PDA

View Full Version : Newbie question

PhoenixOne
2015-06-27, 11:23 AM
1) I live along Republic's 14 approach and from time to time, I see quite a few planes that have "STATE" along with a number on the underside of the wing. Are those NYS planes that ferry politicians/State Police around?
2) I noticed most days the air traffic is minimal but there are times there's tons of planes in the area. Are there designated days allowed for recreational/training flights?

Thanks!

Gerard
2015-06-27, 12:24 PM
1) I live along Republic's 14 approach and from time to time, I see quite a few planes that have "STATE" along with a number on the underside of the wing. Are those NYS planes that ferry politicians/State Police around?
2) I noticed most days the air traffic is minimal but there are times there's tons of planes in the area. Are there designated days allowed for recreational/training flights?
Thanks!

The STATE planes are Farmingdale State College planes!! Their Aviation Center is at Republic along Rt 110 and I think I read they own like 22 aircraft!! The NYState Police Aviation Unit are the primary transport for the governor and other state politicians!! They have a fleet of 13 helicopters and 6 Fixed wings (last I saw).
No designated days but more likely to see more planes on the weekend especially recreational with people not working and heading to the wild blue yonder.

PhoenixOne
2015-06-27, 03:08 PM
Thanks Gerard!!! :wink:

Gerard
2015-06-27, 04:46 PM
Thanks Gerard!!! :wink:

You're welcome!! I'm to the east of the 14s which were in use today!!

Zee71
2015-06-28, 09:33 PM
Welcome to the forum PhoenixOne!

NIKV69
2015-06-29, 10:42 AM
Those planes usually contain Jakub too. LOL