PDA

View Full Version : FAO Everyone (NHL Playoffs)

wunaladreamin
2012-04-08, 04:09 PM
Lets go Caps!!! Just sayin'.

lijk604
2012-04-08, 04:34 PM
Take out the Bruins...please. Meanwhile, LET'S GO RANGERS!

PhilDernerJr
2012-04-08, 06:16 PM
Must be great rooting for a team that can just scrape by like that. ;)

I'm very disappointed in Tampa Bay. Great players, but I just expected they'd finish the season stronger. I hope to see them bring it hard in the playoffs.

I'm shocked the Rangers were just a few goals from winning the Presidents Trophy. I can walk away proud from here, but I know better than to get too excited. Even after strong seasons the Rangers have a tough time in the playoffs after trying to re-invent themselves.

Philly is a joke...shocked they did so well, as the team just doesn't impress me. I think Vancouver and Pittsburgh will be be the teams that battle for the Cup.

moose135
2012-04-08, 08:44 PM
LET'S GO RANGERS!
And I know just where they can go...:rolleyes:

mattdueck
2012-04-08, 09:14 PM
BTW, Tampa is not in the playoffs this year. Why does Vancouver have to drop Luongo? Hes helped them get to where they are. The only mistake Vancouver made in the past years was to make him captain. Better leave that job to the Sedin twins.

My two cents from the true north.

Matt

lijk604
2012-04-09, 06:18 PM
Why does Vancouver have to drop Luongo? Matt

Because all Luongo has proven is that he can win a ton of regular season games. He has yet to bring them a Cup, and last year when they had Game 7 in their own house he looked like a fish out of water. Schneider is their future. They should embrace that at the first sign of Luongo failing again this year. Otherwise...history will repeat itself.

mattdueck
2012-04-09, 06:30 PM
Schneider is their future......Otherwise...history will repeat itself.

Schneider can be their future. But would it be worth to put him in net against the Kings......Agreed, history can repeat itself. Its well documented here in Calgary. Look at Kipper, he has great year and to prove that, Calgary ended up where they were in the standings. If we didnt have Kipper, we would of fallen farther back. FYI, theres alot of work thats needs to be done in Calgary to get them to a playoff team, to big of a discussion to discuss here. Back to Kipper, if history does repeat, Kipper will have a less than steller year next year as he did two years ago. We can all speculate if history will repeat with Luongo, but until the final whistle of the playoff series occurs we wont really know.

Speedbagel_001
2012-04-10, 02:07 PM
Must be great rooting for a team that can just scrape by like that. ;)

I'm shocked the Rangers were just a few goals from winning the Presidents Trophy. I can walk away proud from here, but I know better than to get too excited. Even after strong seasons the Rangers have a tough time in the playoffs after trying to re-invent themselves.

Phil - I agree regarding the Rangers' chances. While I was disappointed they didn't bring home the President's Trophy, it's actually ok. The trophy they hand out after the 16th victory is the one to get. If the Rangers are unable or incapable to get their Power Play scoring big goals against Ottawa, it's going to be a very short playoff run. It's been better of late, but they still seem luckier than good when the puck ends up in the net. Too many passes, not enough shots!

Realistically, I'm not expecting them to be in the Finals or to win it all. But I hope to enjoy the ride as long as it lasts.

Ychocky
2012-04-10, 03:09 PM
Go Flyers!

That is all.

mattdueck
2012-04-10, 04:15 PM
Too many passes, not enough shots!

That can be said for alot of NHL teams. The only way to win is to shot, not pass. Any puck shot on net has a chance to go in no matter what angle shot from.

Gerard
2012-04-12, 09:55 PM
Take out the Bruins...please. Meanwhile, LET'S GO RANGERS!

Yes sir and a good start.
And FYI they are also using CNBC for playoff coverage. Watching SJ-St Louis now!!

Gerard
2012-04-12, 10:52 PM
http://www.beardathon.com/Home.aspx

lijk604
2012-04-13, 08:05 AM
1 down, 15 to go.

wunaladreamin
2012-04-13, 12:45 PM
While I didn't much like the way game 1 ended for me last night, it was great to see my Caps play with sustained passion. We just didn't get many bounces. It's only a matter of time before the tide turns and Holtby was HUGE. Go Caps!!!

lijk604
2012-04-14, 08:03 AM
'Nucks down 2-0, and now have to go to LA. How's that Luongo thing working for ya?

Oh, and who woke up the Flyers???

Gerard
2012-04-14, 10:18 AM
Oh, and who woke up the Flyers???

Dislike both teams but a really fun series to watch!!

mattdueck
2012-04-14, 01:33 PM
Well since I havent actually watched any games thus far I cant comment, all I can say is its pretty dismal right now and if the Canucks go out in the first round, there might be a stir up in coaching or management. Only time will tell.

wunaladreamin
2012-04-14, 02:06 PM
I wouldn't worry much about the Flyers, their goaltending will eventually let them down as always. Luongo? LOL Who's that? Shocked that Shea Weber didn't get suspended for the WWE ram your head into a turnbuckle style move on Zetterberg.

And I am gearing up and already rocking the red for Caps-Bruins game 2 in a little bit. GO CAPS!!!

Gerard
2012-04-15, 10:19 AM
And I am gearing up and already rocking the red for Caps-Bruins game 2 in a little bit. GO CAPS!!!

What a game there. And a heartbreak for the RAngers.:frown: These playoffs are going OT crazy!!!!! Chicago ties Phoenix with less than 10 seconds left in BOTH GAMES
and series now tied 1-1!!!!

wunaladreamin
2012-04-15, 12:05 PM
Watching Dubinsky kill the Gatorade cooler was priceless though lol.

I am absolutely certain that Braden Holtby is the future of my Washington Capitals. He has been nothing short of huge so far!

PhilDernerJr
2012-04-15, 03:21 PM
We were definitely over-penalized there. Sens start that insane punching fury, and Dubinsky went to break it up and gets kicked out? Rangers were more hurt by that by far after losing him.

PhilDernerJr
2012-04-15, 03:36 PM
Fleury is really not playing well for the Pens. A shame. I don't like the Pens but they should be handling the Flyers a bit easier than this. Although the Pens keep giving these up short-handed and you can't always blame the goalie for those situations.

lijk604
2012-04-15, 03:36 PM
We were definitely over-penalized there. Sens start that insane punching fury, and Dubinsky went to break it up and gets kicked out? Rangers were more hurt by that by far after losing him.

