Thread: Fairchild C-119 arrives at HGR (PIX) and BWI pix

Fairchild C-119 arrives at HGR (PIX) and BWI pix

Greetings,
    I just got back from a trip to Hagerstown, MD (HGR) to get a shot of the C-119 Flying Boxcar that was on its last flight to the museum at HGR. 30+ MPH winds almost killed the arrival of the C-119. The other 2 times the plane didn't make it does to engine problems. I have a get 119s but they are all gate Guards and in museums. I am glad to get one that was still in service. Unfortunatly the C-119 touched down at the very top of the runway, this killed any chance of a decent touchdown shot as ti was so far away.

On the second day I stopped of at BWI on the the way back home. The main highlight being the Egyptian Air Force C-130.

Re: Fairchild C-119 arrives at HGR (PIX) and BWI pix

Great shots, Senga! Those landing shots look pretty good to me, glad you were able to catch her arrival.

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

nice shot of the VC-25. was she headed into ADW?
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Great catch Senga! Talk about history!
    Mark Lawrence - KFLL
    Davie, FL

Community Manager NYCAviation.com
    email: [email protected]

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=1538
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/9633283@N04/

Hey Senga,

great shots! I was there for the C-119 and kept an eye out for you, but with no luck. I was standing by the taxiway directly in front of the main gate (you can actually see the back of my dad's head at the extreme left of the first shot). I would have stuck around a bit after the arrival to look for you, but I couldn't take the cold any longer. I'll give you a call when I'm up in New York (probably soon).
    By the way, was that VC-25 shot taken earlier this afternoon (Monday)? I was on my way to the get lunch on campus after my morning classes and saw Air Force One fly directly over BWI around noon on approach to Andrews.

Greets,
    -Omar S.

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS

Nice Senga, the C-119 was the type used in Flight of the Phoeinx, cool plane. Loved the shot of the EAL 722 as well.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Great collection of shots Senga, looks like they had a pretty big crowd their. I had forgotten their where ex Eastern 727's their, is there more than one? And the AF1 shot rocks, you rarely see that angle.

Cheers

LGA777

Thanks guys,

Matt,
    Yes, the VC-25 was on its way to ADW. I didn't know what it was at first as I have ever seen the VC-25 from that angle before. I can't seem to get away from those planes I tell you.

Omar, So you did make it out. I kind of assumed you went to shoot the VIPs at IAD with some of the other guys.
    Yea I see your dads head there. So close yes so far!

I left soon before they have the celebration as I had to get to Crystal City and didn't know how the traffic would be like getting into the city. It was defiantly worth the trip though.
    I hope they more visitors soon.

Nick the EAL 727 is lookig worse that what it did the last time I was there.. Its too bad it was hard to get a decent shot of it before now.

Ron that is the only EAL 727-200 on the field. The White 727-200 next to is is a EX Pan Am 727.

Senga
    Senga

Only dollar 19 i've ever seen was over the Sierras in '85, in the same colors as this one ,so who knows? Great shots,great work, Senga,like always.
    The beehive hummm of the JT9D and GE CF680C2,the thunder of the JT8D-17,the rumble of the PW1830 and the high ,thin whine of the PW 545A are all music to my ears!