PDA

View Full Version : Ad's within Forum Post

eric8669
2012-05-18, 09:01 AM
I find this very distracting, Is there a reason the ad's have to be in a forum post?

moose135
2012-05-18, 09:22 AM
I agree - it's ugly! I run Firefox at home, and don't see ads, but when I check in from the office, I'm on IE, and they are very distracting.

PhilDernerJr
2012-05-18, 09:26 AM
We've been testing out a few new options for ad types and placement. I agree this came out a bit more distracting. Please be patient while we fix up and tinker a little to find happy mediums.

PLEASE continue to offer feedback!!! Thanks, guys.

Zee71
2012-05-18, 09:26 AM
Ditto.....no stinking ads ..... Please!

Runway1R
2012-05-18, 10:27 AM
Personally, I preferred the partner videos on articles as opposed to this. At least then I could just ignore it.

moose135
2012-05-18, 12:20 PM
I take it the ads have been disabled for now? I noticed that for the past day or two, when I logged in using IE, each post had scroll bars, even if it only contained one line of text - and even in those cases, I had to scroll to see it. Running in Firefox (with ads blocked) I didn't see that. IE is now looking normal again, so I assume it was related to the in-post ads.

Matt Molnar
2012-05-18, 12:46 PM
I take it the ads have been disabled for now? I noticed that for the past day or two, when I logged in using IE, each post had scroll bars, even if it only contained one line of text - and even in those cases, I had to scroll to see it. Running in Firefox (with ads blocked) I didn't see that. IE is now looking normal again, so I assume it was related to the in-post ads.

Yep, that was it. Sorry about that. The in-post ads are now gone.