Phil, it's at that point the ref's lost control of the game (and the Rangers lost their composure). Bad penalties called on BOTH sides, and worse, they swallowed the whistle on many calls, again on BOTH sides. Steve Wolkom has definitely earned the reputation as the worst NHL ref out there. Playoff games are supposed to be played hard, and I'm okay with the heavier checks that are happening. But the players are showing no respect for each other out there...and that goes in all the series games I've seen so far. What Weber got away with in Nashville is sheer madness.

There was so much goaltender interference in last night's Rangers game it was almost unwatchable. It sent a message, you can get away with just about anything and no penalty will be called. Which is exactly what happened. Who would have thought that the Flyers/Pens matchup would be the cleanest played so far? Certainly not me.

PhilDernerJr
2012-04-15, 03:38 PM
"No respect"

xaE_LpDuH3U

wunaladreamin
2012-04-15, 07:18 PM
Penguins/Flyers today???

Wow. Just wow.

wunaladreamin
2012-04-15, 07:43 PM
How bad do you have to be to make the Flyers look like good guys?

Gerard
2012-04-15, 08:27 PM
How bad do you have to be to make the Flyers look like good guys?

LOL really now. And i love hockey but that was an embarrasment after awhile. I mean after the end of every play there was a fight or a scrum. I gotta feeling Shanahan is going to come
down real hard on both teams. Usually you dont see this type of battling in the playoffs since no one wants to get thrown out or suspended. Cant help your team that way.

wunaladreamin
2012-04-15, 09:03 PM
So Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy, and the NHL Rulebook walk into a bar. The bartender says nothing because apparently none of then exist.

lijk604
2012-04-15, 09:55 PM
So Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy, and the NHL Rulebook walk into a bar. The bartender says nothing because apparently none of then exist.
LIKE!!!

wunaladreamin
2012-04-16, 12:39 AM
I'd love to know how Holtby gets penalized for roughing (rightfully) for shoving Chris Kelly, but Tim Thomas gets nothing for punching Backstrom with his blocker (according to NHL rules worthy of a match penalty) and KICKING Troy Brouwer. I think Brendan Shanaban is off enjoying an early offseason.

lijk604
2012-04-16, 08:52 AM
I'd love to know how Holtby gets penalized for roughing (rightfully) for shoving Chris Kelly, but Tim Thomas gets nothing for punching Backstrom with his blocker (according to NHL rules worthy of a match penalty) and KICKING Troy Brouwer. I think Brendan Shanaban is off enjoying an early offseason.

Just to continue his inconsistency...Shea Weber slams Zetterberg's head into the glass purposely after his punch missed (a DELIBERATE intent to injure). No suspension just a $2500 fine.

Carl Hagelin elbows Alfredsson on a very quick play, and he gets 3 games???? Was it a penalty? Yes, definitely. Intent to injure, no. Three games worth? Hell no!

PhilDernerJr
2012-04-16, 12:18 PM
The thing I like(ed) about the NHL videos is that you get the exlpanations and reasoning behind the decisions. But this one confuses me. I DO think that the elbow is more severe and dangerous, but Shanny said that Haeglin has no history of such and gave the guy credit, and gave him 3 games. Then Carkner, who he says was fully deliberate AND has a history of it (even showing an example), and only gets 1.

But with that, INJURY plays a huge part of the decision process.

As for Weber....wow. That should be at least 3 games, PLUS hefty fine.

XiMgjO0EgtE

Kenny, thanks for backing up the Rangers on that though and calling it how it is! I'm again losing faith in the league. No resPECT. haha

wunaladreamin
2012-04-16, 02:52 PM
I backed up the Rangers???

Admin...ADMIN...please delete whichever post in which I did that!!!

Gerard
2012-04-16, 07:53 PM
I backed up the Rangers???
Admin...ADMIN...please delete whichever post in which I did that!!!

LMAO!! Maybe you got hit hard in the head?:confused:

wunaladreamin
2012-04-16, 08:36 PM
C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS LET'S GO CAPS!!!

lijk604
2012-04-16, 10:22 PM
Rangers win a hard fought close one tonight 1-0. I think my heart is finally beating again...and this is just the first round?

lijk604
2012-04-16, 10:23 PM
Caps & Bruins starting to get nasty now too.

Gerard
2012-04-16, 10:25 PM
Rangers win a hard fought close one tonight 1-0. I think my heart is finally beating again...and this is just the first round?

Oh man so right!! Henrik was amazing!!
And a heartbreaker for the Caps!!!!!

wunaladreamin
2012-04-16, 10:29 PM
Ugh that was disappointing. The road to glory is not paved in gold and I still believe. Go Caps!!!

wunaladreamin
2012-04-16, 11:41 PM
Well here's some bull ****. Backstrom was issued a match penalty for shoving Pelley at the end of the game and will automatically be suspended indefinitely until the NHL has a hearing. Again, Thomas slides on punching Backy with his blocker which according to NHL law is an automatic match penalty, an one of our top guys gets the death penalty for a shove. Horse ****.

wunaladreamin
2012-04-16, 11:55 PM
I've also decided that my Ulf Dahlen jersey might be bad luck this year and from here out I will only be wearing either my Ovechkin or Iafrate jerseys. Also, until the playoffs end for me, I will only be consuming Coors Light during the games. Sacrifices...it's all about sacrifices. Do you guys have any superstitions?

Gerard
2012-04-17, 06:41 PM
Do you guys have any superstitions?

I NEVER wear any jersey/t-shirt of the team I am rooting for on the game day!!
In ANY sport!!!! LOL!!!!

wunaladreamin
2012-04-17, 10:30 PM
Red Wings coach Mike Babcock looks like he's gonna crap out a wicker basket lol.

wunaladreamin
2012-04-17, 10:44 PM
HOLY **** RAFFI TORRES!!!

Gerard
2012-04-17, 10:52 PM
Red Wings coach Mike Babcock looks like he's gonna crap out a wicker basket lol.

Down 3-1 I can see why!! LOL!!
And nice 3-0 blown lead by Devils!! Ex-Devil Clemmenson to Panthers rescue.:biggrin:

lijk604
2012-04-18, 11:38 AM
HOLY **** RAFFI TORRES!!!

Here is where Shanahan has to redeem himself and make a statement.
Star Player + removed by stretcher + repeat offender + clear intent (left his feet) = 10 games minimum

Anything less, and the message is not sent, and there will be more of this until the cup is raised.

george
2012-04-18, 12:43 PM
Star Player + removed by stretcher + repeat offender + clear intent (left his feet) = 10 games minimum

Anything less, and the message is not sent, and there will be more of this until the cup is raised.

