PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Passur Again!

Speedbird1
2014-08-22, 06:02 AM
Here is a new problem with Passur. When I monitor recent days at JFK, I get the aircraft shown but when I click, I only see Aircraft Type and Altitude; the rest is starred-out. Is the fault with my PC or with Passur? Please try and advise. Thanks. I saw 2 aircraft on 8-20 approaching JFK and I can.t identify them.

PhilDernerJr
2014-08-25, 07:48 AM
Passur Airport Monitor is just not very reliable.

Landing Lights
2014-08-25, 08:15 AM
You might have better luck with Webtrak (http://webtrak.bksv.com/panynj). Its a tool provided by PANYNJ, ostensibly for monitoring noise levels near the airports among other things. Planes are color coded by airport and it has some pretty nice playback features. the only downside is that the data is on a delay of about 20 minutes.

Speedbird1
2014-08-25, 09:05 AM
Thanks Ben and Phil. I'll try Webtrak. Anxiously awaiting next week when Open House NY announces if the TWA Flight Center will again re-open to the public. Last I heard, this will be its final year. I will post if I hear anything. Webtrak is great; superior to Passur as Passur requires user to press on aircraft while with Webtrak only put cursor over aircraft. Only thing I can't find is fast motion (2X, 5X, etc). Passur also has 10 minute time-delay.

Landing Lights
2014-08-25, 01:06 PM
Only thing I can't find is fast motion (2X, 5X, etc).

At the bottom left corner of the map window are 3 icons: (i), (>>), and (>) or (||). If you click on (>>), a box will pop open that allows you to choose the playback speed. It is only available in historical mode, of course.

Speedbagel_001
2014-08-25, 01:20 PM
I haven't gotten Passur to work at all of late. My computer says that due to security reasons it has blocked the Java applet from running. I've gone to the settings to try and override this, but to no avail. I'm checking out Webtrak now. Looks good. Thanks for that tip.

Speedbird1
2014-08-26, 09:25 AM
I still get the Passur applets but the only info given is flight altitude and type, no Flight ID or destination. Those are blocked even in historical mode. I guess they want those of us using for free to waste our time! I have e-mailed Passur to complain but got no response.

Jared Blech
2014-08-26, 07:33 PM
Why not just try flight radar 24 or plane finder may I ask? I left passur many many years ago.

yankees368
2014-08-27, 09:06 AM
Why not just try flight radar 24 or plane finder may I ask? I left passur many many years ago.

Passur sometimes catches planes that FR24 doesn't, be it because it was a blocked flight or without ADS-B.