PDA

View Full Version : A few V-22, VH-3 shots JFK

SengaB
2014-03-11, 07:41 PM
Did not get a V-22 flying yet so I seized the opportunity. of course the clouds move in JUST in time for the trek from JFK to downtown. Every time. Can't win for losing.

The first shot pleases me greatly I just wish I had the sun note AF1 in background.
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2804/13093559153_3b63a4c62d_c.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7351/13093727984_bdf108dff1_c.jpg

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3011/13093431555_c8fc032f3d_c.jpg

Senga

Gintaras B.
2014-03-11, 08:36 PM
3rd photo - great photo...

Chris S
2014-03-11, 08:50 PM
Nice shots Senga, especially the first one with AF1 in the background also :cool:
Just curious, did the NYPD check in with you over at Howard Beach today?

lijk604
2014-03-11, 09:03 PM
Nice work Senga...really like the first shot.

727C47
2014-03-11, 10:19 PM
Senga,per usual you rock !!!

mirrodie
2014-03-11, 10:52 PM
senga, awesome composition!

moose135
2014-03-11, 11:40 PM
Excellent, Senga! That first shot is fantastic!

SengaB
2014-03-11, 11:46 PM
Thanks all. That Olive Drab really does not radiate much. Such a nice green when the light hits it. But I guess that's whats its supposed to do. Was hoping to get some light like Mark got.

Chris S.
We did not receive visit from any type of Police or Security Services. Two officers showed up a little before Obama arrived just to keep an eye on the park. I walked over to them to ask if either of them had jumper cables as I forgot to put mine at home. My battery died since I left my lights on. The NYPD officer saw my car when I walked back and came over to see it (Car Lover) and fell in love with it and spent the rest of the afternoon chatting with me/us about it and a host of topics.

enga

Zee71
2014-03-12, 05:38 AM
Dig that first shot with AF1 .... Well done as always!

Gerard
2014-03-12, 06:31 PM
Love the Flight of Three Ospreys shot!!!

SengaB
2014-03-12, 09:04 PM

Looking for some of my older VIP Marine Ops into JFK.

Gerard. Yea that woudl have been a very nice shot just with I had the sun on it.. siigh

Senga

Gintaras B.
2014-03-12, 09:41 PM
Thanks all. That Olive Drab really does not radiate much. Such a nice green when the light hits it. But I guess that's whats its supposed to do. Was hoping to get some light like Mark got.

Chris S.
We did not receive visit from any type of Police or Security Services. Two officers showed up a little before Obama arrived just to keep an eye on the park. I walked over to them to ask if either of them had jumper cables as I forgot to put mine at home. My battery died since I left my lights on. The NYPD officer saw my car when I walked back and came over to see it (Car Lover) and fell in love with it and spent the rest of the afternoon chatting with me/us about it and a host of topics.

enga

Nice story about law enforcement officers...sounds similar to my experiences @ Costco's parking lot...

Gerard
2014-03-12, 10:02 PM
Gerard. Yea that woudl have been a very nice shot just with I had the sun on it.. siigh

Screw the damn sun!! Still looks awesome!! LOL!!
Now that I know they are using the Ospreys with more regularity I need to get down to Wall Street next time!!
The last couple of years during Fleet week they brought in the V-22 to Eisenhower Park on LI and i not only got to see them up close and personal (knocked some kids out of the way to get a walk through, :rolleyes:) they did a fast flyby in airplane mode when they left!! THAT was cool!!

captmjk16
2014-03-13, 12:00 AM
Definitely a fan of that first shot Senga, nice set!

Chris S
2014-03-13, 12:35 AM
Chris S.

enga

Thanks for the info. Glad to hear your car was a big hit with officer and that he was able to help you out with it also ! :wink:

SengaB
2014-03-13, 01:12 PM
Chris S. Actually no neither officer had cables.......but... 6 people 3 just regular park visitors were asking what seemed 20+ people for battery cables and NOT A SINGLE one had them (including myself) In fact one old guy said.. "Oh go ask Jimmy over there! "Hes a good buddy if mine! He usually has a pair stashed in the Bushes!" ..... Jimmy?......The BUSHES??...why are there battery cables in the Bushes! The guy checked himself and they were not there....just my luck. AAA showed up just as I was leaving.

Senga