I agree 100% there needs to be a clear message sent with this one

wunaladreamin
2012-04-18, 02:42 PM
Won't happen. He's not on the caps.

Gerard
2012-04-18, 07:01 PM

I dont remember the playoffs being this crazy!! Oh there were incidents but not seemingly across the board like this.
I do believe things will calm down as we move into the later rounds!! With the 1st round teams are more tightly wound.

Gerard
2012-04-18, 07:21 PM
Didnt know about that Raffi hit until I just saw ESPN. And NO PENALTY? Wow terrible.
Also there has been 7 suspensions SO FAR this post-season while last year only 7 the WHOLE Playoffs!!
BTW the Penguins have 3 from Sundays game!!

lijk604
2012-04-18, 09:59 PM
Another night of horrible officiating, and little player respect for each other.

Countless missed calls in the second period of the NYR/OTT game. Spezza was hit high in open ice, and Girardi was hit with a high stick...BOTH IN CLEAR SIGHT of the referee, on the same play, and no calls on either one. This is disgusting.

Switched to the PIT/PHL game at the 2nd INT, and saw PIT was up 9-3. Of course just as I turn it on Zac Rinaldo is being sent off for another head shot this time on Tyler Kennedy.

Gerard
2012-04-18, 10:18 PM
little player respect for each other.

This is something i've heard a number of announcers, sports writers and coaches talk about and it's so true!! Pretty pathetic actually.

wunaladreamin
2012-04-18, 11:04 PM
Looks like Van-LA is pretty clean so far. The night is young though. Raffi Torres is suspended indefinitely while you can find Hossa in the vegetable section of Stop and Shop. On another note, I am already spooling up for tomorrows game at the Phone Booth!!!

Gerard
2012-04-19, 10:45 PM
On another note, I am already spooling up for tomorrows game at the Phone Booth!!!

Nice win by Caps though you need a new Time Keeper. 9.5 seconds left in game and clock took about 3 to 4 seconds to start when puck dropped!! :confused:
Phx-Chicago just went into 4th straight OT game with another crazy Chicago last minute rally to tie.

PHX won quick into OT Up 3-1. BTW a soft goal let inby Chicago goalie!! But PHX dont care. LOL!!

wunaladreamin
2012-04-20, 12:05 AM
Lol Gerard it was too loud in the Phone Booth as it usually always is! Ive said it a few times already...Holtby is the future of the Washington Capitals and I for one am stoked to see it go down!

Gerard
2012-04-20, 06:41 PM
Lol Gerard it was too loud in the Phone Booth as it usually always is! Ive said it a few times already...Holtby is the future of the Washington Capitals and I for one am stoked to see it go down!

Saw him interviewed after game. Sounds like a good kid!!
Lots of top seeds in trouble or struggling. First round is always tough!!

wunaladreamin
2012-04-21, 12:29 PM
Torres gets the hook for 25 games.

PhilDernerJr
2012-04-21, 01:13 PM

Agreed, except for one part...which is a huge part of the problem.... why does it matter if he is a "star player"? I shouldn't.

That's how Crosby was nursed by the NHL for years. That's why we're seeing uneven and unfair punishments handed down, because what Shanahan is NOT saying in those punishment explanation videos is that they also take the players' stats anc contribution to the league into effect. This is not right and very unfair.

I'm a big Red Wings fan, and Hossa's in my top 5. But his abilities shouldn't be a factor. That means that people who aren't stars are more open game to such hits without needed punishment, and that "star players" can get away with stuff, as we saw with Weber. If Weber didn't have a C on his sweater, he wouldn't have gotten a mere fine.

I lost a lot of faith that I previously had in the league.

Gerard
2012-04-21, 03:29 PM
Agreed, except for one part...which is a huge part of the problem.... why does it matter if he is a "star player"? It shouldn't.

Absolutely right but in all of sports star players get star treatment.

wunaladreamin
2012-04-21, 07:17 PM
Oh baby HOW 'BOUT THEM CAPS!!!

Gerard
2012-04-21, 08:01 PM

Thomas should have had the game winner but I'm not complaining. Just saying!! :tongue:

lijk604
2012-04-22, 03:23 PM

Kenny, they are looking good. With Phiily's win today, there is the good possibility now, of 3 of the top 4 seeds being knocked out in Rd 1. If NJ gets their $hit together, all 4 top seeds could be gone. Going to be an interesting two days coming up.

Gerard
2012-04-22, 06:33 PM
Kenny, they are looking good. With Phiily's win today, there is the good possibility now, of 3 of the top 4 seeds being knocked out in Rd 1. If NJ gets their $hit together, all 4 top seeds could be gone. Going to be an interesting two days coming up.

Well Caps-Bruins going to Game 7! Boy he skated right in for the game winner!!!

Rangers better wake up or they will be playing golf with the Penguins!!!!!!

wunaladreamin
2012-04-22, 07:21 PM
I am NOT ****ing happy today.

lijk604
2012-04-22, 10:04 PM
I am NOT ****ing happy today.

I can understand why. Bad pass in OT sealed their fate. I just hope I'm not feeling that way tomorrow night.

Gerard
2012-04-22, 11:38 PM
LA just took out Vancouver in OT! Wow best regular season record means NOTHING!!!!!!!!

wunaladreamin
2012-04-22, 11:43 PM
Lol Gerard not when it comes playoff time and every year Luongo let's more black things through his legs than a Kardashian sister!

wunaladreamin
2012-04-23, 09:36 PM
Amped for Wednesday! CAPS IN 7!!!

Gerard
2012-04-23, 10:06 PM
Amped for Wednesday! CAPS IN 7!!!

MSG should be rocking Thursday night for Game 7!!
And what were they watching in Toronto for that "kicked in" goal??!! Geez!!!!! :confused:
Never saw Henrik so pissed!! He cursed out the refs at the end of the game!! In Swedish? LOL!!

lijk604
2012-04-24, 08:21 AM
Game 7. It all comes down to this. Play to the end. One team moves on, the other goes home. In Game 7, no team should ever take it easy, even if up 4-1 in the third. Play until the final buzzer. About the only thing more stressful, would be OT in Game 7, when any one mis-step could end your entire season.
Caps-Bruins Wednesday, Rangers-Sens & possibly, Devils-Panthers on Thursday. Can't wait!

