PDA

View Full Version : Hi from the UK

davegu
2015-02-15, 10:38 AM
Hi Everybody

I came across this site by accident through a link on Facebook and was very impressed with the content that I decided to join.

I am a retired IT Support Manager who has had an interest in aircraft since the world was in black and white and the bow and arrow was still on the secrets list. :tongue:

My main passion is for military aircraft, but I also follow the happenings in the civilian world too.

Due to health issues, I cannot get out and about as often as I used to or would like. To help fill in the void I took up 'Virtual Radar' spotting about 6 months ago.
I run a Kinetic Puck receiver with an antenna in the loft and manage to pick up a/c from all over England (those that transmit ADSB). I am also a member of PlanePlotter.com and therefore with the help of Multilateration am also able to track quite a number of military aircraft that are around.

I have also built my own website, with help from friends and a lot of headaches. This site at www.donnyradar.co.uk shows all the aircraft that I am tracking in realtime, so please pop along and have a look, your comments would be gratefully received

Regards
Dave

Zee71
2015-02-15, 11:25 AM
Dave,

Welcome aboard! Nice info on your website.

PhilDernerJr
2015-02-16, 08:34 AM
Welcome Dave!!! Glad to have you!

megatop412
2015-02-17, 09:24 AM
Hi
Dave and welcome, that's a neat radar site you have there! Love the live military page

davegu
2015-02-17, 09:37 AM
Thank you!!