PDA

View Full Version : 2022 Bethpage Air Show at Jones Beach - May 28th and 29th

Chris S
2022-05-02, 06:14 PM
The Bethpage Air Show at Jones Beach is less than a month away now, so it's time to fire up the thread for it once again!

Here's the official website link to find out the latest show info and download the Bethpage Air Show Mobile App also:
Bethpage Air Show | at Jones Beach State Park (https://bethpageairshow.com/)

The 2022 Bethpage Air Show will take place Saturday, May 28, and Sunday, May 29, from 10AM-3PM.
Note: Advanced purchase of parking tickets is not required or being offered this year.
All attendees will be required to pay the $10 parking fee per car onsite at the parking field.
The $10 parking fee is covered if you have a New York State Parks Empire Pass.
No other tickets are required to enjoy the air show!

2022 Confirmed Performers:

US Navy Blue Angels
US Air Force F-22 Raptor Demo
US Navy F-35C Lightning Demo
US Army Golden Knights Parachute Team
U.S. Coast Guard Search and Rescue Demo
106th Air National Guard Rescue Wing Search and Rescue Demo
American Airpower Museum Warbirds
Skytypers
Mike Goulian
David Windmiller
Jessy Panzer
Farmingdale State College Flying Rams

NYC787
2022-05-04, 08:16 PM
Any idea of where the Blue Angel, F-22 and F-35 will stage out of for the air show? Farmingdale or Islip?

Chris S
2022-05-05, 12:58 AM
Any idea of where the Blue Angel, F-22 and F-35 will stage out of for the air show? Farmingdale or Islip?

The Blue Angels should be staging out of FRG as usual, hopefully over by the terminal again,
and I've also heard that the F-22 and F-35C Demo teams will be staging out of ISP.

fieldywanb
2022-05-10, 10:28 AM
Does anyone have arrival times or dates yet or is it still too early?

Also, why do we always seem to get the same or similar acts every year? Would love to see some different aircraft come to the show. Love that we get the f22 and f35 this year and def not complaining about that at all, but most years seem to be the same show. Would love to see an f117 or b2 come by. Is it the date? Is it funding?

WW2 Warbirds
2022-05-12, 08:46 AM
Does anybody know if the Skytypers are really going to be in the show? Currently, to my knowledge they do no have a sponsor. They do appear to be scheduled for a few shows this year. But currently, there are no indications on the WEB that they are still flying. I work right near Republic Airport and have not seen them even do a single test flight. Right now I am very skeptical about them being in the show.

dekdawg21
2022-05-12, 09:50 AM

Also, why do we always seem to get the same or similar acts every year? Would love to see some different aircraft come to the show. Love that we get the f22 and f35 this year and def not complaining about that at all, but most years seem to be the same show. Would love to see an f117 or b2 come by. Is it the date? Is it funding?

F-117 is retired but would have been cool. Agree that it's the same performers each year but I just consider us lucky to even have one. Actually there's less performers this year. Sean Tucker is no more, there used to be more civilian acts, the Snowbirds had to back out due to training issues, and now it seems Sky Typers are a question mark. The year with the Thurnderbirds, Snowbirds and Breitling jet team (2015) was the best.

RepublicAviation
2022-05-12, 10:09 AM
Stacked show this year, jet wise. F-35 is a great replacement for the Snowbirds dropping out. Hope we get good weather.

Chris S
2022-05-12, 11:10 AM

No confirmed arrival dates and times yet, but Blue Angel #7 usually arrives later on Wed. after the Blue Angels do their Air Show down in Annapolis.
The rest of the team will usually arrive on Thurs. morning at FRG and then do their "circles and arrivals" down at Jones Beach on Thurs. afternoon.
The USAF F-22 and USN F-35C Demo teams will probably be arriving sometime on Thurs. at ISP.

As far as changing up the Air show acts, you'd have to contact the show producers, but I'm sure the bottom line is their budget for the show.
Yeah, we've been lucky to have an annual show over the Memorial Day weekend at Jones Beach since 2004, with the Blues Angels and Thunderbirds
usually rotating each year on headlining the show, and also getting other Military single jet demos from the US Air Force and Navy and Canada also.
It was too bad that the Canadian Snowbirds had to cancel being at Jones Beach this year cause of weather and Covid delays in their Spring Training.
FYI - the F-117 Stealth fighter is pretty much retired from active duty and doing any Air shows but still takes part in some special training missions.
It would be cool if the Air Force could send either the B-1, B-2 or B-52 to do some flybys at Jones Beach also, especially with this year being the
75th Anniversary of the USAF, but I know they're always hard to schedule with all the commercial air traffic flying into JFK and the Tri-State area.

RepublicAviation
2022-05-13, 11:01 AM
According to the AAM's Instagram page, they are planning on hosting the EA-18 Growlers on static display again this year. Any info on when they might arrive?

Fighting Falcon
2022-05-14, 02:48 PM
Excited to see this thread up again! Counting down the days till Memorial Day weekend.

As far as the Skytypers participating - I feel pretty confident that they will be. When I heard back in December that they were no longer being sponsored by GEICO and noticed that their website had been quietly taken down, I thought that was a wrap for the team. But they are listed on the Bethpage FCU airshow website (which does get updated fairly frequently if acts change). They have also been highlighted on the airshow's social media pages. Also - they are now only referred to as "Skytypers" on these posts which seems to me as a further indication that they will be flying but not as GEICO-sponsored group. I've seen on another airshow website that they are also scheduled for a Pennsylvania airshow.

I'm also happy to learn that the Growlers are returning to the AAM. In late March I heard that some were deployed to eastern Europe in light of the situation going on over there (I believe those being deployed were from the same air base in Washington). So wasn't sure if they would be making a return. Last year the Growlers arrived on the Thursday evening prior to the airshow. Let's see when they arrive this year.

Joe
2022-05-14, 03:05 PM
Does anybody know if the Skytypers are really going to be in the show? Currently, to my knowledge they do no have a sponsor. They do appear to be scheduled for a few shows this year. But currently, there are no indications on the WEB that they are still flying. I work right near Republic Airport and have not seen them even do a single test flight. Right now I am very skeptical about them being in the show.

I live right by the end of the runway, the Sky Typers have been flying, in the past week, they went up at least 4 times, usually only one or two at a time.

WW2 Warbirds
2022-05-14, 04:34 PM
I live right by the end of the runway, the Sky Typers have been flying, in the past week, they went up at least 4 times, usually only one or two at a time.

That is great news. Thanks for letting us all know this. I work in the area. Glad to see that it has just been poor timing on my part.

dekdawg21
2022-05-14, 06:28 PM
Good to hear about the Sky Typers. Not sure when they became sponsored by Geico but growing up going to see them at Republic in the late 80 early 90s they were just the Sky Typers.

Chris S
2022-05-14, 08:47 PM
Great to hear the US Navy EA-18 Growlers will be visiting FRG and the AAM again this year!!
It's definitely going to be LOUD at FRG over the Memorial Day weekend with 7 Super Hornets from the Blue Angels and 2 Growlers visiting also!
And if that's not enough noise for ya, you can also catch "Top Gun: Maverick" in the theaters over the Memorial Day weekend too!!
BTW, Here's a new one minute sneak peak video of some of the Super Hornets in action !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6kv_Ofywhc

Joe
2022-05-14, 09:22 PM

We usually go to a few other shows within a few hours drive to see performers. For example, next weekend in Dover, Md - about a 3 -3-1/2 hour drive each way, they have a hell of a line up: Both the Blue Angels and the Thunderbirds, C-17 demo, C-5 demo, B2 flyover, and many others. Well worth the drive in my opinion!