Kudos to the Predators, Kings, Coyotes & Blues for advancing. The only question now...where will Roberto Luongo be playing next year? Schneider replaced him for games 3, 4, & 5, and although they lost the series 4-1, he made the Kings earn it. Luongo gave them the first 2.

Gerard
2012-04-24, 10:26 PM
Game 7. Caps-Bruins Wednesday, Rangers-Sens & possibly, Devils-Panthers on Thursday. Can't wait!

Just got Devils-Panthers Thursday night!!!

wunaladreamin
2012-04-24, 11:32 PM
I've got tunnel vision boys. Caps in 7!!!

captmjk16
2012-04-24, 11:34 PM
I've got tunnel vision boys. Caps in 7!!!

Only if Uncle Gary says it's ok Kenny...

lijk604
2012-04-25, 09:04 AM
3 Game 7's in two nights....can't get any better than this!

wunaladreamin
2012-04-25, 10:25 AM
Only if Uncle Gary says it's ok Kenny...
**** Gary Bettman!

lijk604
2012-04-25, 09:43 PM
Bruins/Caps...1-1 in the third. Has all the makings of an OT game!

wunaladreamin
2012-04-25, 10:11 PM
I can feel my heart beating in my eyelids.

lijk604
2012-04-25, 10:12 PM
Okay it got better...Game 7...Sudden Death OT! Could not even guess which team will win, both teams playing very well.

wunaladreamin
2012-04-25, 10:14 PM
I am clenched so tight I can make diamonds right now. WHERES MY VODKA???

Gerard
2012-04-25, 10:18 PM
I am clenched so tight I can make diamonds right now. WHERES MY VODKA???

LOLOL!! I feel your nerves!! I hope the Rangers dont do this to me tomorrow night!! UGH!!!!!!!!
Good luck!!!!!

wunaladreamin
2012-04-25, 10:25 PM
JOEL ****ING WARD!!! LET'S GO CAPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gerard
2012-04-25, 10:31 PM
JOEL ****ING WARD!!! LET'S GO CAPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats!!! Great play by Knuble!! Nice follow up on the rebound!!! Love the reaction of the Boston crowd!!

wunaladreamin
2012-04-25, 10:35 PM
As much as I dislike the Bruins, that was one hell of a series. Four wins down, twelve more to go! GO CAPS!!!

lijk604
2012-04-25, 11:21 PM
Kenny, as much as I am going to hate the work involved, the Rangers better win tomorrow so we can have a NYR-WAS series.

wunaladreamin
2012-04-26, 01:15 AM
I hope the Rangers lose. If we spoil things for them again, Phil is going to ban me lol.

lijk604
2012-04-26, 09:28 PM
Holy $&:/@!!! This game has me feeling like Kenny last night! Heart stopping action at times.
2 minutes to go...Let's Go Rangers!!!

lijk604
2012-04-26, 09:34 PM
Kenny....it's going to be an EPIC round 2!

wunaladreamin
2012-04-26, 09:38 PM
Congrats to the Rangers. That was a good game indeed. Sorry John, maybe next year for you guys. This is going to be a RED year! GO CAPS!!!

Gerard
2012-04-26, 09:44 PM
Holy $&:/@!!! This game has me feeling like Kenny last night! Heart stopping action at times.
2 minutes to go...Let's Go Rangers!!!

Finally caught my breath!! WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wunaladreamin
2012-04-27, 04:31 PM
Meet me in the schoolyard...tomorrow..3PM! Let the dethroning of king Henrik begin! GO CAPS!!!

Gerard
2012-04-27, 06:45 PM
Meet me in the schoolyard...tomorrow..3PM! Let the dethroning of king Henrik begin! GO CAPS!!!

LOL we have many good friends in Md/DC (my wife went to HS in Bethesda) and the war of words has begun. :rolleyes::biggrin:
And I guess I have to root for the DEvils now???? :confused::tongue:

wunaladreamin
2012-04-28, 03:06 PM
Here we go boys! LET'S GO CAPS!!!

wunaladreamin
2012-04-28, 03:08 PM
Voyage of the Dawn Treader is on HBO. Aslan is voiced by Liam Neeson. Liam Neeson is a Rangers fan. This movie sucks. So does the NY Rangers. Factual.

wunaladreamin
2012-04-28, 04:00 PM
Gerard, I have a couple of extra Caps jerseys if you'd like to borrow one lol.

Gerard
2012-04-28, 04:13 PM
Gerard, I have a couple of extra Caps jerseys if you'd like to borrow one lol.

OK now you're getting annoying like my Islander fan brother!!!:biggrin:

NIKV69
2012-04-28, 05:33 PM
Here we go boys! LET'S GO CAPS!!!

3-1 Good guys! That rookie is awesome!

Gerard
2012-04-28, 06:07 PM
3-1 Good guys! That rookie is awesome!

Kreider is a beast!!! LOL!!! Just came off winning a NCAA National Championship and steps into this. In an interview he said he hopes this keeps going so he doesnt have to go back to school.:smile:
And this is going to be a looong series. Good game today. None of that stupid 1st round junk. And we were lucky with a number of posts/crossbars and a penalty that should have been called on
a rush into the net with the Cap taken down. Oh well.......:tongue:

wunaladreamin
2012-04-28, 06:17 PM
Very lucky the Rangers were. Three off the post and one off the crossbar.

I'm also pretty sure we lost the first game of the last series too and we all know how that turned out! GO CAPS!!!

lijk604
2012-04-28, 06:34 PM
The Rangers have figured Holtby out. Don't take a lot of shots, lull him into a sense of security, then start the third period. 5 down, 11 to go.

wunaladreamin
2012-04-28, 06:36 PM
Yeah the Rangers can keep doing that...we won't be ringing pucks off the post all day long forever!

lijk604
2012-04-28, 09:30 PM
Yeah the Rangers can keep doing that...we won't be ringing pucks off the post all day long forever!

That's what I'm afraid of! :eek:

PhilDernerJr
2012-04-29, 10:15 AM
Also keep in mind the Rangers are hurting from injuries as well.

I'm surprised we didn't get a penalty for having the crossbar as a second goalie. ;)

wunaladreamin
2012-04-30, 09:29 PM
C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS!!!

wunaladreamin
2012-04-30, 09:58 PM
OVI!!!!!

wunaladreamin
2012-04-30, 10:12 PM
LETS GO CAPS!!$

Gerard
2012-04-30, 10:18 PM
Damn crossbar get the hell out of the way!! :mad::tongue:
And Kings giving St Louis the Blues up 5-1 in 2nd!!!

wunaladreamin
2012-04-30, 11:09 PM
Feel my pain Gerard!

