PDA

View Full Version : Pan Am Culture

Simpilot17
2014-03-07, 05:57 PM
Sorry if this is in the wrong forum.
Okay, from an enthusiasts point of view. If you could describe the culture of pan am (one of the most influential airlines) in a few words what would they be? If you could turn Pan Am into a modern way of life what would it be? This is a creative thing. I run a blog and this is going to be one of the posts and I wanted some other peoples opinion. Sorry again if this is in the wrong forum :smile:

My words to describe PAA
Service, Friendliness

megatop412
2014-03-07, 07:36 PM
Intrepid, iconic, diversified

Zee71
2014-03-07, 10:27 PM
Worldly renowned

727C47
2014-03-08, 08:12 AM
the blue ball was the closest thing we had to a national flag carrier ala BA,LH, or AF, they pioneered the Pacific, and the Atlantic, the 707,and the 747, when I was a kid my cousin was a maintenance chief for them on the 707,747,and finally the L1011, their passing was mourned by many , when they pried the logo off the Pan Am building in midtown that was the final blow. Culture? Imperial !!!

Simpilot17
2014-03-08, 09:27 AM
From what everyone said so far Pan Am was: Intrepid, Imperial, Friendly, Iconic

Being Intrepid and Friendly isn't a bad way to live your life.
This is all hypothetical I would want to live my life to the culture of a company that when it went down it went down fast.

Idlewild
2014-03-08, 11:49 AM
Externally ground breaking in terms of destinations and being the first (in most cases) of introducing new technology. Really awful in customer service. The Pan Am Worldport was a mess. Food served on the airline didn't measure up to dog food. And from what I understand from United pilots (going back twenty years) were practically rebuilt when UA purchased their SPs. Tower Air, of course, probably didn't need to.