Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2024 Bethpage Airshow at Jones Beach

Quote Originally Posted by imyrless View Post
    Is it possible to track #7 on Flight Radar? I recall sometimes you can and sometimes you can’t. Also, anyone it’s call sign to search if it is trackable? Tnx

-Dave-
    Just started looking into that myself. I know Thunderbird 1 shows but according to reddit posts only Fat Albert shows up BERT10
    Last edited by dekdawg21; 2024-05-22 at 01:55 PM.
    Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by dekdawg21 View Post
    Just started looking into that myself. I know Thunderbird 1 shows but according to reddit posts only Fat Albert shows up BERT10
    Speaking of Bert, currently airborne: https://www.flightradar24.com/BERT10/3555c070

Any preliminary time schedules?

Did #7 arrive yet?

Quote Originally Posted by fieldywanb View Post
    Did #7 arrive yet?
    I don't believe so. At 6:15 I heard Farmingdale ATC say they weren't sure when 7 would be arriving

Quote Originally Posted by fieldywanb View Post
    Did #7 arrive yet?
    Left little before 7:00 and hadn't come in yet. Tower kept saying different times but admitted they didn't know
    Glenn

Looking at posts from the Annapolis air show it seems they only flew 5 jets today, not sure if there was an issue with a jet but Bert did run after the show down to Oceana
    Glenn

Happy air show week! The #7 jet arrived at around 7:45, then spent a little bit of time testing the cables. No flyover. Pulled up to the terminal a little after 8. Tomorrow's looking to be a busy day for the Blues (weather permitting). They're supposed to be in the air for more than 3 hours, longer than any other day this weekend. While the morning's forecast is looking rough at the moment, it is supposed to clear by the afternoon so fingers crossed for circle and arrivals around noon. Hoping to catch a lot of the action tomorrow.

Yeah, not exactly sure why #7 was 3 hours late today, but it was most likely mechanical issues somewhere,
    cause they may have needed to fly the #7 jet in the demo today to replace another jet that was down possibly?
    It was too bad #7 couldn't do a break to land but the arresting cable test with the tailhook sparks was cool to see!
    Fingers crossed the weather isn't too bad tomorrow for the Blues busy day with their arrival, circles and full practice !!
    BTW, one plus tonight was I saw Thom Richard land his P-40 "American Dream" this evening at FRG.

Any idea if the blues will be delayed today? Was planning on taking my little guy to see them arrive, but I am seeing the weather isn't looking great for the morning right around the time they might be coming in.

Any idea on what time the F-35's will fly into Islip today?

Thunderstorms in the area will likely affect their arrival time.

Quote Originally Posted by RCFLYER86 View Post
    Thunderstorms in the area will likely affect their arrival time.
    They have about an hour before it looks to get nasty
    Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by dekdawg21 View Post
    They have about an hour before it looks to get nasty
    Tower just mentioned they don't have an ETA, especially with the weather. I had my doubts of them brute-forcing through that line of T-storms. But it looks like the afternoon should be clear if this moves through as quickly as they predict.

Quote Originally Posted by RepublicAviation View Post
    Tower just mentioned they don't have an ETA, especially with the weather. I had my doubts of them brute-forcing through that line of T-storms. But it looks like the afternoon should be clear if this moves through as quickly as they predict.
    Heard that too. Bert is airborne and appears to be heading this way
    Glenn