How GORGEOUS was Kopitar's first goal for LA?!?!

lijk604
2012-05-01, 06:32 PM
Okay Kenny it's now a best of 5...crossbars be damned!

Gerard
2012-05-01, 08:25 PM
How GORGEOUS was Kopitar's first goal for LA?!?!

Never saw it. Turned on and it was already 4-0!! It was a "Quick" lead!!! :smile:

wunaladreamin
2012-05-01, 11:56 PM
Gerard, it was supremely pretty!

Spooling up for tomorrow!!! It's only a matter of time before Phil unfollows my obnoxious ass!

LETS GO CAPS!!!

Gerard
2012-05-02, 07:09 PM
My wife makes fun of me anytime I wear any type of sports gear. She says I look like "Puddy" from the Seinfeld episode where they went to the DEvils game
and Puddy wore a jersey and face painted. Well tonite her best, oldest and dearest friend who is a Caps season ticket holder texted me a picture of HER IN A CAPS
JERSEY!!!!! The look on my wifes face was PRICELESS!!! Robyn crossed the line!! LOL!! But I'll still probably be Puddy!!! :tongue:

wunaladreamin
2012-05-02, 08:27 PM
LMAO that's awesome!!!

Btw, your wife's best friend just became my best friend!

Gerard
2012-05-02, 09:13 PM
LMAO that's awesome!!!

Btw, your wife's best friend just became my best friend!

Ask her husband first!! :wink::rolleyes:

wunaladreamin
2012-05-02, 09:14 PM
Lol nothing inappropriate!!!

Gerard
2012-05-02, 10:23 PM
Lol nothing inappropriate!!!

LOL I know!! :cool:

lijk604
2012-05-02, 10:52 PM
Ugh...Double OT! This one is going to sting whomever loses...and may foreshadow the series winner.

wunaladreamin
2012-05-02, 10:56 PM
Hendy deserves this!!

wunaladreamin
2012-05-02, 11:34 PM
I'm exhausted watching this. I can't imagine how the players feel!

lijk604
2012-05-02, 11:36 PM
Going into 3rd OT, McDonough has played 48 mins, Staal 42 and Wideman is over 40 as well...unreal!

wunaladreamin
2012-05-02, 11:38 PM
We haven't seen a goal scored in over 2 hours!

lijk604
2012-05-03, 12:14 AM
EPIC WIN! Kenny you have to admit, that was one hell of a game.

wunaladreamin
2012-05-03, 12:15 AM
Damn I'm going to bed. Caps in 6!!!

george
2012-05-03, 09:23 AM
Incredible game last night/this morning!

Gerard
2012-05-03, 05:45 PM
Damn I'm going to bed. Caps in 6!!!

Good to be optimistic after that. I was in bed after the 1st OT. Getting up at 5:30AM will do that. Woke up in the middle of the night and saw my son in Arizona
had called me at 12:15AM. I took that as a good sign!! Boy was I RIGHT!!!!! EPIC!!
My friends at the game left at the end of the 2nd OT!! She told me the city kept the trains running OT also. No 24 hour NYC MTA there. Good forward thinking
by someone.
Funny that she texted me after the first OT "Will someone score already"!!
Playoff hockey at its BEST!!!!!!!!

wunaladreamin
2012-05-03, 07:14 PM
I'm not the only optimistic one. Holtby said he'll accept that loss MAYBE when after the fourth round is over and he has a ring. GO CAPS!!!

lijk604
2012-05-03, 07:17 PM
I'm not the only optimistic one. Holtby said he'll accept that loss MAYBE when after the fourth round is over and he has a ring. GO CAPS!!!

Kenny that there is the Caps #1 next year. I think Vokoun is gone with Neuwirth also under contract.

wunaladreamin
2012-05-03, 07:18 PM
He god damn better be! If GMGM let's this kid go, I'm going to find a new team to follow!

Gerard
2012-05-03, 10:51 PM
Now the Devils did it right!! Win late 1st OT!! Good night and drive home safely!!

lijk604
2012-05-05, 02:45 PM
Gese...I can't take much more of this. 2-2 late third period. C'mon...end this in regulation!

lijk604
2012-05-05, 03:08 PM
OUCH.

wunaladreamin
2012-05-05, 03:14 PM
FAITH IN THE RED!!! CAPS IN 6!!!

Lundqvist is ****ing sick though. Without him it could have been 5 or 6 by my boys!

Gerard
2012-05-05, 06:18 PM
Gese...I can't take much more of this. 2-2 late third period. C'mon...end this in regulation!

Didnt see any of the game. Was up in Ct at a Memorial Service for a close friends sister who was taken much too early. Left my phone in the car and after the luncheon turned on the radio and
the game had just ended!! Wasnt happy and quickly switched to music!! Of course if they won I might have listened to some sports talk. LOL!! This series is going 7!!

wunaladreamin
2012-05-05, 11:34 PM
My condolences Gerard.

I still say Caps in 6!!!

lijk604
2012-05-07, 10:03 PM
What a shocker, more overtime! Actually, this one was a shocker, definitely thought the Caps had that one in regulation.

wunaladreamin
2012-05-07, 10:06 PM
It's ok John, we'll get it in OT! CAPS IN 6!!!

Gerard
2012-05-07, 10:08 PM
What a shocker, more overtime! Actually, this one was a shocker, definitely thought the Caps had that one in regulation.

UGH!!!! This is crazy!!!!!

Gerard
2012-05-07, 10:12 PM
It's ok John, we'll get it in OT! CAPS IN 6!!!

LOL Rangers score at 6.6!! :tongue:

NIKV69
2012-05-07, 10:21 PM
You have to believe! What a game!

lijk604
Staal with the OT Winner!!!!! Sorry Kenny, Caps need 7 now.

wunaladreamin
You gotta be ****ting me.

Gerard
2012-05-07, 10:24 PM
You gotta be ****ting me.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
Well at least it was quick!!

wunaladreamin
2012-05-07, 10:25 PM
We'll be back Wednesday. There is still faith in this part of Caps Nation!!!

Gerard
2012-05-07, 10:30 PM
We'll be back Wednesday. There is still faith in this part of Caps Nation!!!

And that's the way it should be!!
But Holy ****!!!

