PDA

View Full Version : Interesting insight on how to price your photos

Matt Molnar
2012-08-21, 11:24 PM
From a PetaPixel post about how one wedding photog made $18,000 from a single shot:

All too often I hear photographers make excuses for why they should undervalue their work: “It only took me an hour to shoot.” “It’s only a half-day.” “I’ll do this one for cheap so that this client will give me more work later.” “It’s not my regular work so it’s not that big a deal.” “I’m not going to do anything else with the shot.”

Forget all that. It’s not about you. It’s about the value that you’re delivering to your client. There’s a lot of mediocre images out there in the world. If a client wanted one of them, they could use one for a song. If they want you, it’s because you offer something special. Don’t be afraid to charge for your specialness.

http://www.petapixel.com/2012/08/21/this-photograph-earned-one-wedding-photographer-a-18000-payday/

megatop412
2012-08-21, 11:46 PM
18 grand for that? There was a hell of a lot of luck involved in that transaction- especially the luck in a pharma company coming across that single shot and be willing to pay that much for it. I'm also a bit suspicious, having worked in the corporate world, that image doesn't look like something I'd expect to see in branding. But kudos to the shooter for getting that much

Cary
2012-08-22, 12:41 AM
Please check out my FB wall, Matt :)