Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cablevision BLOWS!!!

Re: Cablevision BLOWS!!!

More and more I just want to pull the plug on cable and TV all together.... Both the networks and the Cable companies are greedy. All of the content you have on TV you can get online almost on your own terms and its far more ala carte then Cable or Sat.

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!

THe time to get a digital antannae is coming and that, real soon. Such bull****.

and cablevision wants us ot think itts all Scripps network's fault and later, now ABC.

Cablevision can run their ads saying they are being essentially vicitmized but at the end of hte day, they raise their rates to us for no reason!
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Cablevision is... (And I am sorry if it offends those who may work in the company) a greedy company. CSC Holdings more correctly. There is an attitude of entitlement within the company from management. It is almost as if they expect the public to be greatful that they exist and offer the services they do for the rates that they do. At the same time their bottom line almost constantly improves with exception of one quarter in the last few years. The rates go up, but nothing is being covered in terms of overhead by these rates generally speaking. Just more metal in the hanger for the big shots. The fleet of vehicles is in complete shambles and they will be very quick to question you when you address a safety issue. It is always about putting the blame on someone other than the one's with a stack of business cards on their desk.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Quote Originally Posted by hiss srq
    Cablevision is... (And I am sorry if it offends those who may work in the company) a greedy company. CSC Holdings more correctly. There is an attitude of entitlement within the company from management. It is almost as if they expect the public to be greatful that they exist and offer the services they do for the rates that they do. At the same time their bottom line almost constantly improves with exception of one quarter in the last few years. The rates go up, but nothing is being covered in terms of overhead by these rates generally speaking. Just more metal in the hanger for the big shots. The fleet of vehicles is in complete shambles and they will be very quick to question you when you address a safety issue. It is always about putting the blame on someone other than the one's with a stack of business cards on their desk.
    I worked there 10 years....I wouldn't be offended at all, what you say is true. I wouldn't shead a tear if they were bought out and a new culture instilled. The company is filled with greed and ego. IMO the only service they have that is worth the price is the internet, TV is overpriced and you get squat for the money.

Yes. I dont care for cablevision, itws just a monthly bill.. but after the fiasco with SCripps and now ABC and their brainwashing commercials, which are total bull**** to any educated person,

I am that much closer to a dirtial anteannae. I need help though. my TV has a digital tuner install. Whats a good digital HD antannae cost?
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

Senior Member Fighting_falcon_51's Avatar

I actually think their internet services are pretty good people in other areas pay a lot more and get less bandwidth. I think OV is pretty expensive though considering it leeches on your bandwidth that you already have if you have OOL.
    http://www.kjpgallery.com << Photography Collection
    http://www.nyasinfo.com << Jones Beach Airshow Information (Updates continue in November)

About 10 minutes into the Oscar broadcast it was switched back on.

Supposedly they reached a deal, probably means your bill will be going up soon.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

OK.....
    so seriously.. my TV has a digital tuner built in.

how expensive and effective is a digital antennae?

Quote Originally Posted by mirrodie
    OK.....
    so seriously.. my TV has a digital tuner built in.

how expensive and effective is a digital antennae?

http://www.antennaweb.org/aw/welcome.aspx

has everything you need to know. However you won't even get 10 channels with over the air HDTV broadcasts.

Exactly- whenever "they " reach a deal - our bill goes up (hopefully not mine since I have FIOS)

Ken

The free on demand movies was nice last night on cablevision

freee on demand
    We tried it and the movies would not play. Ilm telling you, I think Cvision is living on borrwed time here. Just need to sort a new internet provider and we are gone.

Quote Originally Posted by mirrodie
    freee on demand
    We tried it and the movies would not play. Ilm telling you, I think Cvision is living on borrwed time here. Just need to sort a new internet provider and we are gone.
    Yeah it took a few times for mine to work last night too..