PDA

View Full Version : SpeedbirdHD - 2012 - A Year in Review at Los Angeles International Airport

Nighthawk
2013-01-01, 07:15 AM
It's been a great 2012... Check out the highlights that came in and out of LAX...

at5ig2LdBBA

Best,
Nighthawk

gonzalu
2013-01-02, 10:04 PM
Nighthawk, are you Speedbird? Do you know a guy named Vivek? he posts on A.net...

PhilDernerJr
2013-01-02, 10:11 PM
He says he's not, but he obviously is. Not sure why he won't admit it, we all love the videos! :)

gonzalu
2013-01-02, 10:36 PM
Exactly what I was thinking. I'd be bragging about it myself, not through a friend... :-)

PhilDernerJr
2013-01-03, 05:50 AM
New videos were posted here 2 minutes before appearing on on SpeedbirdHD's Twitter...which only changed but after I point it out. Haha

But they are different people ;)

megatop412
2013-01-03, 10:14 AM
That video was INSANE. Great mix of types/paints/carriers

I kept wondering what year it was lol

gonzalu
2013-01-03, 10:34 AM
I have a feeling it is Vivek Kaul as he is usually the only one promoting the videos on FB and Twitter and commenting on the images on A.net now of the new user SpeedbirdHD. I hope he replies because I like his work a lot.

Vivek777Kaul
2013-01-04, 12:55 AM
I am definitely not SpeedbirdHD and he is a good friend of mine.All i do is share his videos on his behalf with all my aviation friends as all of us avgeeks love his videos.

gonzalu
2013-01-04, 08:46 AM
Hey Vivek... sorry just thought that given your promotions of his work, it may have been you :smile:

Does he work on the ramp? How does he gets such great shots? Is anyone able to get that access? That would be great!

Have you gottten out witth him ever? Must be nice to do that at LAX even if to just drive around without a camera!

megatop412
2013-01-04, 11:31 AM
He's got to be either a ramper or a cop to be able to drive alongside and shoot like that

He also seems to employ the Sam Chui helo approach- I'm surprised no one here has done that yet

Vivek777Kaul
2013-01-04, 12:22 PM
Hey Vivek... sorry just thought that given your promotions of his work, it may have been you :smile:

Does he work on the ramp? How does he gets such great shots? Is anyone able to get that access? That would be great!

Have you gottten out witth him ever? Must be nice to do that at LAX even if to just drive around without a camera!

No worries Manny..I have been airside @ LAX on my last trip there , but not with speedbird as he was on a family vacation during that time.I do have other friends who do work @ LAX who were kind enough to take me all over the place.As far as i know ...Speedbird works for LAWA..and as per him ..he says he Dir of Vegetation Control...i asked him once ...and he said just enjoy the videos , don't worry about how i get them...hopefully i can get to meet him if i make a trip to LAX this year.

He's got to be either a ramper or a cop to be able to drive alongside and shoot like that

He also seems to employ the Sam Chui helo approach- I'm surprised no one here has done that yet

What Helo spotting in NYC...i looked that up....cheapest i found was 1300 per hour and 250 extra to have the doors removed...yeah..no thanks..

gonzalu
2013-01-04, 06:02 PM
I went wit hSam the last time he was here and we got turned back by JFK tower just as we were about to leave Kearney (Linden) ... :-( But Art Brett went up with him later in the week.

The price we negotiated was about $1500/hr for two hours with one hour on station as it takes about :30 to get on station and back to kearney.

One day :-) $3,000 can be better spent on a nice trip to SXM [and] a new lens!!!

Zee71
2013-01-04, 06:40 PM
Awesome wrap up for 2012! The video is nice and clean. Definitely nice to have access like that and be up close to the action. Thanks!

abandagale
2014-08-13, 09:32 PM
coreheli.com

R-44 for $800 per hour (upto 2 spotters). They have R-22 with one passenger for $400/hour but when i spoke to the guy there he recommended against it as the tower doesnt like its 'slow' nature esp while crossing runways