PDA

View Full Version : Buying 5DMII From Sears

Chris102
2012-05-17, 02:57 PM
Has anyone purchased a DSLR from Sears? Are they an OK place to get it from, and would it be the same product I'd get from B&H? I was planning on getting my 5D from B&H, but Sears' payment plan is more attractive. My only concern is that since Sears isn't a go-to camera dealer, I'm wondering if they may stock gray market stuff.

Thoughts?

Matt Molnar
2012-05-17, 03:11 PM
99% chance you'll be fine. Highly doubt Sears would sell any gray market gear.

If you're buying it online, double check that the seller is Sears itself, because they do have odd third party sellers on their website that might be harder to deal with.

snydersnapshots
2012-05-17, 08:47 PM
I think you'll be OK as long as you by from Sears itself. You could save on shipping by having it shipped to a store near you. If you're concerned about the possibility of gray-market, I'd suggest having it shipped to the store. Read up and learn how to recognize a gray market item and inspect it before you leave the store. If you suspect it's g-m, you can refuse it. The price is the same as B&H, so you're not going to lose anything there.

Here's the Sears web page I found. Notice right under the price it says "Sold by Sears":

http://www.sears.com/canon-eos-5d-mark-ii-digital-camera-body/p-00339696000P?prdNo=5&blockNo=5&blockType=G5

Chris102
2012-05-18, 12:50 AM
Thanks guys!