Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Too hot to fly — the sequel!

Re: Too hot to fly — the sequel!

The girl above is not wearing a bra and, at her size, certainly should be if she wants to look a bit classier. That alone is grounds for being called "inappropriate."

Whether or not you guys (or others) enjoy how she looks, doesn't mean it's appropriate or wouldn't make other people uncomfortable.

I'm just playing Devil's Advocate here and once again stating visable facts. I'm not agreeing with either side.

Yet, they dont tell the 350 pound woman in stretch pants and a visible thong to get off the plane. In my male-minded opinion, that is more revolting to a young child, than a decent looking girl in a green dress.
    What about the overweight guys wearing loose jeans so that when they go to the overheads you get a face full of plumbers crack?

True story, my boss was headed to FLL about 6 weeks ago with his family, there were 4 of them so mom & 1 kid sat in 21 E/F and dad and the other kid sat in 22 E/F. Being the good dad he was, he let the kid have the window seat. He reward, a 350 pound woman in a house coat :shock: plops down next to him. Who, right after take-off whips out a Checkers Double Slop burger with all the fixings dripping all over the place and after wolfing that thing down in about 2 bites, yanks up her housecoat and gives herself an insulin shot in the leg! Now tell me THAT is not offensive!

Gross and offensive are two things. Someone looking fat and messy is one thing, but overly sexual appearance is another. Two completely different things.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Yet, they dont tell the 350 pound woman in stretch pants and a visible thong to get off the plane. In my male-minded opinion, that is more revolting to a young child, than a decent looking girl in a green dress.What about the overweight guys wearing loose jeans so that when they go to the overheads you get a face full of plumbers crack?

I totally agree. I find that even more offensive (or gross, or whatever) than most provocative clothing. I guess it all just boils down to the fact that no matter what size you are, you should be wearing clothes that fit and flatter you.

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D.
    Cancidas, I don't understand what you mean by her nice apartment People that are well off don't fly WN?
    ok, you got me there. honestly, those were two incomplete thoughts. i was commenting on the apartment simply because from what i saw in the video. i was curious only as to where she was going for what in regards to her choosing WN to fly. phil, you know me and you know that i simply don't care enough about people to be bothered by how they spend thier money. poor or well off, it just doesn't concern me in the least.

Gross and offensive are two things. Someone looking fat and messy is one thing, but overly sexual appearance is another. Two completely different things.
    good point. the woman with the burger and insulin is innapropriate. an adult should not conduct themselves in that manner, especially in front of children.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bird76
    Any airline can remove a passenger from a flight for w/e reason they deem will make the flight safe and comfortable for the other passengers. Its right in the terms of carriage that you can be removed from a flight.
    Unfortunately, the contract of carriage is a contract of despotism. As far as I know, those girls were not seated INFRONT of the pilots, so their distructing appearence shouldn't have caused a safety problem. The "contract" approach is disturbing because it opens the door to much more dangerous options, such as racist or bigot crew members who gets to decide with their own unlimited power that they prefer a flight without Jews or Muslims or black people etc. It may sound hysterical, but its a real concern.

Izhar

This was in today's (Sep 15th) speednews

September 15: Southwest Airlines issued public apology to a customer who was asked several months ago to de-plane because of inappropriate attire...

...In conjunction with the apology, the airline launched "mini-skirt" fares.

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!

Quote Originally Posted by Mellyrose
    certainly should be if she wants to look a bit classier. That alone is grounds for being called "inappropriate."

Whether or not you guys (or others) enjoy how she looks, doesn't mean it's appropriate or wouldn't make other people uncomfortable.

I'm just playing Devil's Advocate here and once again stating visable facts. I'm not agreeing with either side.
    The pair of incidents is laughable. WN is far from a 'classy' airline, let perhaps that qord should be nixed from usaage in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by candicas
    good point. the woman with the burger and insulin is innapropriate. an adult should not conduct themselves in that manner, especially in front of children.

Thanks for the laugh Matt.

At what point does it stop? What it I am offended by the obese person to my right, or the stinky forgot-to shower person to my left?

In the end, WN wins with an advertising hitch.
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Quote Originally Posted by mirrodie
    Quote Originally Posted by Mellyrose

Thanks for the laugh Matt.

At what point does it stop? What it I am offended by the obese person to my right, or the stinky forgot-to shower person to my left?

In the end, WN wins with an advertising hitch.
    I didn't write that! You're misquoting Mario! ;) :?

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!

No im not :?: :?: :?: :?:
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

mario's right. all that's gonna come out of this is free PR for WN. it's not like they lost an airplane somewhere. people are going to make up thier own minds and will still continue to fly WN.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Styles, trends or whatever, if there's someone sitting on a plane that literally looks like a stripper or a hooker, or if even "normal looking" outfit is leaving very little to the imagination ....
    By the way: what if a real hooker wants to fly SW, say for a business appointment? I guess she shouldn't try to pose as a college girl...