PDA

View Full Version : Color Changes When Uploading To A.net

sdspinelli2
2013-04-30, 06:08 PM
I took in all the advice you guys gave me and I am going to start uploading them to Airliners.net, but when I do the colors go completely off to a purpleish tint. Does anybody know what is causing this? Here's an example - http://www.airliners.net/addphotos/big/ready/z1367357653.749vira330gvwaga.net.jpg

Cary
2013-04-30, 06:30 PM
I took in all the advice you guys gave me and I am going to start uploading them to Airliners.net, but when I do the colors go completely off to a purpleish tint. Does anybody know what is causing this? Here's an example - http://www.airliners.net/addphotos/big/ready/z1367357653.749vira330gvwaga.net.jpg

What color profile is the JPG that you're uploading? It should be converted to sRGB before you upload. Also, you should cut down the whitespace on the right side of the photo, so the aircraft is more centered.

sdspinelli2
2013-04-30, 06:52 PM
What color profile is the JPG that you're uploading? It should be converted to sRGB before you upload. Also, you should cut down the whitespace on the right side of the photo, so the aircraft is more centered.

Thank's for your help!

Jared Blech
2013-04-30, 11:12 PM
steven, again, had the same problem when i first started uploading....I thought there was some kind of special power to get the actual color of the photo on a.net!
If I had read the A.net editing guide more carefully, it says to put into SRGB first, better for the internet... Don't forget to change 8 Bit before you save (Image, Mode, 8 Bit). Remeber it took me 15 trys before i got one accepted, keep working at it, you will get the hang of it!

wunaladreamin
2013-04-30, 11:28 PM
Why not just shoot in srbg and cut one step out of the edit???

Jared Blech
2013-05-01, 12:02 AM
because you have a greater flexibility in post, ik you like to shoot in jpeg but others here need more flexibility in post because of their experience in photography

gonzalu
2013-05-01, 08:43 AM
Don't forget to change 8 Bit before you save (Image, Mode, 8 Bit).

In Photoshop, no need to do so. The only thing that moving to 8 bit before saving does, is allow PS to predict the size of the file it is saving. Otherwise, it will properly convert to 8 bit on save, as JPG does not allow for more than 8 bits per pixel :wink:

A real advantage of converting to 8bit is that you get to see what colors will get chopped from the image before you save. You can go back and forth very quickly between 8/16 bit so as to spot any colors that will be out of gamut.

Jared Blech
2013-05-01, 09:09 AM
The man above me is a legend^^
Listen to every word he says. :P