Gerard
2012-05-07, 10:41 PM
And lets go Coyotes!!!! Sure wont be staying up for that!! :tongue: Their run is big here in the playoffs BUt the LA Kings? 8-1 beating #1 and #2 seed? Thats wild but good
goaltending in the playoffs like they are getting from J Quick can carry a team to the Cup!!
And how bout that old guy in NJ in the net??!! Amazing!!!

wunaladreamin
2012-05-08, 10:09 AM
What wi be amazing is when the Caps take games 6 and 7. LET'S GO CAPS!!!

wunaladreamin
2012-05-08, 10:04 PM
THERE IS FAITH IN CAPS NATION HOO YAH!!! C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS LET'S GO CAPS!!!

lijk604
2012-05-09, 08:22 PM
Spotted the Caps a goal. Gotta play hard the next two to make it up.

lijk604
2012-05-09, 09:36 PM
Gese...Rangers look like a minor league team tonight. Looks like Game 7 Saturday night.

Gerard
2012-05-09, 10:05 PM
Gese...Rangers look like a minor league team tonight. Looks like Game 7 Saturday night.

Very disappointing performance after that dramatic win on Monday!! :confused:
And the Devils get a nice rest for the next round!! UGH!!

wunaladreamin
2012-05-09, 10:08 PM
LET'S GO CAPS!!!

lijk604
2012-05-09, 10:38 PM
Kenny, I gotta admit, if Holtby plays game 7 like he did tonight, then I am very afraid.

wunaladreamin
2012-05-09, 10:43 PM
If this were 1912, Holtby would have shoved the iceberg away from the Titanic with his glove hand. See you Saturday! CAPS IN 7!!!

Speedbagel_001
2012-05-10, 01:44 PM
LOL Rangers score at 6.6!! :tongue:

For some strange reason, the NHL has decided to change the official time to 7.6 seconds remaining. Apparently, the clock in Toronto counts down time differently than the MSG game clock.

wunaladreamin
2012-05-12, 07:12 PM
I hope they crush the Rangers ****ing souls at the Garden.

C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS LET'S GO CAPS!

Gerard
2012-05-12, 10:15 PM
I hope they crush the Rangers ****ing souls at the Garden.

C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS LET'S GO CAPS!

OMG!!!!!!! WHAT A FRIGGIN GAME!! Time for a double!!! SHEESH!!!!!!

wunaladreamin
2012-05-12, 10:20 PM
Henrik Lundqvist deserves everything he's up for this year. It wouldn't kill me to see him with the cup over his head.

I am, after watching what I did during this playoffs, a VERY proud member of the Caps Nation. Lundqvist can have his this year...next year is the year of Braden Holtby. GO CAPS!!'

lijk604
2012-05-12, 11:12 PM
It was 1 hell of a series Kenny. I know it's cliche' but it's too bad the Caps had to lose. They played with a lot a heart and determination and if they have a full season under Dale Hunter's system, they will be dangerous. Having Holtby is a plus as well.

Gerard
2012-05-12, 11:20 PM
It was 1 hell of a series Kenny. I know it's cliche' but it's too bad the Caps had to lose. They played with a lot a heart and determination and if they have a full season under Dale Hunter's system, they will be dangerous. Having Holtby is a plus as well.

Well said. Holtby was amazing and has a great future ahead of him.
But with all that being said........................this was SO SWEEET!! Not easy, heart wrenching, nail biting but so sweet!!
The Caps have broken our hearts in recent years so this was particularly satisfying!!:biggrin:

wunaladreamin
2012-05-13, 12:25 AM
John cliches do come with some truth and it truly would be the same statement had things gone the way I had hoped. For the first time since the Schoenfeld days, I am puking rainbows through my tears at the possibilities of what will be in our future. Ovi, Sasha, Backy, and Greenie are not young guns anymore. Braden Holtby is our young gun now. Ovi has grown into a captain, not just a rock star. Backy is proof, besides Ovi, that Europeans are definitely not soft. And Sasha...well Sasha will be Sasha. It breaks my heart to think Mike Knuble might have worn red for the last time, but never seeing Vokoun or Wideman again wont kill me.
Hunter's system is good but we never soared under it. Things were much more like a flip of a coin. If he is to be successful here, a balance must be found.

That said, my time in this thread is over, and I wish you boys luck for the rest of the way. Like I said before just do it for Henrik.

PhilDernerJr
2012-05-13, 02:49 PM
When was the last tiem the Rangers had a LEAD? Like a game that WASN'T a nailbiter? The Caps played so well, but if the Rangers want to win a cup, they're going to need to stop just squeaking by with these wins.

Last night was very exciting. Beating the Caps in round 2, playing the Devils for the East....dejavu anyone? haha

Gerard
2012-05-13, 09:13 PM
When was the last tiem the Rangers had a LEAD?

Saw a stat that that 90% of this series the teams were within 1 goal of each other!! SHEESH!!

lijk604
2012-05-19, 05:33 PM
Lundquist with another shutout. Rangers 3-0 over Devils today, take 2-1 series lead. Another tough series.

Gerard
2012-05-19, 07:43 PM
Lundquist with another shutout. Rangers 3-0 over Devils today, take 2-1 series lead. Another tough series.

Saw some of the 1st period and that was it as I had a function to attend. Was pleasantly surprised when I checked the score and saw 2-0 with 11 left in the 3rd. Saw highlights later
and Henrik was amazing again. They need to ride this horse into the Finals. And speaking of Finals the LA Kings continue their amazing run, now 11-1 in the Playoffs. Oh and speaking of 11
the Rangers Defensemen have scored 11 goals so far in their 3 series. Whatever it takes to win!!

Gerard
2012-05-25, 09:42 AM
Oh man TONITE will be crazy!! But it shouldnt have even come down to this!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

lijk604
2012-05-25, 10:56 PM
I agree Gerard. However, it did, and the Rangers did not pull through. Its a NJ/LA Stanley Cup Final.
Go Kings!

adscram14
2012-05-25, 11:07 PM
Ugh, Rangers loss. Kings all the way in the finals!

moose135
2012-05-26, 12:07 AM
Let's go Devils!

Gerard
2012-05-26, 07:43 AM
I agree Gerard. However, it did, and the Rangers did not pull through. Its a NJ/LA Stanley Cup Final.
Go Kings!