Fighting Falcon
2022-05-14, 11:21 PM
Great to hear the US Navy EA-18 Growlers will be visiting FRG and the AAM again this year!!
It's definitely going to be LOUD at FRG over the Memorial Day weekend with 7 Super Hornets from the Blue Angels and 2 Growlers visiting also!
And if that's not enough noise for ya, you can also catch "Top Gun: Maverick" in the theaters over the Memorial Day weekend too!!
BTW, Here's a new one minute sneak peak video of some of the Super Hornets in action !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6kv_Ofywhc

And don't forget about the potential F22 and F35 flybys over FRG! I remember we got a couple of them from the F35 a few years back. Can't remember if the F22 flew past but I believe it did as well.

bgny61
2022-05-15, 07:33 PM
I'm thinking of running down to Dover myself next weekend. That is going to be a mega airshow :) Harrier and Osprey also from what I saw on the schedule

Chris S
2022-05-16, 12:11 AM
And don't forget about the potential F22 and F35 flybys over FRG! I remember we got a couple of them from the F35 a few years back. Can't remember if the F22 flew past but I believe it did as well.

It would be nice if the F-22 and F-35C did some flybys at FRG after their demos at Jones Beach, but unfortunately it's been a while since we got one at FRG.
BTW, the F-22 is also scheduled to do a HF over a parade up in Hatfield, MA on Sun. May 29th, so if a flyby happened with the F-22 it would probably only be on Sat?
And yeah, that F-35A did some nice low approaches at FRG back in 2016 at FRG, and back then it had to fly all the way back to ACY after the show also!!

WW2 Warbirds
2022-05-16, 09:41 AM
We usually go to a few other shows within a few hours drive to see performers. For example, next weekend in Dover, Md - about a 3 -3-1/2 hour drive each way, they have a hell of a line up: Both the Blue Angels and the Thunderbirds, C-17 demo, C-5 demo, B2 flyover, and many others. Well worth the drive in my opinion!

Atlantic City puts on a good show as well. I was there in 2019. We got to see a B-52 as well as a couple of other gems. That year they also hosted the Red Arrows. So it was really was worth the trip.

Chris S
2022-05-17, 09:55 AM
BTW, the Blue Angels will also be doing the USNA Graduation flyover down in Annapolis on Friday May 27th at 10AM,
and in the past, they usually take off from FRG between 9:00- 9:30AM and return around 10:30 -10:45AM.

fieldywanb
2022-05-22, 12:09 PM
So does anyone have any arrival times for any of the jets? I unfortunately don't know where else to look for the info

Fighting Falcon
2022-05-22, 07:28 PM
Passed by Republic yesterday afternoon and saw them installing the arresting gear on the runway

Chris S
2022-05-22, 08:25 PM
Passed by Republic yesterday afternoon and saw them installing the arresting gear on the runway

Well, that's great to hear they're installing the arresting cable on RWY 32/14, cause that confirms the Blues will be using FRG.
No confirmed arrival times yet, but hoping to hear some info soon. FYI, the FAA has posted the TFR for the Jones Beach show
and the air space over the beach will be closed daily from 10AM to 3PM, starting Thurs., May 26th and ending Sun. May 29th.
BTW, I went down to the Dover Air Show over the weekend and finally got to see the Blue Angels fly their Super Hornets in person
and they definitely have more power than the Legacy Hornets and are MUCH LOUDER also !!
The Blue Angels are definitely going to ROCK Republic Airport and Jones Beach this week!!

Fighting Falcon
2022-05-22, 08:39 PM
Well, that's great to hear they're installing the arresting cable on RWY 32/14, cause that confirms the Blues will be using FRG.
No confirmed arrival times yet, but hoping to hear some info soon. FYI, the FAA has posted the TFR for the Jones Beach show
and the air space over the beach will be closed daily from 10AM to 3PM, starting Thurs., May 26th and ending Sun. May 29th.
BTW, I went down to the Dover Air Show over the weekend and finally got to see the Blue Angels fly their Super Hornets in person
and they definitely have more power than the Legacy Hornets and are MUCH LOUDER also !!
The Blue Angels are definitely going to ROCK Republic Airport and Jones Beach this week!!

Awesome, can't wait! Also, was the TFR in previous years for the entire duration of the show? If I'm not mistaken I believe it was only for when the big jets are in the air (an hour for the Blues/Tbirds and an additional hour or so for the ACC/Navy Tac demos). Maybe they just figured it'd be easier to slot off the entire air show time this year?

dekdawg21
2022-05-23, 12:29 AM
Awesome, can't wait! Also, was the TFR in previous years for the entire duration of the show? If I'm not mistaken I believe it was only for when the big jets are in the air (an hour for the Blues/Tbirds and an additional hour or so for the ACC/Navy Tac demos). Maybe they just figured it'd be easier to slot off the entire air show time this year?

Pretty sure in years past it was for the duration of the show. Would have to imagine not only for safety of all performers but in case schedule had to be adjusted. I know Thursday circle and arrivals they go up multiple times after arriving at FRG.

Chris S
2022-05-23, 04:33 AM
Yeah, usually the TFR would be pretty much be the same times for Fri., Sat., and Sun., but this year they also included Thursday from 10AM to 3PM too!
The TFR schedule may have been done that way so that the Blue Angels have more flexibility on when they get to practice this week because they've got
a very busy week starting with the Annapolis practice and show on Tues. and Wed. and then flying back down there from FRG for the USNA Graduation
flyover on Fri. morning. Things could change up for them depending on downtime needed by the team and weather too possibly?

Chris S
2022-05-24, 09:48 AM
According to the American Airpower Museum's FB page it sounds like they're expecting (3) - EA-18G Growlers visiting the AAM this weekend.
They will also have the Top Gun Experience F/A-18 full size cockpit there also available for photo ops too. Here's the post ...

"Join us for the first day of our Top Gun Weekend! Come and visit our special weekend the Cockpit USA sponsored "Top Gun" experience
with our interactive Top Gun display including a full size F/A-18 Cockpit tour and gear up in Top Gun flight gear for available photo packages
for you and your friends and family! (Tours/Photo packages are not included in museum admission).
Watch the American Airpower Museum Warbirds and the US Navy Blue Angels fly over Republic Airport during their Departure and Arrival operations
for the Jones Beach Air Show! Come meet and greet with real US Navy Top Gun's visiting AAM with 3 EA-18G Growlers!"
https://scontent-lga3-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/273385840_4842380922513328_8736535519228176478_n.j pg?_nc_cat=100&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=ETvYe37APFEAX-7lqxv&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-2.xx&oh=00_AT-xWTymqAysB0o-wRddErcTEVwBid-lj_SEybZ6xXGu4g&oe=62908D38

Chris S
2022-05-24, 04:32 PM
Well, the only info I've been able to find out so far from Republic Airport Flight Ops is that Blue Angel #7 is due in sometime after 1PM on Wed., but that could also mean anytime between 1PM - 7PM?
Fat Albert is due into FRG on Thurs. morning around 8AM and the rest of the Blues should be arriving between 9AM - 11AM. The Blue Angels should be doing their circles and arrivals and practicing down
at Jones Beach between the hours of 11AM- 3PM on Thurs., but I'm not sure if the 4-Ship Diamond and 2 solos will be going up once or twice on Thursday?
The F-22 and F-35C are scheduled to arrive at ISP on Thursday but haven't heard any specific times yet for them or the Growlers coming to FRG also.

