A340-600
    so why are they keeping it?
    To use them on flights within Pakistan and to other destinations in the Middle East and India. The 747-300 made a rare appearance in MAN last week:

http://jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=6806296&nseq=16

I agree that it doesn't make sense that B777s are allowed but B742s are banned. Also, the best PIA livery was in the 80's. There was a gold cheatline in the center of the aircraft and a royal green on the tail.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedbird1
    I agree that it doesn't make sense that B777s are allowed but B742s are banned. Also, the best PIA livery was in the 80's. There was a gold cheatline in the center of the aircraft and a royal green on the tail.
    First off, PIA only has 1 747-200 left in their fleet, the rest are -300s. It does make sense that the 777s would be allowed since they are much more modern aircraft with a better maintenance record.

Here is a link to the first picture of a 747-300 now painted in the revised scheme:

http://www.airliners.net/uf/view.file?i ... r5PRR.jpeg

Nice find, still looks ugly. One of the rare cases where eurowhite was better.

The livery has now been applied to a 777-200 so keep an eye out at JFK:

http://skyliner-aviation.de/viewphoto.m ... picid=6385

Looks pretty gross on the 777 IMO.

NLovis

Track that tail #! If i'm making this out right XP-O?GK

That would be AP-BGK.
    Glad to see they brought back the "Pakistan International" titles below the PIA.

Senga

I was looking at the shot on Skyliner Iberia posted.

My thought was the 90's livery was simpler and still looked so much better than this. Same thing with the 1980s scheme.

Sometimes fashion, sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by mirrodie

..and it's not because of telepathy

PIA is govt owned right?

Quote Originally Posted by SengaB
    To Build on what Gordon said,
    FAA and its counterparts can ban types of planes instead of a whole airline. If it has been found that up keep, Maintenance or general operations are not up to FAA standards for a type of plane under an airline they can ban a type of plane from flying into the US.

Senga
    Well the FAA can be a real b**** pardon the expression, when it wants to, especially when it comes to 3rd world nations. The FAA made a big fuss about a Biman DC-10 being unsafe and made it divert to Canada. Canadian authorities found the plane to be perfectly airworthy and all the FAA did was issue an apology. Biman then pulled the NY route and who can blame them. What's ironic is WN, AA, UA, NW etc all have been caught flying aircraft in conditions that were unsafe.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayi757
    PIA is govt owned right?
    Yep, run by the Ministry of Defence, actually.

Plans to privatize were dropped last year.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9