Yes never thought I'd route for an L.A. team. LOL!! THat was a terrible ending but not totally surprising. A few bounces here and there and the Rangers could have been bounced in the 1st round
and definitely against the Caps. They didnt carry over their play from the regular season and depended on Henrik to bail them out too many times. And at least last night the execution was quick!!
No drawn out 2 or 3 fracking OTs!! We'll be back, there are plenty of good young players on this team. Now I head for Eisenhower Park for the Fleet week demos. Maybe I'll see the Rangers joining the Islanders on the golf course there!!! :tongue:

Gerard
2012-05-26, 07:52 AM
And speaking of the Kings, a Quick Jonathan story!! :smile: When my oldest son played travel ice for the Arrows here on LI we were up in Portsmouth, NH for a tourney. At dinner one night I was sitting at a table with their coach and he told us this story about this goalie from a prep school in Connecticut they had played against last year. During warmups he would put on goaltending show, playing without a stick and staying on his knees, daring his teammates to try and put the puck in the net. They werent very successful. It was his way of intimidating the opposition. And it wortked as the were shutout. That was 6 years or so when I heard that and even then peopole were talking about J Quick!!
I think that was the same prep school Brian Leetch went to and also he is married to the sister of Matt Moulsons (Islanders) wife!! Little trivia for ya holiday!!
DAMN DIABLOS!!!!!!!! :mad:

AJ
2012-05-26, 08:23 AM
I'm with Moose. GO DEVILS!

How sweet it is to knock out the Flyers AND Rangers.

Not to rub it in.... but I will... HOW SWEET IT IS!

I will be in Korea next week..... thank you Slingbox.

AJ

cancidas
2012-05-26, 10:15 AM
Let's go Devils!

YES!!!

PhilDernerJr
2012-05-26, 11:06 AM
How could anyone root for the Devils? I don't understand the appeal. A team whose entire history is based on playing like a d-bag. Now Brodeur is going to continue thinking he's the greatest thing since sliced bread. I used to be a huge fan of his, but I've seen way too much crying and unsportsmanlike conduct from him later in his career to where he's now one of the biggest whiners in the league.

The Rangers just fell apart. They relied way too heavily on Lundy throughout the playoffs and didn't earn to go any farther. However, they gave me much more than I thought they would this year, and it was a good run. I hung my Kocur jersey last night until October!

Go Kings. I don't think there's a team out there that can beat them.

Speedbagel_001
2012-06-01, 02:02 PM
How could anyone root for the Devils? I don't understand the appeal. A team whose entire history is based on playing like a d-bag. Now Brodeur is going to continue thinking he's the greatest thing since sliced bread. I used to be a huge fan of his, but I've seen way too much crying and unsportsmanlike conduct from him later in his career to where he's now one of the biggest whiners in the league.

The Rangers just fell apart. They relied way too heavily on Lundy throughout the playoffs and didn't earn to go any farther. However, they gave me much more than I thought they would this year, and it was a good run. I hung my Kocur jersey last night until October!

Go Kings. I don't think there's a team out there that can beat them.

Phil,

If the Rangers could solve their Power Play troubles, they could take a huge load off of Lundqvist. But that's been their problem for years.

I put the blame on the coaches for this since they keep sending different players out there but the results are the same. If/when they do score on the PP, it's usually a surprise that the puck actually went in. Too much fancy pass-itis with nobody standing in front of the net to deflect shots (never taken) or collect rebounds.

Now with Gaborik out 5-6 months, they really need to bring somebody onboard with the ability to shoot and score.

And yes... LET'S GO KINGS!! [I wish they'd have won it in '93 with Gretzky's group. THAT was a great team.]

PhilDernerJr
2012-06-01, 02:25 PM
You're right. I'd also like to add inconsistency to that list. Playing great is...great. But if you can't keep it up, you're accomplishing nothing.

Their power play has long been an issue, and I'm a little surprised Torts hasn't done more about that. I like him though. Hopefully they can pay attention and truly learn from this year. Many young players...there's still time.

Gerard
2012-06-01, 07:06 PM
This has been a wild season. You have a 6 Seed (Devils) going against an 8 seed (Kings) for the Cup!! As I have seen many times a hot goaltender can propel a team to the Finals. This year its Jonathan Quick who has been amazing and has a 1.49 GAA!!!!! Back in 2002/03 the 7th seed Ducks battled the 6th seed Minnesota Wild in the Western Finals and Jean Sebastien Giguere was amazing with 3 consecutive shutouts and 1 goal IN THE ENTIRE SERIES!! They lost to...The Devils in the Finals in 7 games but he was named Playoffs MVP!! Giguere eventually hoisted the Cup in 2007/08 season!! And as much as I dislike the DEvils I can admire how good Brodeur is as a goaltender and he has a fantastic 2.04 GAA in the playoffs!! So between him and Quick I see nothing but low scoring games and lots of OT!!!

PhilDernerJr
2012-06-01, 08:41 PM
The Kings have an all star goalie, but guess what....they can score goals too. That's why they're in the finals and the Rangers are wondering what happened.

Did anyone see any of Lundy's interviews? He knows what's up. He doesn't come right out and say it, but he knows his team didn't back him up with goals.

Torts and team better present him a plan on how they intend to improve and earn his worth or he'll give up and skip town.

lijk604
2012-06-03, 11:00 AM
Kings up 2-0, headed to LA. Could we really be witnessing one of the all time greatest playoff hockey runs?

They beat the Canucks 4-1
They beat the Blues 4-0
They beat the 'Yotes 4-1
Only 2 losses in the playoffs so far for a #8 seed.

Wow, just wow!

Gerard
2012-06-03, 02:26 PM
Kings up 2-0, headed to LA. Could we really be witnessing one of the all time greatest playoff hockey runs?

They beat the Canucks 4-1
They beat the Blues 4-0
They beat the 'Yotes 4-1
Only 2 losses in the playoffs so far for a #8 seed.
Wow, just wow!

Just an amazing run!! And that was a pretty good game last night!!

Speedbagel_001
2012-06-04, 02:14 PM
While it's quite an impressive feat by LA, let's keep in mind that technically speaking, the difference between their #8 seeding and #3 seeding (Phoenix) was a measly 2 or 3 points!! And the Devils finished a mere 7 points behind the Rangers. Slim margins for sure. So basically, the number itself doesn't mean much except when it comes to gaining home ice advantage. And home ice is what allowed the NYR to even make it to round 3. In the "new" NHL, if a team makes the playoffs and catches on fire, they really do have a shot at winning the Cup.

Back to the Kings for a moment. I recently read that back in January, they hired former King (and NYR), Bernie Nicholls to be a consultant. His task was to help them on their power play and wherever else his experience would be helpful. Their season turned around in a hurry. Coincidence? That's open for debate.

