Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2024 Bethpage Airshow at Jones Beach

Well, that was certainly a wild arrival by the Blues in the T-Storm and pouring rain yesterday!!
    I'm just hoping someone got a shot of the lightning in the background while the Blues were attempting to land and
    all 6 finally did, although the nose of #5 took quite a beating and lost a decent amount of paint through the storm!
    I'm sure it will look good as new in the morning when they takeoff for Annapolis cause their Maintenance crew works 24/7 !!
    It was great seeing those 2 sweet looking A-10s land a hour early today so that I didn't have to wait around for a change.

For Friday's practice show, I've heard the F-35C Demo should flying around 11AM and the A-10 Demo around noon time.
    Last edited by Chris S; 2024-05-24 at 01:14 AM.

What a great practice day. The weather was perfect, and the crowds were HUGE. According to Rob Reiner, this was the first time they had 100,000 in attendance for the practice. Great seeing the A10 in it's last go around using flares. I can't remember if anyone ever used flares during a show, maybe someone can tell me if any act ever has?

Air Force has started using flares in their demos recently but only over water shows.

The A-10 Demo was even better on Saturday with almost double the amount of flares used, especially during it's final pass!!! WOW!!!!
    Hope someone posts a video of today's A-10 Demo on Youtube cause it really was AMAZING and definitely a fan favorite today!
    FYI - all roads leading down to Jones Beach were closed around 10:30 today when they announced the parking Fields were already at capacity!!
    If you're going on Sunday, better get there early !!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris S View Post
    The A-10 Demo was even better on Saturday
    What time was the A-10 demo? I am hoping to go by FRG tomorrow to see its departure.
    Antonis Panayotatos
    Owner, Photographer
    www.stellaryear.com

Canon 5D MkIII, Canon 7DMkII: Canon 24-70L USM II, Sigma 50mm f/1.4, Sigma 85mm f/1.4ART, Canon 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro, Sigma 120-300 f/2.8 DG OS HSM

Here are some photos from the Saturday A-10 Demo.

Great shots of the demo!!
    Mark Lawrence - KFLL
    Davie, FL

Community Manager NYCAviation.com
    email: [email protected]

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=1538
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/9633283@N04/

Quote Originally Posted by fieldywanb View Post
    What a great practice day. The weather was perfect, and the crowds were HUGE. According to Rob Reiner, this was the first time they had 100,000 in attendance for the practice. Great seeing the A10 in it's last go around using flares. I can't remember if anyone ever used flares during a show, maybe someone can tell me if any act ever has?
    The Breitling Jet Team used them when they did the show in 2015
    Glenn

Does anyone know what runway the A10 uses?

Quote Originally Posted by dekdawg21 View Post
    The Breitling Jet Team used them when they did the show in 2015
    Thank you, I really never remembered seeing flares before.

Sad to see the show was cancelled early today. Any word on when the Blues will head home to Pensacola? I remember it being shortly after their demo (if they had one) ~4pm or so?

Nice day at the museum today, 106th C-130 did a touch and go and a flyby, L-39s and other warbirds flew too. Sucks the blues didn't fly today though.

Quote Originally Posted by RepublicAviation View Post
    Sad to see the show was cancelled early today. Any word on when the Blues will head home to Pensacola? I remember it being shortly after their demo (if they had one) ~4pm or so?
    A little late of a reply but they left at about 330, however, #7 and Fat Albert are still there, although there were two #2's, so hard to tell if #7 is actually left behind or if the real #2 was left behind if that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by RCFLYER86 View Post
    Nice day at the museum today, 106th C-130 did a touch and go and a flyby, L-39s and other warbirds flew too. Sucks the blues didn't fly today though.
    Yes, it was indeed an awesome day, seems we might have gotten more of a show than the beach did. The warbirds did such an awesome job keeping the airport area entertained. It didn't dawn on me until later why the planes were going and coming back so fast, but when 140 hit and Fat Albert remained parked, I put 2 and 2 together and saw the low clouds off to the south, and went and got some pizza with my son, then we went to the terminal to wait for the blues to go home, I guess I did the show in the right order this year, beach for practice, wantagh park yesterday, and the airport today.

Was by the airport today, looks like the A-10s are about to leave. Also Blue Angel #2 was still parked by the terminal, must have some sort of maintenance issue.