PDA

View Full Version : Frontier's Noon Flight into LGA Gone !

Speedbird1
2012-11-28, 11:59 AM
What happened to that adorable noon arrival at LGA of Frontier's Flight 506 from DEN? I see it no longer comes. Is the cancellation due to the fall/winter lull or is this permanent? I always enjoyed seeing those cute animals on the tail.

Matt Molnar
2012-11-28, 03:38 PM
I don't know how many they had before, but it looks like they fly DEN-LGA twice daily now, arriving at 11:02 am and 4:28 pm.

PhilDernerJr
2012-11-28, 05:33 PM
I recall years ago it was a twice-daily...one was a red-eye and the other was that 430pm arrival. They cut the red-eye but added more flights and I guess cutting back some now.

This would be an odd time of year to cut service...it's the busy time!

Speedbird1
2012-11-30, 07:57 AM
Just this past summer/fall, they had 3 daily flights, except for weekends. Now, the flight arriving just after noon is gone; just in time for the holidays. Strange, since many people travel in Nov/Dec. FFT still fly the flights arriving at 4:30 and 8:50 PM. You'd think the noon flight would get booked early but was eliminated.

stratoduck
2012-12-09, 06:56 PM
Frontier Airlines and Midwest (Express) were purchased by Republic (RJET which owns the commuters Chautauqua, Republic, and Shuttle America). Midwest's routes were transitioned into Frontier and express flights. Just before thanksgiving, the Milwaukee (formerly Midwest) flights were dropped, as were the Kansas City routes.

Republic has been looking for a buyer for Frontier, and has suggested moving the base of operations from DEN to MSY.