Thread: AA & BA at T4 at JFK

AA & BA at T4 at JFK

I keep noticing lately that BA birds and AA 777s park at gates in JFK's Terminal 4 late at nights.

Does anyone know why this is? Do their respective terminals' customs close up at a certain time and T4 is the only place they can use for late-night international arrivals?
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

I do believe that is the case Phil. On many occasions American's late night arrival from SDQ uses Terminal 4 because the customs closes at Terminal 8. However I have never heard off British Airways using Terminal 4.

yea.. its the whole customes issue.. customs closes at i think 12.. at the ba terminal so they use t4... the amusing thing about it is.. that the 747 is towed back using a low speed tug from t4 back to 7.. its quite a sight to see b/c were usually flying by them in our tbl tractor

When the new AA terminal is completely finished will the customs facilities be 24 hrs? I assume that T3 also closes at 12, so Delta birds that are late arrivals have to be tugged there as well.
    "I can't wait until tomorrow, cause I get better looking everyday"
    --Joe Namath

Everytimes that SDQ flights gets delay, American flight arrive in terminal 4.

Funny you sould mention this, Phil, since I was listening to JFK ATC the other night (morning) and heard Speedbird on the radio. Tower asked where they were parking, and my ears perked up when they said "T4".

Coincidence? I think not. :)
    "My wife is an air traffic controller. I married her because I've always wanted to screw the FAA." - B. Wulle

This resolves something I had been wondering about for a while. Over the summer I was on an Aeromexico flight from MEX to JFK that was supposed to arrive at Terminal 1 but, it being around 1145p (I think), ended up taxiing (rather quickly, behind a Jetblue aircraft) to Terminal 4 and unloading us there. It caused alot of headaches among passengers who, upon figuring out where they were, had to call their relatives or car services or whoever was picking them up and tell them to come to T4....