PDA

View Full Version : Memorial Day Hornets

Gerard
2015-05-24, 10:00 PM
So there will be 2 Super Hornets in the NYC area tomorrow!!
2 F-18s will be part of the Memorial Day Ceremonies at the Intrepid!! Warbirds from the AAM also involved!! I believe they go up after 11AM
Then around 1PM the Hornets will do a Fly Over at Citi Field during the beginning of the Met game!!
Wonder if these jets are here already or flying out of Virginia in the morning!!
Anyway, Watch The Skies!!

Gerard
2015-05-25, 06:57 PM
Saw a video clip and there were actually 4 Hornets for the Intrepid Fly Over.
Anyone for Citi Field? Gotta be a Met fan in here somewhere!! :eek::rolleyes:

ch2tdriver
2015-05-26, 06:26 PM
Lifelong METS fan right here!!! And with next generation Mets fan in tow! We were at Citi Field for the game and had a great day. The activity started just after 12:30pm with the US Army Black Knights parachuting right into the stadium. That was cool. First time I've seen that. The F-18's became visible during the Anthem to the NE. They were a bit early as they flew over as the last notes were still being sung. No burner and not very loud. Funny thing was the MD-80's from LGA which continue to fly over were louder! LOL! On the screen later on there was some air to air video which was neat. They also saluted the flight crews who by that time were at the game. I saw some Felix patches on two of the crews! They appeared to be from different squadrons and they flashed the STRIKEFITRON 37 patch on the screen. I'll post some video from my phone later.

Chris S
2015-05-26, 09:03 PM
If they had Felix patches they were from VFA-31 "Tomcatters" and VFA-37 are the " Ragin Bulls".
The Tomcatters fly the F/A-18E Super Hornet and the Ragin Bulls fly the F/A-18C Hornet.

BTW, found this video of the West Point Black Knights parachuting into Citi Field and they did a great job !:cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipUi4RmiPEk

Gerard
2015-05-26, 09:31 PM
Yeah saw that video!! They jumped out of a UH-72 Lakota

Gerard
2015-05-28, 06:28 AM
Lifelong METS fan right here!!! And with next generation Mets fan in tow! We were at Citi Field for the game and had a great day. The activity started just after 12:30pm with the US Army Black Knights parachuting right into the stadium. That was cool. First time I've seen that. The F-18's became visible during the Anthem to the NE. They were a bit early as they flew over as the last notes were still being sung. No burner and not very loud. Funny thing was the MD-80's from LGA which continue to fly over were louder! LOL! On the screen later on there was some air to air video which was neat. They also saluted the flight crews who by that time were at the game. I saw some Felix patches on two of the crews! They appeared to be from different squadrons and they flashed the STRIKEFITRON 37 patch on the screen. I'll post some video from my phone later.

Thanks for the post!!!