PDA

View Full Version : Parking restrictions Ditmars Blvd

markg
2015-06-07, 06:44 AM
Does anyone know of any parking restrictions on Ditmars Blvd?

Returned from a day on LI at 6pm last night to a parking ticket, stating that there is no standing all days/hours due to temporary construction.

Couldn't see any signs anywhere and documented it with photographs ready for an appeal!

According to the ticket I was parked on the north side of Ditmars 10 feet from the intersection with 86th St.

If it's a bogus ticket, I may just get a lawyer to fight it. If it's genuine then I'll just appeal myself.

Mark

Mateo
2015-06-10, 11:34 PM
Sorry Mark, but the fence line on the Grand Central Parkway side does indeed have No Parking Anytime signs with the little orange Temporary Construction Regulation flag underneath (I was there on the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend).

That blockface typically has no parking-related signs (which means no restrictions), so it doesn't come up in the City's STATUS tool to search parking regulations (though any signage that exists on the street will trump whatever STATUS says). Weirdly, I can't even find the NYCDOT street construction permit, which is what you typically need if you want to put up any sort of temporary reg on the curb face.

markg
2015-06-19, 07:21 AM
Sorry Mark, but the fence line on the Grand Central Parkway side does indeed have No Parking Anytime signs with the little orange Temporary Construction Regulation flag underneath (I was there on the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend).

That blockface typically has no parking-related signs (which means no restrictions), so it doesn't come up in the City's STATUS tool to search parking regulations (though any signage that exists on the street will trump whatever STATUS says). Weirdly, I can't even find the NYCDOT street construction permit, which is what you typically need if you want to put up any sort of temporary reg on the curb face.

Where Matthew? There were none anywhere near my car? Is it worth getting a lawyer to investigate it and challenge if it's legal?