PDA

View Full Version : Selling My Canon 1D Mark III

Cary
2012-05-06, 11:59 PM
Dear People of Earth,

I'm selling my Canon 1D Mark III body, complete with an active Canon warranty and all original packaging and accessories on eBay, with a low starting price of $1,500:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/items/?_nkw=300706857175&_sacat=&_ex_kw=&_mPrRngCbx=1&_udlo=&_udhi=&_sop=&_fpos=&_fspt=1&_sadis=&LH_CAds=&satitle=300706857175

This is a yellow dot release - one of the last Mark IIIs off the production line, and thus it doesn't have any of the AF issues that affected earlier bodies. The AF locks on instantaneously, and as I stated in an older thread, is much faster and accurate than my 7D. I recently picked up the 1D Mark IV and haven't noticed any difference between the III and IV's AF. The camera only has 24k actuations, and was very well taken care of. More details can be found on the auction page. If you have any questions, feel free to ask here or through my contact form (http://aeropx.com/contact).

http://diecastwings.com/ebay/1Dm3a.jpg (http://www.ebay.com/sch/items/?_nkw=300706857175&_sacat=&_ex_kw=&_mPrRngCbx=1&_udlo=&_udhi=&_sop=&_fpos=&_fspt=1&_sadis=&LH_CAds=&satitle=300706857175)

Thanks, Cary

threeholerglory
2012-05-07, 12:40 AM
wanna trade for my 30D? straight up? :P man i wish i could jump on that!!!

Cary
2012-05-07, 12:45 AM
wanna trade for my 30D? straight up? :P man i wish i could jump on that!!!

Sounds really tempting...how much extra would I have to pay you to make it even? My 1DmIII + $800? :tongue: Oh, and I'm only interested if your 30D has over 80k clicks.

threeholerglory
2012-05-07, 12:56 AM
thanks for the offer, but no thanks...i can't settle for anything under $1,000 on top. Oh, and it comes with a battery grip with 4 batteries. Only about 15k clicks...do I LOOK like Derf?

Derf
2012-05-07, 10:06 AM
Hey!

gonzalu
2012-05-07, 10:58 AM
I've seen him drop it at Bayswater in the surf... it is got salt water all over it too from St. martin... :tongue:

Disclaimer
Just in case, just kidding, people, it is a joke!

NIKV69
2012-05-07, 01:29 PM
thanks for the offer, but no thanks...i can't settle for anything under $1,000 on top. Oh, and it comes with a battery grip with 4 batteries. Only about 15k clicks...do I LOOK like Derf?

I would pay for the exif data on Fred's cameras! 300k?

megatop412
2012-05-07, 03:58 PM
Wow, only $1500 for a pro body with only 24k clicks? That's a steal for an amazing camera like that, if I were a Canonite I would consider it

Cary
2012-05-07, 06:44 PM
I've seen him drop it at Bayswater in the surf... it is got salt water all over it too from St. martin... :tongue:

Disclaimer
Just in case, just kidding, people, it is a joke!

Hey, the salt water has added some very valuable patina to it! :tongue:

Wow, only $1500 for a pro body with only 24k clicks? That's a steal for an amazing camera like that, if I were a Canonite I would consider it

Yeah, I'm a bit surprised they aren't fetching more than around $2000. I think some people just look at the 7D having 8fps with 18MP and believe the AF and IQ are close to the 1D Mark III based on specs. Remember, the 1D Mark III was the body of choice for a lot of pro sports shooters, and it's for good reason. The 1D Mark IVs are going for $3,300-3,900 used, and I honestly don't see a whole lot of difference between it and the III, besides the added MP and better LCD (there's also movie mode, but I never use it).

gonzalu
2012-05-07, 08:38 PM
I bet it is the MP count that keeps people away with what the 7D and 5D MkII/III have nowadays for not much more than you;re seeing the 1D MkIII go for.

Cary
2012-05-07, 09:37 PM
I bet it is the MP count that keeps people away with what the 7D and 5D MkII/III have nowadays for not much more than you;re seeing the 1D MkIII go for.

If only they could see how little noise the 1Dm3 produces compared to the 7D (real world, not the DPR comparison tool, which makes the 7D look a lot better than it is). Or how fast and accurately it focuses compared to the 5D series (or 7D). Any lower than $1,500 and I'd just keep it. Before I got the IV, it's the only camera I've ever owned that just doesn't miss (except for my old Nikon F5).

lijk604
2012-05-07, 10:15 PM
Wish I had the extra cash Cary or I would jump on this. Someone is getting a good camera.

gonzalu
2012-05-07, 10:43 PM
Don't remind me of my old F5, which I miss much! Then again, my F3-HP was also a favorite! Well, I lived with only a Full Frame 12MP camera for a year (still have it) and the frame rate and af performance alone is worth the missing pixels. But, like you know, it is only good for frame edge to frame edge perfect shots ro else not much left for quality and printing capacity which is likely the only reason I'll move up to a D4 when the time comes. BTW, why not a Buy It Now button? You;d be surprised how many people prefer it over fighting and waiting for the auction to be over.

Cary
2012-05-07, 11:13 PM
Don't remind me of my old F5, which I miss much! Then again, my F3-HP was also a favorite! Well, I lived with only a Full Frame 12MP camera for a year (still have it) and the frame rate and af performance alone is worth the missing pixels. But, like you know, it is only good for frame edge to frame edge perfect shots ro else not much left for quality and printing capacity which is likely the only reason I'll move up to a D4 when the time comes. BTW, why not a Buy It Now button? You;d be surprised how many people prefer it over fighting and waiting for the auction to be over.

We used the same camera once upon a time? Where did you go so wrong, Manny? :tongue: I did try BIN, but I set it at $2k, and one person asked if he could bid on it, but never did.

gonzalu
2012-05-07, 11:23 PM
Cary, I used to be a Canon guy back in the early 80s... moved to it from Nikon to an A-1 ... then moved back to Nikon because of glass around 1985 and never returned.