PDA

View Full Version : 30 Years Ago Today

Speedbird1
2015-07-13, 11:32 AM
On this date thirty years ago, Phil Collins performed live on stage at Wembley Stadium in London and at JFK Stadium, both on the same day thanks to a Concorde flying westbound. I doubt if that was ever accomplished since. I wonder if it were a chartered Concorde for the Live Aid Concert. I recall watching both segments live on TV thirty years ago today. How time flies and yet no supersonic travel on the horizon.

NIKV69
2015-07-13, 07:55 PM
CROCODILE ROCK!

Gerard
2015-07-13, 08:50 PM
On this date thirty years ago, Phil Collins performed live on stage at Wembley Stadium in London and at JFK Stadium, both on the same day thanks to a Concorde flying westbound. I doubt if that was ever accomplished since. I wonder if it were a chartered Concorde for the Live Aid Concert. I recall watching both segments live on TV thirty years ago today. How time flies and yet no supersonic travel on the horizon.

Pretty cool!! Just read that Collins was flown by helicopter from Wembley to Heathrow to catch the Concorde then when he landed in the US, another helicopter to JFK Stadium. But did the Concorde land in Philly or NY?