RepublicAviation
2022-05-24, 04:38 PM
Appreciate the info, Chris!

fieldywanb
2022-05-24, 04:49 PM
Thank you very much sir! That info is greatly appreciated.

Chris S
2022-05-25, 08:54 AM
Update: Blue Angel #7's arrival time today at FRG is approximately 5PM now.
Heard that info from 2 different sources with the FAA and Media also.

Chris S
2022-05-25, 10:05 AM
After Fat Albert and the Blues arrive on Thursday between 8:00 - 9:30AM, the 4-ship Diamond is supposed to take off between 10:30 - 10-45AM to do their circles down at Beach starting at 11AM,
and then 2 solos will follow them between 11:30 - Noon. In the afternoon Fat Albert will practice down at the beach around 1PM, and then the Blue Angels will do a full practice show starting at 2PM.

EWR757
2022-05-25, 11:10 AM
Thats great info. Appreciate all the work!

Billbo1970
2022-05-25, 12:25 PM
Do we know when the F-22 & F-35 are scheduled to arrive yet?

fieldywanb
2022-05-25, 01:35 PM
I'm not sure but I do know Islip is far less friendly for spotters. Wish that wasn't the case

Chris S
2022-05-25, 01:36 PM
Unfortunately, haven't heard anything yet about the arrival times for the F-22 or F-35C.
I would think the F-22 would be arriving first since it's closer coming up for Langley AFB in VA,
because the F-35C is coming all the way from NAS Lemoore in CA.

BTW, on a side note, I saw Top Gun: Maverick last night and it was definitely worth the wait!!
All I'll say for now is do yourself a favor and definitely see it in IMAX cause the cinematography and sound is just AMAZING !!

NYC787
2022-05-25, 01:45 PM
From which squadron does the F-35C belong to? Anyone know?

Liquid_Squelch
2022-05-25, 01:57 PM
Hi All
Great to see the thread active for another air show.

For the 16th straight year, I have published my Air Show Frequency list and have a live feed up and running to capture the audio from the cockpits as best I can. The feed is up and running now and will remain up through Memorial Day.

Right now the feed has a lot of extra aviation traffic on it and will be cut back as we get closer to air show and practice times.

You can view the frequency list and listen to the feeds at www.w2lie.net/airshow
For those looking to listen on their mobile device, you can download the Scanner Radio App by Gordon Edwards and searching by the newest additions.

Later this week, I'll post my link to my YouTube channel where I also stream the live feed and overlay ADS-B and UAT traffic that I am receiving at home to track the planes.

Chris S
2022-05-25, 02:13 PM
From which squadron does the F-35C belong to? Anyone know?

The Navy F-35C Demo team is from VFA-125 "Rough Riders" from NAS Lemoore in CA.

Chris S
2022-05-25, 02:27 PM
BTW, hopefully the Navy F-35C Demo team flies a similar demo profile as they did last year over Pensacola Beach
where the back-up F-35C joins in the fun toward the end with a cool sneak pass too!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d33TI5PHzF8

Chris S
2022-05-25, 02:30 PM
Hi All
Great to see the thread active for another air show.

For the 16th straight year, I have published my Air Show Frequency list and have a live feed up and running to capture the audio from the cockpits as best I can. The feed is up and running now and will remain up through Memorial Day.

Right now the feed has a lot of extra aviation traffic on it and will be cut back as we get closer to air show and practice times.

You can view the frequency list and listen to the feeds at www.w2lie.net/airshow (http://www.w2lie.net/airshow)
For those looking to listen on their mobile device, you can download the Scanner Radio App by Gordon Edwards and searching by the newest additions.

Later this week, I'll post my link to my YouTube channel where I also stream the live feed and overlay ADS-B and UAT traffic that I am receiving at home to track the planes.

Very cool!! Great job as always, Phil !

fieldywanb
2022-05-25, 02:47 PM
A blue and yellow single prop acrobatic plane just arrived at republic

Chris S
2022-05-25, 02:53 PM
BTW, after Blue Angel #7 arrives later this afternoon, they'll probably be testing of the arresting cable with #7 also,
so that everything is ready for tomorrow morning when the rest of the team arrives.

Chris S
2022-05-25, 03:01 PM
A blue and yellow single prop acrobatic plane just arrived at republic

If it looks like this aircraft, then it's David Windmiller
https://live.staticflickr.com/4283/35034144263_cbde702391.jpg

fieldywanb
2022-05-25, 03:20 PM
Yes it did, could only make out the writing on the side but that was it, sounded great coming in.

Chris S
2022-05-25, 05:03 PM
Blue Angel #7 has just been cleared to land on RWY 14.

Chris S
2022-05-25, 05:05 PM
Blue Angel #7 is going to test the arresting cable now with the FRG ground crew.

fieldywanb
2022-05-25, 06:07 PM
Blue Angel #7 is on display at the terminal for those interested.

Chris S
2022-05-25, 08:15 PM
FYI - Heard from Fred K., who's having problems logging into the forums here this week,
and he's heard the Growlers are arriving around 4:30PM on Friday.

Fighting Falcon
2022-05-25, 09:56 PM
FYI - Heard from Fred K., who's having problems logging into the forums here this week,
and he's heard the Growlers are arriving around 4:30PM on Friday.

Chris, thanks for all the detailed info! It's appreciated!

It was great to see #7 land earlier today. A nice tease of what's to come this weekend. Also, I hear that the USCG Search and Rescue demo is going to include an HC-144. Pretty cool since I believe it would be the first time it was used for the air show.

Joe
2022-05-26, 06:58 AM
I heard that the F22 was arriving between 9-10 am and the F35 between 5:30 - 6:30 tonight, I don't know know how accurate the source is, so take it with a grain of salt. Also Fat Albert is due in at 8, not 9, and the Blues are due in by 9:00. Also, the same source said that the Blues are leaving Monday, which is unusual as they usually leave Sunday night around 6:15

fieldywanb
2022-05-26, 08:14 AM
Fat Albert has arrived at republic

Billbo1970
2022-05-26, 08:45 AM
F22 & F35 at ISP?

imyrless
2022-05-26, 09:13 AM
Couldn’t be at FRG this morning but did see the Angel’s setup over Jericho on their way in for the flyover. Just never gets old!! Can’t wait to photograph at the beach later.

=+=+=+=+=
David Lobel
http://instagram.com/davidlobel
http://Facebook/dlobel

fieldywanb
2022-05-26, 09:24 AM
Couldn’t be at FRG this morning but did see the Angel’s setup over Jericho on their way in for the flyover. Just never gets old!! Can’t wait to photograph at the beach later.

=+=+=+=+=
David Lobel
http://instagram.com/davidlobel
http://Facebook/dlobel

I was at republic this morning and you are right, it never gets old, they looked perfect as always on their hello pass!

puckstopper55
2022-05-26, 09:28 AM
Sure sounded like it, or at least one of them. I live under their approach and couldn’t run outside quick enough.

dekdawg21
2022-05-26, 09:55 AM
Drove by where the sky typers are parked and pilots were around/ in their planes in flight suits.

puckstopper55
2022-05-26, 10:11 AM
Just saw 2 fly over and into isp. Couldn’t tell which but sounded like the f-35 to me.

