PDA

View Full Version : TSA Blunders Tie Up EWR

Gerard
2012-02-02, 10:28 PM
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/newark_in_knots_amid_tsa_blunders_ejKWubjyv7307eHv Z7tFJK

Jumping on the bandwagon with this one I guess.
Not a good week for TSA

gonzalu
2012-02-02, 10:46 PM
Nick, how many incidents must happen by SINGLE TSA individuals before you consider the entire basket of apples bad? To quote the wise Cary Liao, "I am just saying..." muhahaha

Zee71
2012-02-02, 11:06 PM
The airlines should start fining TSA for delays they incur. I'm sure that would make them more keen (maybe not).

NIKV69
2012-02-02, 11:20 PM
Nick, how many incidents must happen by SINGLE TSA individuals before you consider the entire basket of apples bad? To quote the wise Cary Liao, "I am just saying..." muhahaha

No successful terrorist attacks since they started screening. Can't be that bad.

gonzalu
2012-02-02, 11:31 PM
No successful terrorist attacks since they started screening. Can't be that bad.

You MUST accuse yourself now for not answering questions directly either... You did not answer my question.

And to answer yours, it could simply be that no one has tried, or that the point was made, or any other number of reasons. The minute you claim that the TSA is the actual reason for no successful attacks it states that it is the sole responsible group for preventing it. You give no credit to The FBI, the CIA, the US Armed Forces, the Reserve guys in uniform at the terminal with their M-16s or the German officers at the airport in Munich or the Military in St. Martin or the military in France, England, Russia, etc.

NIKV69
2012-02-03, 12:00 AM
it could simply be that no one has tried

Someone has, twice, first time it was in shoes. So TSA made you take them off. Didn't happen again. Second time was in underwear, TSA stepped up screening. Hasn't happened again. They aren't the end all but they are on the front line and they have no fatalities are doing a good job. So cutting and running out of Afghanistan and appeasing terrorists is not an option. Neither is giving pax a crash course in disarming a member of the Taliban in flight. So this is what we are stuck with. I vote for the TSA. Keep up the good work EMShighway!

gonzalu
2012-02-03, 12:19 AM
I did NOT vote AGAINST the TSA. Your free and clear acceptance of "it's better than nothing" is what makes it a problem, Nick. Besides, it was passengers are who helped stop the shoe and underwear passengers, not TSA and so their track record, pax that is, should held a little higher in your list. I mean, one or two bad apples (terrorists or would be terrorists) does not spoil the whole batch (you and I and Cary, not sure about that Mark Character, well both Marks and Mike, and maybe Eric too, he's a bit shady), now does it? :tongue:

Nick, You can sit next to me on any flight, one thing is for sure, you're a real patriot. Now if only you afforded me the same courtesy. I promise I am not an undercover Cuban Agent.

NIKV69
2012-02-03, 12:38 AM
Now if only you afforded me the same courtesy. I promise I am not an undercover Cuban Agent.

You are being afforded the same courtesy as anyone else and your patriotism has never been questioned. Just your constant inane distrust of people trying to do an impossible job made worse by people like yourself and Mr. Mocek

Your free and clear acceptance of "it's better than nothing" is what makes it a problem, Nick.

Problem with what? Why do I have to refuse to accept something that is obviously working to be in compliance with you? Again what type of security do you want? What makes you happy? You seem to have a problem with anything the TSA or FAA does. You don't want to be forced to show ID, don't want to be told to turn off your iPad before pushing. All because you don't think it's necessary? We vote people in office and they make policy. You don't like it vote someone else in like Ron Paul. Then life would be great. Won't have to pay any taxes, won't have to show any ID at the airport or get patted down and we will pull all our troops home immediately.

There is a reason he never comes close to winning, because that would be INSANE!

jerslice
2012-02-03, 12:59 AM
You don't want to be forced to show ID, don't want to be told to turn off your iPad before pushing
Nick, please provide a direct quote from existing material that Manny said any of the above things.

gonzalu
2012-02-03, 01:21 AM
Jeremy, we had one of our EPIC sharing of ideas on Twitter re: electronics during taxi and takeoff/landing stemming form a famous person being kicked off a flight for being treated unfairly :-) I assume that's what he is referring to.

Nick, I never said the TSA has to go. YOU keep making that the issue... IT is not, never has been. I want them to be MORE professional, that's all. And, to start earning a better a name for themselves. Do you hold the Secret Service lower or higher than the TSA in terms of doing a good job? Just a simple comparison.

But back to my point. I ask you again, If the law does not require me to show ID and I challenge any agency requesting that I do so, do I have a right to challenge it or should I just shut up and do it? Are policies allowed to go above our constitutional rights? If so or if not, am I not allowed to bring that to the attention of anyone? How else does precedence get established for a court to function as good as it can?

gonzalu
2012-02-03, 01:42 AM
Problem with what? Why do I have to refuse to accept something that is obviously working to be in compliance with you?

