PDA

View Full Version : Homeland Security People

Chris102
2012-10-03, 03:52 PM
Hey all,

Has anyone ever been hassled by the Homeland Security people at the airport? I headed out this afternoon to get a shot of N1NJ, the New Jersey State Police AW139, but when I arrived, two guys in a Homeland Security SUV pulled up and were scoping me out. I decided just to leave rather than chance causing a scene by taking out a camera.

Have there been any run-ins with these guys reported here?

megatop412
2012-10-03, 06:06 PM
There are so many different agencies that can roll up on you now(Homeland Security, TSA, Port Authority, local police, state police, FBI, hell I bet even OEM or FEMA could stop by if they wanted to) that I've lost count.

My theory is, if my tax dollars went towards purchasing something then I have every right to photograph it(WARNING: this theory may not apply to Groom Lake)

Gerard
2012-10-03, 07:30 PM
Hey all,

Has anyone ever been hassled by the Homeland Security people at the airport? I headed out this afternoon to get a shot of N1NJ, the New Jersey State Police AW139, but when I arrived, two guys in a Homeland Security SUV pulled up and were scoping me out. I decided just to leave rather than chance causing a scene by taking out a camera.
Have there been any run-ins with these guys reported here?

Where was this?

Chris102
2012-10-05, 04:21 PM
AVP. I've seen the car there before but never saw actual DHS people making the rounds. I thought they just always had a car parked there as a formality. Guess not...

emshighway
2012-10-05, 11:40 PM
So a DHS SUV pulled up, looked at you and you feel hassled? Paranoid much?

Chris102
2012-10-06, 03:13 PM
So a DHS SUV pulled up, looked at you and you feel hassled? Paranoid much?

I didn't say I felt "hassled." I was just wondering if they had a history of shooing away photographers at other airports.