RCFLYER86
2022-05-26, 10:12 AM
F-22 appears to be partially visible on ADSB exchange looks like they flew by the beach for some circles before arriving at ISP.

fieldywanb
2022-05-26, 10:13 AM
Drove by where the sky typers are parked and pilots were around/ in their planes in flight suits.
They are about to go up, on the taxiway now

Bluesubaru
2022-05-26, 10:23 AM
They are about to go up, on the taxiway now

F-22s just buzzed the runway at ISP

fieldywanb
2022-05-26, 10:27 AM
F-22s just buzzed the runway at ISP

I guess no flyby for us at republic

RepublicAviation
2022-05-26, 11:36 AM
Was a treat to see the Blue Angel Diamond take off in the Supers.

fieldywanb
2022-05-26, 12:00 PM

It was considerably louder than the legacy, literally breathtaking.

Billbo1970
2022-05-26, 12:00 PM
I live in the Greenlawn area and heard some thunder at 9:05 this morning. Too wooded to see anything, but it went on for ages and didn't sound real close.

RepublicAviation
2022-05-26, 12:09 PM
It was considerably louder than the legacy, literally breathtaking.

No doubt about that! Really happy they took off in the 4-ship. In years past on show days they took off single-file.

fieldywanb
2022-05-26, 12:26 PM
For those interested, ADSB exchange is showing the solo pilots, however as an unknown aircraft. Over Jones Beach right now.

dekdawg21
2022-05-26, 01:25 PM

Last time they were here and I saw them take off the went staggered one after the other, was cool seeing the diamond again. And the Supers are way louder than the legacy hornet

fieldywanb
2022-05-26, 02:57 PM
After Fat Albert and the Blues arrive on Thursday between 8:00 - 9:30AM, the 4-ship Diamond is supposed to take off between 10:30 - 10-45AM to do their circles down at Beach starting at 11AM,
and then 2 solos will follow them between 11:30 - Noon. In the afternoon Fat Albert will practice down at the beach around 1PM, and then the Blue Angels will do a full practice show starting at 2PM.

I don't know where you got this information, but it proved to be spot on. Thank you again for putting it out there for us...would you happen to have the lotto numbers now?

RCFLYER86
2022-05-26, 03:29 PM
Went to see the Blues takeoff and land again for their afternoon practice and they flew with 7 jets. When landing one of the jets had to do a go around. I didn’t see it until the number 7 jet flew over me landing and didn’t catch the jet number but possibly 6.

Chris S
2022-05-26, 03:58 PM
I don't know where you got this information, but it proved to be spot on. Thank you again for putting it out there for us...would you happen to have the lotto numbers now?

My pleasure !! Very funny, no lottos number but ...
I did hear the Navy F-35C Demo team is due into ISP around 5:30 - 5:45PM today.

Also, the Blue Angels won't be departing after Sunday's show and will stay over and leave sometime on Monday morning.
Just got home from the beach and it was a Vapor fest down there, especially with the double sneak pass that included #7 also!
Hopefully somebody will post some pics of the sneak pass from today!

dekdawg21
2022-05-26, 06:04 PM
The F-35s came in a little around 5:40

Cscottrun
2022-05-26, 07:49 PM
Hi all. A couple of questions (hopefully someone had this info and is willing to share):

1. Is tomorrow the day the Blue Angels fly out in the morning to go to the Navy graduation? If so, about what time do they leave Republic?

2. Is the full show schedule circulating or does anyone know it? I’m working remotely tomorrow and may try to go back and forth from my house to the beach as I live close enough, depending on who’s performing and at what time.

Thanks!

mirrodie
2022-05-26, 08:23 PM
Is the typical full Friday practice run still being done? I typically try to get to Jones by 1300 on the Friday to catch them. Should we expect the blues at 1400 Friday?

my office is right at isp and I *think* I heard them take off today at 1400. Am I wrong?

RCFLYER86
2022-05-26, 08:46 PM
It seems like a lot of the practices got done today but if the weather holds out above minimum I’m sure there will be some planes flying tomorrow. Whether the Blues fly is yet to be determined since they flew a practice today.

Joe
2022-05-26, 09:07 PM
https://scontent-lga3-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/284493213_5553833121314010_8495999481338155673_n.j pg?_nc_cat=105&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=4ol3seeG3W0AX99OYsH&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-2.xx&oh=00_AT9Sqjn9dubemW6GCKCY-Zk80e7NXeKq8-Ed5a1i-fk2aQ&oe=6294D615https://scontent-lga3-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/284379023_5553833091314013_6578386999911258961_n.j pg?_nc_cat=105&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=HIHyKOFmF6AAX8SqvT7&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-2.xx&oh=00_AT-14h6j00sYVmneyPsFXGmfm_ahXdnAsInJEI0KclGkFw&oe=6295498Fhttps://scontent-lga3-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/284462808_5553833064647349_3065135444517442482_n.j pg?_nc_cat=111&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=zwtziTOQX24AX8jRyNt&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-2.xx&oh=00_AT9MO_DNwjFhQsGj-CZodQ8fTev8ZbRF11WZJKRVyYr0UA&oe=6295F9AA

RCFLYER86
2022-05-26, 09:17 PM
Holy moly that vapor cloud in the first pic is insane!

Joe
2022-05-26, 09:27 PM
Holy moly that vapor cloud in the first pic is insane!

On both sneak passes, they made several vapor clouds, it was incredible!

Chris S
2022-05-26, 09:31 PM
On both sneak passes, they made several vapor clouds, it was incredible!

Nice job catching the Vapor fest down at the beach today, especially the special double sneak pass with #5 and #7, Joe !

Joe
2022-05-26, 09:32 PM
Here is a video of it by Jake, my neighbors son (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Zm-9_NZA_E):

Chris S
2022-05-26, 09:38 PM
Hi all. A couple of questions (hopefully someone had this info and is willing to share):

1. Is tomorrow the day the Blue Angels fly out in the morning to go to the Navy graduation? If so, about what time do they leave Republic?

2. Is the full show schedule circulating or does anyone know it? I’m working remotely tomorrow and may try to go back and forth from my house to the beach as I live close enough, depending on who’s performing and at what time.

Thanks!

Yes, the Blue Angels will be doing the USNA Graduation flyover down in Annapolis tomorrow at 10AM,
and they should be taking off from FRG around 9:15 - 9:30AM and return around 10:30 -10:45AM.
Hopefully the weather cooperates in the morning!

Haven't seen any full show schedules yet, but as far as Friday practice show goes, there's a good chance they'll have adjust
the F-22 and F-35C Demo times because of the low ceilings and unsettled weather forecasted for most of Friday.

Chris S
2022-05-26, 09:41 PM
Here is a video of it by Jake, my neighbors son (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Zm-9_NZA_E):

Nice job catching the Vapor Fest sneak passes by Jake!!

