PDA

View Full Version : Batterypack?!

DWaviation
2012-06-09, 04:46 PM
My dad told me he bought a Nikon D300 for me so im thinking about to buy a batterypack here..
Its a way cheaper here than in Germany but idk if i need it..

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/650539-REG/Zeikos_ZE_NBG300_ZE_NBG300_Power_Battery_Grip.html

What you think?

Fighting_falcon_51
2012-06-09, 05:33 PM
Congrats on the new camera!

Anyway, I prefer a battery grip on my T2i because the camera body is on the small side and it adds extra room and weight so the camera feels better in the hands. Also it has a shutter on the bottom so it is a lot easier to take pictures vertically. Best of all, it doubles your battery life!

The grip I have on my T2i is also a Zeikos and it is great (none of the nonsense you get with cheap grips), the only complaint I have is after a year the adhesive glue that is on the rubber wore off in some spots.

I'm a big fan on grips but it is up to you.

NIKV69
2012-06-09, 06:51 PM
Glad the 300 I bought came with it already! :smile:

Zee71
2012-06-10, 12:13 AM
I like the extra battery grip, besides having any extra battery it helps with shooting portrait shots. Typically I carry three batteries, one in the camera, one in the grip and a spare in the bag (not to mention a spare memory card).

DWaviation
2012-06-10, 01:51 AM
Alright.. its about 120€ in Germany and here its a way cheaper!

Maybe i will get it tmrw after spotting ;)

Thanks for your advice.

cancidas
2012-06-10, 01:52 AM
i'd definitely get it. when i upgraded cameras the new one came with a grip can i honestly can't understand how i used to shoot without it!!

threeholerglory
2012-06-10, 06:11 PM
i shoot a 30D and a friend had a grip with two spare batteries that he gave me at a huge discount...i can't imagine shooting anything without a grip anymore...between the ergonomics and improved battery life (i almost feel like it lasts longer than double) I wouldn't cough it up for anything...next to lenses, tripod and lighting gear it's the single best accessory I own.

megatop412
2012-06-10, 08:53 PM
I use battery grips on both my D90 and D40x and I get a much better hold on the cameras now, it feels way more secure not to mention the added battery life

Keep in mind though- if you want more than just better grip and battery life, like increased frame rate, on that D300 I believe you need a different batteries and some other part, you can't just put the EN-EL3e's in and expect the 8fps, I think you need EN-EL4's or something

DWaviation
2012-06-10, 11:09 PM
I heard about that.. without the batterygrip its "only" 6fps but im totally happy with that!
They have some very good offers on ebay.de so i think im gonna wait untill germany..