PDA

View Full Version : Broad Channel Closed

Idlewild
2013-04-12, 08:43 PM
I decided to drive to th Broad Channel parking lot by the bridge and both sides were closed. Which is a shame because I saw a Dreamlifter along with what looked like a gray DC-10 in military grey with it's side cargo door open, as well as a flotilla of jumbos. Does anyone know if they'll open soon? Is the closure the result of Sandy? And why is the Dreamlifter at JFK? Is it for rent like the An-22, or, is it ferrying B-787 parts?

yankees368
2013-04-12, 09:50 PM
Yea, those parking lots are still closed due to Sandy "damage." No time frame for a reopening, either. It stinks.
The Dreamlifter stops at JFK on its way to either pick up or drop off Dreamliner parts.
As for the DC-10??

Zee71
2013-04-12, 10:47 PM
Yes ..... No time frame of when those parking areas will open up again. Doesn't appear to be a sense of urgency either. The Dreamlifter seems to be a steady visitor these days but usual arrivals past midnight and departs in the wee hours of the morning when most of us are sleeping. There are times that you may be fortunate enough to catch it arriving or departing. To shoot at Hobe, you can always park before you cross over the bridge and walk over to get your shots. Once the weather warms up I think that is what most will be doing including the fishermen.

Jared Blech
2013-04-12, 10:50 PM
does anybody have a chainsaw??

Zee71
2013-04-12, 11:32 PM
If you got a chainsaw..............cut those trees at the mounds while you're at it!

Delta777LR
2013-04-13, 03:12 AM
If you got a chainsaw..............cut those trees at the mounds while you're at it!

Amen to that!