PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Oceana Air Show Cancelled

fk6065
2013-04-09, 04:02 PM
The Navy officially cancelled the entire 2013 Oceana Air Show today. https://www.facebook.com/OceanaAirShow

wunaladreamin
2013-04-09, 04:24 PM
Just saw the Blues cancelled their entire season as well.

Landing Lights
2013-04-10, 07:33 AM
Looking at the calendar of airshows for this summer, it's a bloodbath. So many cancellations above and beyond the ones on military bases right now. I would guess that the next week will see many more shows cancel as those who were waiting on official word from the Blues and the 'Bolts finally pull the plug. Its sad, really.

I had originally planned on heading up to Wings Over VT, until that was cancelled very early on post-sequestration. Binghamton cancelled (yet again) this week.They haven't had an airshow in several years, and are of course blaming sequestration. Now it looks like the only major airshow left in New England is the Rhode Island National Guard Air Show which is actually a charity event, but who knows if it will go on at this point. I would guess that they will need to make a decision soon.

lijk604
2013-04-10, 08:43 AM
RI is going to make a decision soon. Word is, a military installation cannot hold an air show with just civilian acts. With everything being grounded, I don't see how RI will be able to pull it off.

Landing Lights
2013-04-10, 10:07 AM
I'm holding on to every bit of hope for this one, John.

Landing Lights
2013-04-12, 12:56 PM
As of yesterday afternoon, Rhode Island has officially been cancelled.