RCFLYER86
2022-05-26, 09:53 PM
Looking at the TAFs of KISP for tomorrow it's going to be swamped in IFR all day likely limiting any flying by the F-22 or F-35, KJFK is saying might have MVFR conditions at some point which might just be enough to allow some planes to fly.

imyrless
2022-05-26, 11:31 PM
Hi Group, Forgive the question that must have been asked dozen's of times, but I'm having difficulty uploading/linking images. I have some from today at Jones Beach and would like to share. I was looking for an instruction page, but can't seem to find one. I know the images need to be linked to a URL, and I've done this via Smugmug and Dropbox. Actually, Dropbox allows a direct link to the .JPG.

What am I missing? Any assistance is much appreciated.

Thanks.

-dave-

MarkLawrence
2022-05-27, 06:44 AM
Hi Group, Forgive the question that must have been asked dozen's of times, but I'm having difficulty uploading/linking images. I have some from today at Jones Beach and would like to share. I was looking for an instruction page, but can't seem to find one. I know the images need to be linked to a URL, and I've done this via Smugmug and Dropbox. Actually, Dropbox allows a direct link to the .JPG.

What am I missing? Any assistance is much appreciated.

Thanks.

-dave-
You should simply be able to use the "Insert Image" button that is located above the reply pane - third from the right - that is where you like to a URL.66

imyrless
2022-05-27, 08:35 AM
Good Morning Mark and thanks for the reply. I did use the "Insert Image" option where it asks for the URL. But when I put the following URL into the field and post, nothing is displayed. That's why I believe I'm missing another piece. Here's one of the links I used from my Dropbox. I pasted this into a browser where I'm NOT logged into Dropbox, so it would show that I didn't need credentialed access. Maybe Dropbox isn't a good option to located photos which are displayed here?? Thanks for any additional advice.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ff9i4wv22g2mjdi/220526-0159.jpg

dekdawg21
2022-05-27, 09:19 AM
Unfortunately practice is canceled today due to weather

fieldywanb
2022-05-27, 09:19 AM
According to the air shows facebook page, today's entire practice is cancelled.

imyrless
2022-05-27, 09:23 AM
https://photos.smugmug.com/Public/2022-Jones-Beach-Air-Show/i-Z3Cgcqc/0/6092c5d7/X2/220526-0159-X2.jpg

https://photos.smugmug.com/Public/2022-Jones-Beach-Air-Show/i-xJbKMtc/0/94a0eb14/X2/220526-0395-X2.jpg

https://photos.smugmug.com/Public/2022-Jones-Beach-Air-Show/i-XCjzG6S/0/cdf41703/X2/220526-0184-X2.jpg

https://photos.smugmug.com/Public/2022-Jones-Beach-Air-Show/i-T27qCkb/0/279f324f/X2/220526-0207-X2.jpg

https://photos.smugmug.com/Public/2022-Jones-Beach-Air-Show/i-DLJd7PC/1/3d5be4f8/X2/220526-0402-X2.jpg

Innes
2022-05-27, 10:01 AM
Anybody advise what time the blue Angels are taken off from Republic Airport for Annapolis

Cscottrun
2022-05-27, 10:02 AM
Per this person on Twitter, graduation flyover is canceled due to low visibility.

https://twitter.com/philbergmantv/status/1530183823320817664?s=21&t=0Du5dLlvuOSLlMo9uuA3sg

fieldywanb
2022-05-27, 10:23 AM
Anybody advise what time the blue Angels are taken off from Republic Airport for Annapolis

Number 7 just left to go somewhere?

EWR757
2022-05-27, 10:36 AM
I stuck around the beach longer than planned last night (Thursday) and saw the two F-35's at about 5:35 pm come in from the south in a loose formation and do 3 large circuits over the beach at about 1000' agl. Wonder if that's the only look/see or practice they'll see before this weekend.

EWR757
2022-05-27, 10:39 AM
Also, for Saturday, looks like a large gap in forecasts between what the NOAA/NWS and commercial services are forecasting. Govt forecast still calling for thunderstorms/showers in the morning/mid-day but some commercial providers are not. Thats as of Friday morning anyway.

fieldywanb
2022-05-27, 11:14 AM
#7 has returned to farmingdale

RepublicAviation
2022-05-27, 11:38 AM
Any word if the Growlers are still expected into FRG?

fieldywanb
2022-05-27, 11:39 AM
Looks like #7 is doing media flights, and another excited member of the media appears to be getting himself ready to get in to jet #7

fieldywanb
2022-05-27, 11:49 AM
Planes 1-6 are having gas put in them, not sure what this means but maybe one of you does.

dekdawg21
2022-05-27, 12:12 PM
They still have the tfr, maybe they are going up if there's a window for them with the weather

mac7526
2022-05-27, 01:01 PM
Crew Chief I spoke to at Terminal said they were trying to get up today even if the practice show was cancelled.

fieldywanb
2022-05-27, 01:17 PM
Ground crew just rushed out to all the jets, canopies are open and ladders are down...once again, not sure what this means. Sounds like Fat Albert is getting ready as well.

fieldywanb
2022-05-27, 01:35 PM
Fat Albert is on the move

imyrless
2022-05-27, 01:57 PM
FWIW: A buddy who is at FRG right now just said that 1-6 is ready to go.

RCFLYER86
2022-05-27, 02:02 PM
Fat Albert was visible on Flightradar24 but disappeared while holding short of Runway 19.

fieldywanb
2022-05-27, 02:03 PM
Fat Albert was visible on Flightradar24 but disappeared while holding short of Runway 19.

It looked like it went by the museum for a few, it then shortly returned to it's parking spot

fieldywanb
2022-05-27, 02:05 PM
FWIW: A buddy who is at FRG right now just said that 1-6 is ready to go.

Number 5 just took off very low and very fast

RCFLYER86
2022-05-27, 02:06 PM
Probably sending up 1 jet to evaluate the weather by the beach before practice.

Cscottrun
2022-05-27, 02:12 PM
Anyone have an update? Are they going up and if so, what time?

fieldywanb
2022-05-27, 02:14 PM
Anyone have an update? Are they going up and if so, what time?

I'm at the end of runway 14, number 5 is up right now at the beach visible on ADSB exchange. The canopies on the other 5 jets have opened since which is probably not a good sign

imyrless
2022-05-27, 02:18 PM
Same buddy just said the Angels shutdown :-(

aerialalan
2022-05-27, 02:18 PM
He is heading back to frg

RCFLYER86
2022-05-27, 02:21 PM
Yeah 5 just flew over my house, I guess the weather is too cloudy at the beach.

fieldywanb
2022-05-27, 04:16 PM
Well practice day was a relative bust, let's hope tomorrow's weather doesn't do what today's weather did.

