PDA

View Full Version : 02/27/2012 The Mounds: TSA security.

eric8669
2012-02-27, 05:29 PM
was doing some afternoon spotting at the mounds(down near the marsh) I was approached by a gentleman who says he was TSA security, he asked me what I was up to, said he was sent to check me out after he got a call from someone at the cargo buildings over on Rockaway Twpk. He didn't ask for ID, asked me if I was a tail spotter. After a few minutes of chatting he left and that was it.

mirrodie
2012-02-27, 05:33 PM
The tsa now has grounds off airport??? Did you ask for his ID?

eric8669
2012-02-27, 05:35 PM
The tsa now has grounds off airport??? Did you ask for his ID?

no, he showed me his patch on his shoulder that was about it.

emshighway
2012-02-27, 06:51 PM
TSA JFK offices are off the airport on Rockaway Parkway. It could have been a Transportation Security Inspector. You can ask for ID. If you did I would have asked you who it was...

TSA has Air, Cargo and Surface responsibility so yes they can operate off airport grounds.

Gerard
2012-02-27, 10:24 PM
no, he showed me his patch on his shoulder that was about it.

He showed you his "patch"? Really? What did he do take his jacket off? Sorry but doesnt sound very professional. Dont
they have real ID? We do. :cool:

eric8669
2012-02-27, 10:39 PM
He showed you his "patch"? Really? What did he do take his jacket off? Sorry but doesnt sound very professional. Dont
they have real ID? We do. :cool:

yeah, so, its not big deal. I didn't ask for his ID, he didn't ask for mine.

Derf
2012-02-27, 11:00 PM
I agree with Eric...if he was asked and did not show his ID..Yes, grab the Pitchforks.... But really, Anyone who is Concerned can come up to me and ask me what I am taking pictures of...not just at an airport. If he is nice, He will get it in return from me.

I am glad you had a nice encounter. With all the bad press the TSA gets, I am glad that this person was smart enough to stop and ask instead of the ole Knee Jerk "THATS ILLEGAL" It sounds like this guy should hang with us if he shares our passion for metal wings. If he ever reads this.... I got first round after spotting!

Bravo and thank you for treating us the way we want to be treated. Please Excuse OUR knee jerk reactions.

Derf
2012-02-27, 11:01 PM
............asked me if I was a tail spotter. After a few minutes of chatting he left and that was it.

Please tell me you showed him the red dress picture!!!

DWaviation
2012-02-27, 11:18 PM
I spoke today to a friend who is working for the TSA and explained him what eric happen.
He said its normal since they build the 3 Cargo buildings over there..

Gerard
2012-02-27, 11:44 PM
yeah, so, its not big deal. I didn't ask for his ID, he didn't ask for mine.

You show me yours I will show you mine. :eek:

NIKV69
2012-02-28, 07:23 AM
I agree with Eric...if he was asked and did not show his ID..Yes, grab the Pitchforks.... But really, Anyone who is Concerned can come up to me and ask me what I am taking pictures of...not just at an airport. If he is nice, He will get it in return from me.

I am glad you had a nice encounter. With all the bad press the TSA gets, I am glad that this person was smart enough to stop and ask instead of the ole Knee Jerk "THATS ILLEGAL" It sounds like this guy should hang with us if he shares our passion for metal wings. If he ever reads this.... I got first round after spotting!

Bravo and thank you for treating us the way we want to be treated. Please Excuse OUR knee jerk reactions.

Well said Fred! I thought this was going to degenerate into another ID debate but I will say that I feel the TSA agent or any TSA agent for that matter should have his credentials readily visible on his person so Eric or anyone for that matter knows who is questioning them. No matter the degree of questioning or if the agent asks for ID or not. Patches don't cut it.

ch2tdriver
2012-02-28, 10:29 AM
I think Phil Mocek just found his TSA Soulmate!:wink:

Mateo
2012-03-01, 01:07 AM
Not that I would ever advocate calling the NYPD, but you can call the NYPD, and they will happily tell the TSA guy to piss off.