PDA

View Full Version : 2 days in Florida

lijk604
2013-02-19, 06:07 PM
Ok guys, I'm reaching out to the experts here.
I've got 2 days in March that I will be in south Florida (in/out of West Palm)
Arriving on a Thursday around noon, departing Saturday morning.
There is so much spotting I want to do (MIA, OPF, PBI, FLL) but limited time.
If this was your schedule what would your suggestions be?

Thanks guys!

MarkLawrence
2013-02-19, 09:01 PM
Honestly - FLL and MIA - with an hour or so at OPF - OPF is quick to shoot - everything is static. Everything at PBI you can get at FLL - and - then of course MIA is a gem on it's own for a day for sure - that would be my recommendation.

Given that - Thursday afternoon at FLL - Friday early morning at OPF with the rest of the day at MIA.

threeholerglory
2013-02-20, 05:14 PM
what Mark said.

Just_Lucas
2013-02-20, 06:23 PM
Pretty much what mark said Pbi Is good because of the roof there and you get the Pilots And stuff when they come in for unloading But if you want A lot of traffic International Planes Jets ect then go to Mia Although Pbi is kind of busy this time of year.

gonzalu
2013-02-20, 07:03 PM
For OPF, make sure you have a car/truck with a STRONG roof (or well supported) and you can pull your car right up to the fence and shoot from the roof of your car. I even got a friendly hello from the security patrol as they drove by... what a GREAT place to spot... in some areas of the field, you can shoot over the fence WITHOUT a ladder or a car. The fence is that low...

I would also join the MIA Spotters Facebook Page and introduce yourself. It will be well worth it when you meet up with one of the great locals other than our own Mark L :-)

threeholerglory
2013-02-21, 03:07 PM
if anyone is spotting PBI tomorrow I'll be flying the Citation in around noon or so!

lijk604
2013-02-21, 03:40 PM
Thanks Manny, appreciate the advice. I will be sans ladder.

For OPF, make sure you have a car/truck with a STRONG roof (or well supported) and you can pull your car right up to the fence and shoot from the roof of your car. I even got a friendly hello from the security patrol as they drove by... what a GREAT place to spot... in some areas of the field, you can shoot over the fence WITHOUT a ladder or a car. The fence is that low...

I would also join the MIA Spotters Facebook Page and introduce yourself. It will be well worth it when you meet up with one of the great locals other than our own Mark L :-)

lijk604
2013-02-21, 11:34 PM
Manny,

I've tried every iteration for Miami Spotters (MIA Spotters, Miami Int'l Airport Spotters, Spotting MIA, etc...) and cannot find them. Do you have a link to their facebook group that you could pass along?

Thanks!

gonzalu
2013-02-22, 12:08 AM
https://www.facebook.com/groups/270736713226/

lijk604
2013-02-22, 09:26 AM
Thanks for the link Manny...unfortunately, the group is now closed.

hiss srq
2013-02-23, 11:09 PM
MIA and OPF, that is a total no brainer

gonzalu
2013-02-24, 10:22 AM
John I see you made it into the group... enjoy!