Joe
2022-05-27, 04:36 PM
A few more from yesterday:
https://scontent-lga3-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/284440645_5556416341055688_6688065038685977643_n.j pg?_nc_cat=105&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=fGs55c65OVcAX_wgh0I&_nc_oc=AQnnq-NV06bLTMS9fDnpN-8H2n_GpYYLlSMVXlTvNeO-lgXCJjLK2ncVRRN23fwvedA&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-2.xx&oh=00_AT_2XzEdnBdoR9EmRKUaOyqoK2aXZVXkE75PGPv765tJ-w&oe=62956DCChttps://scontent-lga3-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/284252790_5556416461055676_7389844855419110305_n.j pg?_nc_cat=106&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=aDDkSImQv_EAX-yMnZ2&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-2.xx&oh=00_AT9le6vwgYOrmYu2xamfxjP4UoeoFlK3IoNe_KTDKz2L TQ&oe=6295E45Ehttps://scontent-lga3-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/284104848_5556416414389014_918732747072472764_n.jp g?_nc_cat=103&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=Jah2O3dJrSEAX94zTh1&tn=vrHlTA6kbURwalnw&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-2.xx&oh=00_AT9u6iK_d78v0szb9UW41pJCIGvNdBRZGFEyjP_1Vn6c Ww&oe=6296A211https://scontent-lga3-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/284209663_5556416601055662_5244572151841840386_n.j pg?_nc_cat=100&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=Tld0bNeDM70AX-MkWvV&tn=vrHlTA6kbURwalnw&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-2.xx&oh=00_AT8GX7g_IUo49r7Z27oJcoguXNu2d6F30tEDGJu--ok91A&oe=62960B8Ehttps://scontent-lga3-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/284192207_5556416681055654_6309125674507170593_n.j pg?_nc_cat=110&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=rLHNvIPJ_eQAX85MFiT&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-2.xx&oh=00_AT_bbBcDkM1FnCMi3YP4zTD40tArkVn_ATlXqCnmbulM iw&oe=6296B16Chttps://scontent-lga3-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/284409416_5556416651055657_4817268962730486204_n.j pg?_nc_cat=100&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=Q6eYas_E23wAX8yj8le&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-2.xx&oh=00_AT9uX4ev9GFfmktF8gj7tSzDfzz_IkbcqtF3tMVALcfP cg&oe=6296026D

imyrless
2022-05-27, 04:44 PM
Nice collection Joe!!! Very sweet!!

Chris S
2022-05-27, 05:44 PM
Well, I stopped by the AAM around 5PM to hopefully catch the Growlers arrival, but when I talked to one of the guys in the know at the museum
he said the 2 Growlers were currently on a stopover in Ohio and most likely were going to have to wait there until the long line of T-Storms
went through the NJ/NY area before they continued on to FRG. They were hoping they would be in around 6:30, but right now that's not looking
too promising, and their arrival might even be delayed until tomorrow morning??

Chris S
2022-05-27, 05:52 PM
Great shots guys! I especially like this awesome heat haze shot from #5's exhaust over #7 during the cool double sneak pass !!

https://photos.smugmug.com/Public/2022-Jones-Beach-Air-Show/i-DLJd7PC/1/3d5be4f8/X2/220526-0402-X2.jpg

RobC88
2022-05-27, 07:23 PM
Does the AAM have extended hours for the weekend?

Joe
2022-05-27, 07:37 PM
Well, I stopped by the AAM around 5PM to hopefully catch the Growlers arrival, but when I talked to one of the guys in the know at the museum
he said the 2 Growlers were currently on a stopover in Ohio and most likely were going to have to wait there until the long line of T-Storms
went through the NJ/NY area before they continued on to FRG. They were hoping they would be in around 6:30, but right now that's not looking
too promising, and their arrival might even be delayed until tomorrow morning??

I heard that they were coming in at 9 AM tomorrow morning.

RobC88
2022-05-27, 07:45 PM
https://i.ibb.co/8jK67Mf/IMG-6534.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/R4Qh6xB/IMG-6573-2.jpg

Chris S
2022-05-27, 07:46 PM
I heard that they were coming in at 9 AM tomorrow morning.

Thanks for the update, Joe!

Chris S
2022-05-27, 08:13 PM
Here's the tentative show schedule for Sat. ... weather permitting!

1008 - 1023 Golden Knights Flag Jump
1023 - 1048 106th Rescue Wing Demo
1048 - 1058 Farmingdale State College Aviation Flyby
1058 - 1108 Civil Air Patrol Flyby
1108 - 1128 F-22 Demo
1128 - 1138 F-22 USAF Heritage Flight
1138 - 1158 American Airpower Warbirds
1158 - 1208 Jessy Panzner
1208 - 1228 F-35C Demo
1228 - 1238 F-35C Navy Legacy Flight
1238 - 1256 Skytypers
1256 - 1308 David Windmiller
1308 - 1343 Golden Knights
1343 - 1355 Mike Goulian
1400 - 1500 Blue Angels

imyrless
2022-05-27, 11:57 PM
Chris, thanks for the detailed itinerary!

puckstopper55
2022-05-28, 07:36 AM
Thoughts about the show today? We have a dense fog advisory until noon and then a decent chance of rain / thunderstorms from 11-3pm. Not sure it’s worth the hassle when tomorrow is supposed to be picture perfect.

fieldywanb
2022-05-28, 08:28 AM
Seems like groundhogs day. Not looking good at all.

RCFLYER86
2022-05-28, 08:47 AM
Well they announced on Facebook that the show will be going on but performing will be at pilot discretion. Expect a shortened show with thunderstorms in the area around 2. It is not unlikely that the Blues will fly earlier because of this because the weather will be at a marginal but within limits between 11ish and 2ish.

puckstopper55
2022-05-28, 09:11 AM
I feel like it’s not even worth the debate right now. It’s not like we are picking between two bad days. Tomorrow is supposed to be ideal, but it’ll be packed!

fieldywanb
2022-05-28, 09:28 AM
I feel like it’s not even worth the debate right now. It’s not like we are picking between two bad days. Tomorrow is supposed to be ideal, but it’ll be packed!

Agreed tomorrow will be better but there will be sooooo many people there as compared to today. Let's hope the ceiling lifts a little today and we can get a full show in.

RCFLYER86
2022-05-28, 10:24 AM
KFRG and KISP are still swamped with IFR, KJFK is showing marginal VFR so the show hasn’t started yet.

mazgirl10
2022-05-28, 10:26 AM
A jet just flew over my house in West Babylon couldn’t get out in time to see but must have taken off from Republic?!

RCFLYER86
2022-05-28, 10:29 AM
Looking at ADSB exchange it might be the Growlers.

NYC787
2022-05-28, 10:35 AM
Here's the tentative show schedule for Sat. ... weather permitting!

1008 - 1023 Golden Knights Flag Jump
1023 - 1048 106th Rescue Wing Demo
1048 - 1058 Farmingdale State College Aviation Flyby
1058 - 1108 Civil Air Patrol Flyby
1108 - 1128 F-22 Demo
1128 - 1138 F-22 USAF Heritage Flight
1138 - 1158 American Airpower Warbirds
1158 - 1208 Jessy Panzner
1208 - 1228 F-35C Demo
1228 - 1238 F-35C Navy Legacy Flight
1238 - 1256 Skytypers
1256 - 1308 David Windmiller
1308 - 1343 Golden Knights
1343 - 1355 Mike Goulian
1400 - 1500 Blue Angels

Will this be the show order for tomorrow too?

NYC787
2022-05-28, 10:36 AM
Been hearing jets here in Syosset but can't see anything because of the cloud cover.

puckstopper55
2022-05-28, 10:49 AM
Anyone at the beach? Any updates?

RCFLYER86
2022-05-28, 10:53 AM
Looking at Flightradar24 some helicopters just flew to it, the UH-1 and a bell 407

fieldywanb
2022-05-28, 11:02 AM
Looking at Flightradar24 some helicopters just flew to it, the UH-1 and a bell 407

They appeared to land at the theater parking lot

fieldywanb
2022-05-28, 11:03 AM
Anyone at the beach? Any updates?

