PDA

View Full Version : 787 to EWR?

sbutk
2013-06-11, 10:37 PM
I've heard that UAL will begin using Newark Airport as one destination for Dreamliner service.

Does anyone know when that is scheduled to begin? And what the airport(s) of origin might be?

I live right under the approach to EWR in northern NJ and would absolutely love to know when to look up and capture one of these brand new birds on film.

Thanks!

Jared Blech
2013-06-11, 10:52 PM
i believe they already started...

heeshung
2013-06-11, 11:17 PM
I believe they had that going before the Dreamliner was grounded, from IAH.

Aviation.High.Guy
2013-06-11, 11:46 PM
Yes the are already going into Newark

Cary
2013-06-12, 10:14 AM
They aren't flying the 787 to EWR as of now. It stopped after the grounding, except for one roundtrip from IAH last month.

Mateo
2013-06-12, 01:27 PM
The 787 was being used into Newark during the initial checkout and crew familiarization stage, but there are no flights currently on the schedule. There are no 787 routes planned for Newark in the near future.

sbutk
2013-06-12, 09:26 PM
The 787 was being used into Newark during the initial checkout and crew familiarization stage, but there are no flights currently on the schedule. There are no 787 routes planned for Newark in the near future.

Well pardon my French, but that sucks.

...To anybody in general, in the event that service ever does resume into Newark - what's the best way, for instance, to search all flights into a particular airport during the day, and filter the results either by airline or by aircraft type? (Will any site allow me to do this? ...i.e. I'd like to find out what flight # that hypothetical Dreamliner into Newark would be, if it ever were to happen.) Thanks!

And Mateo, I see you must be a fellow Rutgers alum (or current student). Nice!

Aviation.High.Guy
2013-06-12, 11:11 PM
Looking forward to that 787

Cary
2013-06-13, 01:18 AM
Well pardon my French, but that sucks.

...To anybody in general, in the event that service ever does resume into Newark - what's the best way, for instance, to search all flights into a particular airport during the day, and filter the results either by airline or by aircraft type? (Will any site allow me to do this? ...i.e. I'd like to find out what flight # that hypothetical Dreamliner into Newark would be, if it ever were to happen.) Thanks!

And Mateo, I see you must be a fellow Rutgers alum (or current student). Nice!

1. Go to Flightaware, create an account if you don't have one already
2. Set up an alert for a 787 into whichever airport you want
3. ????
4. PROFIT!!!

sbutk
2013-06-13, 12:36 PM
1. Go to Flightaware, create an account if you don't have one already
2. Set up an alert for a 787 into whichever airport you want
3. ????
4. PROFIT!!!

I've been to the site dozens of times but never created a profile. I will try that. Thanks! :cool: