PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way to view the Forums on an I Phone as a desktop Version?

fk6065
2012-05-05, 10:30 AM
Anybody know of a way to view the forums on a i phone as the desktop version and notthe mobile version?

I prefer the desktop layout and navigation as the mobile version just doesn't work right on my i phone 4

Thanks

Derf
2012-05-05, 12:06 PM
Me too.. you can get a different browser and use IE emulation mode. Just about every browser will do it except safari

Cary
2012-05-05, 12:25 PM
Ditto on my Android 2.3 phone. Had issues ever since the last update, and think it would be better if it didn't force the mobile version based on device.

fk6065
2012-05-05, 01:20 PM
It is funny I had the non mobile version on my iphone 4 and stupidly cleared the cache history thius morning and now it loads as mobile. Thanks for the help, appriciate it.

gonzalu
2012-05-05, 01:20 PM
Download the free iOS browser Dolphin, go to settings, turn on Desktop Mode... enjoy the desktop version of the forums. The paid version of Atomic Web Browser works as well, not the free version. Dolphin is the only one I know so far that's free and supports regular desktop identification.

http://pictures.mannyphoto.com/photos/i-L62JHFs/0/O/i-L62JHFs.png

gonzalu
2012-05-05, 01:26 PM
Ditto on my Android 2.3 phone. Had issues ever since the last update, and think it would be better if it didn't force the mobile version based on device.

Cary, have you tried changing the Browsing Rendering Style to "Desktop" under Options | Advanced Settings for your browser?

Matt Molnar
2012-05-05, 02:00 PM
Sorry about the mobile issues, guys.

I've now disabled the mobile style for the forums completely as nobody really likes it. It's not great. Until we find a better solution, the full desktop version will load for everyone by default, no matter what device/browser you're using.

The mobile version of the main site is still in place. There, you can return to the full version easily through a button that appears on the bottom of every page.

Let me know if you have any more issues.

Cary
2012-05-05, 03:13 PM
Cary, have you tried changing the Browsing Rendering Style to "Desktop" under Options | Advanced Settings for your browser?

I don't think I have that option? I actually meant to say Android 2.2.

I've now disabled the mobile style for the forums completely as nobody really likes it. It's not great. Until we find a better solution, the full desktop version will load for everyone by default, no matter what device/browser you're using.

Thanks, Matt...all looks good again :)

gonzalu
2012-05-05, 03:29 PM
Matt, the forums look like something else changed... the Avatars are much smaller and the toolbars seem to have gone away :-(

Matt Molnar
2012-05-06, 01:40 AM
Sorry! The avatars are back to their old size and the toolbars have returned.

Matt Molnar
2012-05-06, 01:47 AM
Also making a triumphant return to the forums: the favicon.

gonzalu
2012-05-06, 09:11 AM
Also making a triumphant return to the forums: the favicon.

THANK YOU!!!! I use Pinned App Tabs in Firefox and I hated the unknown tab :tongue: now it shows nicely... and thank you for also updating the Forum logo to the new style!