Just got here, kind of crowded for not great weather but I think all they've had so far is the coast guard rescue team

imyrless
2022-05-28, 11:41 AM
Any word on F-22 or F-35? Should have been here by now, but not looking good :-(

puckstopper55
2022-05-28, 11:47 AM
Any word on F-22 or F-35? Should have been here by now, but not looking good :-(
I live near isp and haven’t heard anything at all.

fieldywanb
2022-05-28, 11:50 AM

Seems like they are content with bouncing some of the other acts to fit in the jets and stunt planes. The sun is really fighting to get itself out here at the beach but according to the announcer just stated FRG is at 800 feet, but the f35 should be coming soon

dekdawg21
2022-05-28, 11:55 AM

One of them just left

fieldywanb
2022-05-28, 12:17 PM
F35's just did their demo, incredible!

mazgirl10
2022-05-28, 12:39 PM
Anyone know if there’s still open parking at Jones? Thinking about going there now to catch the Blues! Do we know if they’re going?

fieldywanb
2022-05-28, 12:51 PM
Anyone know if there’s still open parking at Jones? Thinking about going there now to catch the Blues! Do we know if they’re going?

They just announced the rest of the show is cancelled due to severe weather expected in 40 minutes...should have bumped the skytypers for the blue angels

mazgirl10
2022-05-28, 02:57 PM
Yeah we scratched going to Jones it was too late, few minutes after getting to Republic it was cancelled. Tomorrow is another day!

Chris S
2022-05-28, 03:11 PM
Looking at ADSB exchange it might be the Growlers.

Yes, the 2 Growlers arrived around 10:20. The first one flew over RWY 14 at about 300-400 ft. before it disappeared back into the clouds
circled around and then landed. The second Growler came straight into RWY 14 and actually landed before the first one.
They'll be on display over at the American Airpower Museum for the weekend and should be departing on Tuesday morning sometime.
Just a reminder, the Growlers will NOT be flying in the air show. It was arranged by one of the Growler pilots who grew up on Long Island.

Chris S
2022-05-28, 03:19 PM
Will this be the show order for tomorrow too?

Not sure, but it will probably be pretty close to what the schedule will be for Sunday especially with the better weather forecast.
I know the weather conditions pretty much messed up most of the scheduled times for today and that the F-35Cs did a Demo,
but the F-22s didn't today, and that the Coast Guard flew but I don't think the 106th flew ??
If I do happen to see another schedule for Sunday I'll post it here.

RCFLYER86
2022-05-28, 03:30 PM
Warbirds did some flying at the museum today and was able to see the F-35s fly just north of Republic on their way back to MacArthur. Also does anyone know what planes will be flying in the heritage and legacy flights?

Billbo1970
2022-05-28, 03:42 PM
Why can't the F-22s & F-35s fly past KFRG on their way back to ISP? It's not like it's out of their way!!

Joe
2022-05-28, 06:56 PM
https://scontent-lga3-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/284863771_5559845574046098_3025443023469808163_n.j pg?stp=dst-jpg_p180x540&_nc_cat=109&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=WBhp3T4BIjYAX_0_kfm&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-2.xx&oh=00_AT_WdsphdOFFlCtpwctSjzP_E7WJ8YjoTS9KiKORIA7V 0Q&oe=62970A42
A collage of the F35 high speed pass from on the bay.

Chris S
2022-05-28, 09:44 PM
Warbirds did some flying at the museum today and was able to see the F-35s fly just north of Republic on their way back to MacArthur. Also does anyone know what planes will be flying in the heritage and legacy flights?
I think Andrew McKenna will be flying his P-51 in the Heritage flight tomorrow with the F-22,
but I haven't heard anything about who's flying the Legacy flight with the F-35Cs??
And I agree, I don't see why the single ship military demo jets can't give FRG a flyby on their way back to ISP.
At least the F-35Cs made an effort to pass just north of FRG today through the broken clouds!

Chris S
2022-05-28, 09:45 PM
https://scontent-lga3-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/284863771_5559845574046098_3025443023469808163_n.j pg?stp=dst-jpg_p180x540&_nc_cat=109&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=WBhp3T4BIjYAX_0_kfm&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-2.xx&oh=00_AT_WdsphdOFFlCtpwctSjzP_E7WJ8YjoTS9KiKORIA7V 0Q&oe=62970A42
A collage of the F35 high speed pass from on the bay.
Nice VAPOR !!!

RCFLYER86
2022-05-28, 10:43 PM
I think Andrew McKenna will be flying his P-51 in the Heritage flight tomorrow with the F-22,
but I haven't heard anything about who's flying the Legacy flight with the F-35Cs??
And I agree, I don't see why the single ship military demo jets can't give FRG a flyby on their way back to ISP.
At least the F-35Cs made an effort to pass just north of FRG today through the broken clouds!

I saw a Corsair fly into KFRG at about 6pm on Flightradar24 so maybe that will be used for the legacy flight. N46FG for those curious.

Billbo1970
2022-05-29, 08:29 AM
As expected, it's a beautiful day at Jones!

puckstopper55
2022-05-29, 09:16 AM
As expected, it's a beautiful day at Jones!
Sure is! Some clouds are rolling in but they seem to be high. Anyone know the ceiling??

Billbo1970
2022-05-29, 10:32 AM
Anyone know what time the Jets from ISP are supposed to be on the beach?

puckstopper55
2022-05-29, 11:47 AM
F-35s wrapping up. Guess the schedule changed a bit

dekdawg21
2022-05-29, 12:11 PM
F-35s wrapping up. Guess the schedule changed a bit

Didn't even hear them take off/land

Fighting Falcon
2022-05-29, 01:36 PM
Are we expecting the Blue Angels to land from north to south (towards the southern state) at KFRG?

bgny61
2022-05-29, 04:12 PM
Does anyone know when the F22 and F35's will be leaving Islip? And when the Blue Angels and Growlers are leaving Farmingdale?

Chris S
2022-05-29, 04:23 PM
Does anyone know when the F22 and F35's will be leaving Islip? And when the Blue Angels and Growlers are leaving Farmingdale?

Talked to the F-22 Demo team who were selling swag down at the beach and they're departing ISP some time on Tues. morning,
and I also spoke to the F-35C Demo guys and they didn't know yet if they were leaving on Mon. or Tues. morning, cause they said
it all depends on what bases can accommodate them for their 2 fueling stops back to CA and when with Monday being a holiday.

Blue Angels are scheduled to depart Monday morning around 9AM I believe, and the 2 Growlers will be leaving sometime on Tues. morning.

fieldywanb
2022-05-29, 04:36 PM
The weather might not have cooperated for 2 days but I just want to say thank you to the members of this forum who put the important information out there so concisely. Thank you everyone for a great weekend. Look forward to seeing all your beautiful pictures from the weekend.

bgny61
2022-05-29, 04:42 PM

Thanks Chris appreciate it

RepublicAviation
2022-05-29, 06:20 PM
Show was great today. Thanks again to the members of this forum for another great year. Really appreciate the info that helps us all enjoy the show just a little bit more than normal. See ya next year!

RCFLYER86
2022-05-29, 09:35 PM
Awesome show today, F-35s we’re awesome as were the Blues and everyone else! Looking on YouTube it appears that this was the last performance of the skytypers at Jones Beach as they apparently are disbanding after one more show next month. Is anyone able to confirm that this was their last show?

mazgirl10
2022-05-30, 09:16 AM
Thanks to everyone in this forum I stayed in the know all weekend and a BIG thank you to Chris S for posting the 9am departure time! After a late party night, we rolled out of bed and flew up to Republic just in time to watch the BA’s leave Long Island…it was spectacular!!!

