Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Florida trip (Nov 2007)

Re: My Florida trip (Nov 2007)

Quote Originally Posted by SengaB
    Don't worry you will too a few weeks Tommy :)

Senga
    Wait that AA DC-7 is at MIA along with the EAL bird?

They are at OPF....I'm assuming you plan to stop off at OPF for a little bit?
    You can get all 2 DC-7s 1 DC-6 and the C-54/DC-4 at OPF

Senga

Actually there are two DC-7s and one DC-6. Tommy, if you stop by Opa Locka make sure to go to the gate near the terminal. There is security guard right next to the entrance to GA ramp. Just go and ask if you can walk and take pictures of those DC-7s. We did and he took us in his golf cart around entire ramp. In the worst case he will tell you that you have to walk, but I'm sure he will let you roam around.

Yes, Florida is one of the last places where you can find so many Convairs. (another comes to mind is Reckenbacker Field in Columbus Ohio). For the full list of stuff from OPF you can check my log posted in Registration forum. We were running out of time so me missed few frames.

Rafal
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Its basic economics, I don't understand it at all..." - Randy Marsh, South Park, CO

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Turner
    Great shots Rafal.... I see FL remains the last refuge of Convair props still....

Great stuff with the DC-7s. Three of them? The AA still flies right? EA being restored?

That old Shorts was a surprise too.

Tom
    Yeah they regularly fly cargo runs to the Bahamas. The blue and yellow one does also.
    Puts the MIA in NYCA