Thread: JFK 2-15-13 [Spotting from T5]

JFK 2-15-13 [Spotting from T5]

Had some time to kill before my flight to Seattle and got some great touch down shots on 31R. Clean windows ftw!

My outbound aircraft :-)

I spy my house-

Follow me on Twitter and friend me on Facebook.

Imagine if jetBlue opened an observation deck above the hawaiian gate? OMG!!

Nice batch, Jason... nice looking BBQ Grill on your back yard
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

Manny....funny thing, I was just thinking about that too, an outdoor observation area at the end of that area by the Hawaiian gate. I would probably fly JetBlue more often and I would be 10 hours before my scheduled departure time. Is my burger ready on the grill?
    Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

Love the view Jason. I think when (if Beaufort airshow doesn't get cancelled) I fly to Charleston, SC in April out of T5 I will get there early so I can make my way to the end of the terminal to take advantage of that view.

Quote Originally Posted by Zee71 View Post
    Manny....funny thing, I was just thinking about that too, an outdoor observation area at the end of that area by the Hawaiian gate. I would probably fly JetBlue more often and I would be 10 hours before my scheduled departure time. Is my burger ready on the grill?
    Hell, I'd be making up excuses to fly somewhere just so I could go up there....or buy a one-way ticket to buffalo for 80 bucks and then "miss my flight" and stay up there all day. lol.
    Steve Furst

View my work @

Furst Edition Photography
    JetPhotos.net

Quote Originally Posted by gonzalu View Post
    Imagine if jetBlue opened an observation deck above the hawaiian gate? OMG!!

Nice batch, Jason... nice looking BBQ Grill on your back yard
    The BBQ is always ready to go, just in case I want some burgers.

Quote Originally Posted by Zee71 View Post
    An observation deck there would be epic. Sadly, the closest we will get is the deck coming to Delta T4, which is a part of the sky club.

Quote Originally Posted by steve1840 View Post
    Love the view Jason. I think when (if Beaufort airshow doesn't get cancelled) I fly to Charleston, SC in April out of T5 I will get there early so I can make my way to the end of the terminal to take advantage of that view.

Hell, I'd be making up excuses to fly somewhere just so I could go up there....or buy a one-way ticket to buffalo for 80 bucks and then "miss my flight" and stay up there all day. lol.
    Maybe thats why I go to Buffalo so often....
    Follow me on Twitter and friend me on Facebook.

Great set of shots Jason. I have a feeling though, even if an observation deck were ever to be opened at JFK, the PA would still be out asking what people were doing taking pictures there

And leave it to plane spotters to photograph their own houses from above then discuss the grill in the backyard! That's hilarious!

Where the PARK routing crosses the Expressway Visual 31
    Love the overview pic of JFK showing the T4 expansion.

T5 is amazing at sunset when they are landing 31R. Delta is going to open a lounge in JFK soon with an observation deck. I would love it if JetBlue followed suit.

Great shots by the way!
    Timothy LaBranche

See my photos on:
    Timothy LaBranche.com
    Flickr
    JetPhotos.net