Chris S
2022-05-30, 05:03 PM
Thanks to everyone in this forum I stayed in the know all weekend and a BIG thank you to Chris S for posting the 9am departure time! After a late party night, we rolled out of bed and flew up to Republic just in time to watch the BA’s leave Long Island…it was spectacular!!!

You're welcome! Glad you caught the Blues takeoff just before 9AM today and Fat Albert's takeoff shortly after.

BTW, talked to the Growler pilots today at the AAM and they said they'll be taking off from FRG at 7:30AM on Tuesday morning. They will actually be heading out east to ISP to fuel up there first,
before they finally depart ISP between 8:30- 9:00AM if all goes well, and then head back out west to their homebase at NAS Whidbey Island in WA.
I'm not sure if the F-35C Demo team took off from ISP today or not, but the F-22 Demo team should be departing ISP sometime on Tues. morning also, but haven't heard any actual time.

bgny61
2022-05-30, 08:59 PM
You're welcome! Glad you caught the Blues takeoff just before 9AM today and Fat Albert's takeoff shortly after.

BTW, talked to the Growler pilots today at the AAM and they said they'll be taking off from FRG at 7:30AM on Tuesday morning. They will actually be heading out east to ISP to fuel up there first,
before they finally depart ISP between 8:30- 9:00AM if all goes well, and then head back out west to their homebase at NAS Whidbey Island in WA.
I'm not sure if the F-35C Demo team took off from ISP today or not, but the F-22 Demo team should be departing ISP sometime on Tues. morning also, but haven't heard any actual time.

Wow Thanks again for the info Chris.

bgny61
2022-05-31, 11:11 AM
Never saw the Growlers this morning not sure if their plans changed, but the F-35's took off around 8:30am and the F22's around 9am from Islip. Thanks again for the info Chris

mazgirl10
2022-05-31, 11:11 AM
I only heard them in West Babylon around 8:35 prob heading West… they were loud!

Chris S
2022-05-31, 11:28 AM
Yeah, the Growlers were running late cause first they did like a 30 minute interview with Danielle Campbell of News 12
and then when they were checking the jet out they needed a wet/vac to clean something from the jet exhaust area.
And yes, they finally took off at 8:35 on RWY 14.

Chris S
2022-05-31, 12:02 PM
Never saw the Growlers this morning not sure if their plans changed, but the F-35's took off around 8:30am and the F22's around 9am from Islip. Thanks again for the info Chris

Growlers, and Lightnings and Raptors , OH MY !!!! Sounds like ISP was the place to be this morning between 8:30 - 10:30AM !!
First the F-35Cs taking off, then the Growlers landing, and then the Raptors taking off and a lil later the Growlers taking off from ISP too!
BTW, did the F-35Cs and F-22s, EA-18s all use RWY 24 ? Hope someone was lucky enough to get pics of all of them taking off today!

Chris S
2022-05-31, 02:41 PM
Can anyone confirm the Growlers actually landed at ISP, cause I'm hearing they may have had a change of plans
on where they actually went for fuel after they departed FRG this morning??

BTW, News 12 showed the Growlers takeoffs from FRG from earlier this morning on their afternoon show,
but they didn't show any coverage of the interviews she did with the pilots yet.

Chris S
2022-05-31, 05:57 PM
FYI- Short interview with the Growler pilot from Long Island and video of the departures this morning was just on the 5PM edition on News 12.

bgny61
2022-05-31, 07:13 PM
Can anyone confirm the Growlers actually landed at ISP, cause I'm hearing they may have had a change of plans

BTW, News 12 showed the Growlers takeoffs from FRG from earlier this morning on their afternoon show,
but they didn't show any coverage of the interviews she did with the pilots yet.

I was out at ISP this morning. never saw the Growlers. I have pics but dont seem to be able to post them here.

dekdawg21
2022-05-31, 09:58 PM

Seems odd that they would take off from Republic and refuel at Islip

Chris S
2022-06-02, 06:55 AM
Seems odd that they would take off from Republic and refuel at Islip

Yeah, it was odd how they explained it, but since they weren't part of the actual Air Show where the fuel was provided,
it sounded like the Government has a better deal for fuel out at ISP, so who knows where they actually got their fuel from??

BTW, after the Blue Angels departed FRG on Tuesday, they did a flyover of the Hudson River in NYC, before heading home to Pensacola.
Here's a short video I found of it :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AU0FqooQ2jE

Chris S
2022-06-02, 07:13 AM
Below is a short video News 12 posted of the Growlers departing FRG on Tuesday.
BTW, if you have any good shots of the Growlers arriving or departing from this year,
or last year, post them on the thread here. If you're having trouble posting pics here,
send me a PM, and I'll get you in contact with one of the pilots who's looking forward
to seeing the shots, especially the arrival shots from last year with the low approaches.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dooyTWEA__A

Joe
2022-06-02, 02:47 PM
BTW, if you have any good shots of the Growlers arriving or departing from this year,
or last year, post them on the thread here, and I'll get you in contact with one of the pilots who's looking forward
to seeing the shots, especially the arrival shots from last year with the low approaches.
https://scontent-lga3-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/285375179_5573115516052437_4674868935962969644_n.j pg?_nc_cat=108&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=iGviffOQmuwAX-MFw4x&tn=vrHlTA6kbURwalnw&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-2.xx&oh=00_AT9TNZxEClfojcZdb1Jy5h2XKyoEGcY_57m2mGWk-l0pmQ&oe=629DD553
https://scontent-lga3-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/285474813_5573115466052442_7735116400547473177_n.j pg?_nc_cat=107&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=c43HZtPij-oAX-VwlWv&tn=vrHlTA6kbURwalnw&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-2.xx&oh=00_AT_hvqYB0tU358XYBqGV7CSe58eUmzn6rj56lFDFt8J4 MA&oe=629E4C1F

And from last years arrival:
https://scontent-lga3-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.6435-9/194757104_4359088950788439_5415228177891913904_n.j pg?_nc_cat=111&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=x2sDNky33EUAX_lugGb&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-2.xx&oh=00_AT_Avy7OOXOMU74L7GYgJNmqmb_Jos6rB6i5jEFPwBpV 9g&oe=62BF2063https://scontent-lga3-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.6435-9/193582974_4359088867455114_3785182143451053302_n.j pg?_nc_cat=109&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=g3SgMOkmPnoAX_XtETS&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-2.xx&oh=00_AT8RWsaQuMNG3ssoDjsAlHqTxATPz5ytQU6UD-wKxgqLWA&oe=62BCFBB9https://scontent-lga3-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.6435-9/193546643_4359089004121767_7201397092722061847_n.j pg?_nc_cat=102&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=XNTRnajscIkAX8duJYs&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-2.xx&oh=00_AT8giW2Pq4JAdc6rY1EJz4_B9hq0LnQ7V9_zs0XFj87L Mw&oe=62BE1808

MarkLawrence
2022-06-03, 06:17 AM
Great shots Joe!!

Joe
2022-06-03, 07:42 AM
Great shots Joe!!

Thank you.

Chris S
2022-06-03, 07:48 AM
Indeed, great shots, Joe !!

I just noticed from your pics that they brought #553 & #554 last year and $551 & #552 this year to FRG.