PDA

View Full Version : JFK New Perimeter Fence Affects Spotting from Bayswater

Aviation.High.Guy
2013-10-25, 06:07 PM
While processing some recent Bayswater shots, I noticed something that wasn't there before. The PA erected a high security fence around the 4L extension. It will only impact your taxiing aircraft shots. You'll notice the wheels obstructed and lower part of engines affected as well. I've posted before and after pics for reference.

I guess we can thank that wind surfer dude that breached security from the bay and walked across a RWY last year. :frown:

http://oi42.tinypic.com/209symu.jpg

Zee71
2013-10-25, 07:10 PM
Don....I believe that fence was there before, but thanks to Sandy it must have got ruined. So, I think if finally got replaced.

Here is a photo from March 2010 which clearly shows the fencing.
http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com/Aviation/Airplanes-and-Spotting/Kennedy-JFK/i-R9F54Mt/0/L/Avianca_and_Mexicana_01_JFK_27Mar2010-L.jpg

gonzalu
2013-10-25, 08:06 PM
Yup, it was destroyed by Sandy :(

Anyway, JP will not mind the fence cutting your wheels but A.net will... if you care about such things..

megatop412
2013-10-25, 09:39 PM
Don you really need to watch your thread names, I about had a little heart attack until I saw what it was about(I expected to be hearing about some insane new fence that just went up that totally ruined things):tongue:

Aviation.High.Guy
2013-10-25, 10:24 PM

Anyway, JP will not mind the fence cutting your wheels but A.net will... if you care about such things..

Well, lucky us for the last year. Probably the only good result from Sandy that I've ever heard of. :wink:

Aviation.High.Guy
2013-10-25, 10:27 PM
Don you really need to watch your thread names, I about had a little heart attack until I saw what it was about(I expected to be hearing about some insane new fence that just went up that totally ruined things):tongue:

Sorry- what was I thinking? :wink: Thank god it aint that bad.

PhilDernerJr
2013-10-26, 08:14 AM

Sadly, this is very relevant and useful info. Thanks Manny.