In the same vein, Tortorella went on the radio the other day and nixed the suggestion (posed by Larry Brooks) that the NYR hire someone in the same role to help the Rangers PP. Brooks was considering good old #2 Brian Leetch. Other than the fact the Leetch probably is not on good terms with Slats, I would think it could only help. But Torts retorted that he (Torts) and his coaches are more than capable of solving the PP enigma. I'm just wondering how long they will continue to pound the square pegs into round holes.

My advice? Nothing that hasn't been mentioned before. Just SHOOT THE PUCK!! :wink:

Gerard
2012-06-06, 10:50 PM
Lord Stanley doesnt reside in LA....Yet!!
Nice win by NJ. Quick is human. :smile:

Gerard
2012-06-12, 10:51 PM
Lord Stanley doesnt reside in LA....Yet!!
Nice win by NJ. Quick is human. :smile:

Lord Stanley is now officially a resident of Southern Cal. Congrats to the LA Kings on their Championship, 1st in 45 years of playing. What an amazing run by this team. 16-4, beating the Top 3 teams in the West, and superb goaltending by the Conn Smyth Trophy winner Jonathan Quick. As much as I dislike the DEvils they actually gave LA the most competition. I'm still debating how the Rangers would have fared against the Kings if they had gotten into the Finals. Not sure if they would have done much better. This KIng team seemed destined to win the Cup!!
And please, King teammates dont let the Kardashian family ANYWHERE NEAR the Stanley Cup!! Oh the horror to see their grubby hands near that exalted trophy!! :wink:

captmjk16
2012-06-12, 11:51 PM
And please, King teammates dont let the Kardashian family ANYWHERE NEAR the Stanley Cup!! Oh the horror to see their grubby hands near that exalted trophy!! :wink:

Talk about a scary thought... I'd have to bring sterilizing wipes to the Hockey Hall of Fame next time I go in the event any of them get within 20 feet of the sacred cup!

I would like to take the opportunity to express some disappointment in regards to the LA fans, what kind of hockey folks do NOT boo the living piss out of Gary Bettmann whenever he speaks? Sad, sad people...

wunaladreamin
2012-06-13, 12:23 AM
From the news last night:
LA police were called in to respond to a gang, all dressed in black, carrying a gigantic silver blender out of the Staples Center.

PhilDernerJr
2012-06-13, 10:43 AM
I would like to take the opportunity to express some disappointment in regards to the LA fans, what kind of hockey folks do NOT boo the living piss out of Gary Bettmann whenever he speaks? Sad, sad people...

HAHA, I was thinking the same. But give them some slack...they're new to winning.

Congrats to LA!

Speedbagel_001
2012-06-13, 04:35 PM
Anyone see the postgame show on MSG? I watched NBC for a bit and then switched over to see what the locals had to say.

Wow! The Devils crew were absolutely livid about the outcome of the game. Essentially, they wanted to claim the Devils lost because Bernier got a 5 minute major and the Devils got no calls their way. It was all Scuderi's fault. Really. I guess the blood pouring out of his face was somehow his own doing, and the freight train that hit him was not responsible.

Hey they broadcast for the Devils - Daneyko and Chico - former players. I get that. But saying they lost the Cup because of the referees is just weak. Even IF Bernier's check should not have been a 5 minute major, what exactly is the reason the penalty killers failed to keep the puck out of the net? THREE times?

Yes, Brett Hull's skate was in the crease in '99, but so what? He had possession of the puck. And he put the puck in the net. And Dallas won 4 games to 2. Yet Buffalo is still sore at the refs about that.

Yeah, sometimes calls don't go your way - but blaming their subsequent failure on the refs means the team was incapable of withstanding the pressure. The game I watched had the Kings thoroughly outplaying the Devils the majority of the game. And they did it for 4 out of the 6 games. That's why they deserved to win the Cup. Great offense. Great defense. Great goaltending. They simply played better. Period.

LA deserves to enjoy this victory for a long time.

captmjk16
2012-06-13, 11:18 PM
Anyone see the postgame show on MSG? I watched NBC for a bit and then switched over to see what the locals had to say.

Wow! The Devils crew were absolutely livid about the outcome of the game. Essentially, they wanted to claim the Devils lost because Bernier got a 5 minute major and the Devils got no calls their way. It was all Scuderi's fault. Really. I guess the blood pouring out of his face was somehow his own doing, and the freight train that hit him was not responsible.

Hey they broadcast for the Devils - Daneyko and Chico - former players. I get that. But saying they lost the Cup because of the referees is just weak. Even IF Bernier's check should not have been a 5 minute major, what exactly is the reason the penalty killers failed to keep the puck out of the net? THREE times?

Yes, Brett Hull's skate was in the crease in '99, but so what? He had possession of the puck. And he put the puck in the net. And Dallas won 4 games to 2. Yet Buffalo is still sore at the refs about that.

Yeah, sometimes calls don't go your way - but blaming their subsequent failure on the refs means the team was incapable of withstanding the pressure. The game I watched had the Kings thoroughly outplaying the Devils the majority of the game. And they did it for 4 out of the 6 games. That's why they deserved to win the Cup. Great offense. Great defense. Great goaltending. They simply played better. Period.

LA deserves to enjoy this victory for a long time.

Well said! As a ref, nothing pisses me off more (in a professional sense) than a team blaming me for a 5 or 6 (or 15) goal loss. We're not perfect and we know that, but we can't make a team lose by 5 goals without a hell of a lot of effort. Former players should have more class/knowledge than that, definitely disappointing. When you're outgunned, it doesn't matter what the refs do, unless you're in the NBA and getting Jordan/LeBron calls, you're gonna lose in the end of a 7 game series 99 times out of 100.

Gerard
2012-06-21, 04:10 PM
NHL Awards Show was on last night and a BIG CONGRATS to King Henrik on winning his first Vezina Trophy!! Outstanding!!
Most of the skits were corny but I like the Tracy Morgan as a NY Ranger video and Will Arnett as Brendan Shanahan had its moments though I think after the 3rd skit Brendan was NOT enjoying the ribbing!! LOL!!
AND let us not forget the appearance by ESPN sporrtcaster Erin Andrews wearing a dress that BARELY came down below her pelvic area!!! WOW!!!

And this is funny relating to Lebron James.....http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/blog/eye-on-hockey/19390835/hockey-players-dont-think-too-fondly-of-lebron-james-at-end-of-game-4

PhilDernerJr
2012-06-21, 04:48 PM
Any place to get video of the skits?

Gerard
2012-06-21, 07:26 PM
Any place to get video of the skits?

Thinking YouTube or NBC Sports page.