Did I ever ask you or did Mr Mocek ask anyone to stop showing ID when asked? I do not believe it to be so. You hate the idea, that's fine, but no one is asking you to stop showing your ID. No one has ever stated that we should stop complying with anything. All that was at issue is SOMEONE's challenge of such a policy. That's it. You were and still are free and clear to pursue your right to show ID and to allow TSA and any agency YOU deem ok to ask you.

Again what type of security do you want? What makes you happy?

I am happy with the TSA work in general. Never said I didn;t like the job they do in general. I have issue with their behavior and attitude, not the capacity of their efforts. Taking pictures of Airplanes makes me happy, using my iPad or iPhone on a plane to entertain myself makes me happy. Gambling in Vegas makes me happy. My kids make me happy. F-14s make me happy, should I go on? The list is about 1500 pages (small print) long! :tongue:

You seem to have a problem with anything the TSA or FAA does.

Really? Prove it!

You don't want to be forced to show ID

NOPE, wrong. Never said that. If there is no law that requires it, and if there is no policy in place that is proven to be above what the constitution says it is allowed, I like knowing I have no reason to do so. Some states allow open carry of firearms. Police Officers HATE it for the most part. It would make me very nervous. But there is nothing that can be done about it. That policy is protected by the Constitution so therefore it is ok and it will stand. If there is a law and/or policy that's requiring my showing of ID when asked by a government agency to trave on an airplane or to enter an airport with intent to fly on an airplane, I will gladly keep on doing it like I have always!

don't want to be told to turn off your iPad before pushing.

I absolutely HATE it yes, I am not hiding that fact. I know more about it than most common citizens do. Everyone accepts it because everyone is scared and not wanting to make a scene, or not wanting to slow the process of getting to point b. I get that trust me, and I comply. But I'd like it if there was more intelligent discussion and action about it. The world changes... we adapt. Horseless Carriages were demonized in the past... go figure. Don't paint me to be something I am not just for your gain of causing a stir. I won't stand for it, but you know that :-) There is nothing you can do about me not liking something you like. If you enjoy turning off your cell or iPad when asked, so be it.. your life. I believe it is not a problem and like I told you on twitter, there is plenty of evidence that probably 90% to 99% of all passengers on a plane never turn off their devices and simply put them away. Can I just use Airplane Mode on my iphone? NOPE! It is not off... but, it is only the radio that is the problem isn't it ? Mister if you don;t turn off that phone I will call the marshal, the pilot will turn the plane around, everyone will yell at you, you will get kicked out, yelled at, arrested, charged with being a terrorist and endangering the lives of all passengers (btw, true story... unfortunately for you, it was not me so you can;t use it to hate me LOL) and THAT is what bothers me. I am sure a nice 1960s Pan Am flight attendant would have used her charms to nicely, politely and gently convince the gentleman to comply for the sake of everyone... not becoming a monster and threatening to destroy a person;s life because they were just trying to comply and still get their fix ...

All because you don't think it's necessary?

Did I say I thought it was unnecessary? Really? I thought all along that I felt IF it was not necessary, I should not be FORCED to. I don;t mind being asked and having the choice not to do so if I don;t have to. If I have to then I have to, I will comply... just like I comply when I get a ticket for speeding!

We vote people in office and they make policy. You don't like it vote someone else in like Ron Paul. Then life would be great. Won't have to pay any taxes, won't have to show any ID at the airport or get patted down and we will pull all our troops home immediately.

There is a reason he never comes close to winning, because that would be INSANE!

Believe me, I vote and actively encourage others to vote and vote EACH AND EVERY TIME allowed or required. It is a shame more education on the way the country works is not offered as a public service. A lot of citizens don't know how the system works so they allow it to take its course and just complain when it somehow does not go their way. And trust me, I always try to vote for INTELLIGENT politicians. I don't blindly vote the party line. Have liked and voted for both Republicans and Democrats... parties don't sway me, but capacity sure does. Presidents who wink a lot should be asked to show ID each time they enter the White House (that was a joke Nick, don't hate me for it :tongue:)

Mateo
2012-02-03, 02:23 AM
No successful terrorist attacks since they started screening. Can't be that bad.Also, not once has an elephant attempted to board a commercial airliner in the United States since 9/11. Chalk up another one for the TSA.

NIKV69
2012-02-03, 02:38 AM
Nick, please provide a direct quote from existing material that Manny said any of the above things.

How can I? When you use the passive aggressive approach you don't actually say it though anyone with an ounce of sense reading any of this knows that it is what is being said.

IT is not, never has been. I want them to be MORE professional, that's all. And, to start earning a better a name for themselves. Do you hold the Secret Service lower or higher than the TSA in terms of doing a good job? Just a simple comparison.

This is another passive aggressive false scenario. Average salary of a SS agent is probably double a TSA agent. SS get to wear nice suits, carry guns, ride in limos and get to use any and every way to do their jobs without the complete bunk being propagated by Manny here. TSA agents get to spend 8 hours being treated like trash being told how they violate people's rights and put up with the stuff Manny has posted here. Then Manny wants them to be "more professional" Give me a break please.

But back to my point. I ask you again, If the law does not require me to show ID and I challenge any agency requesting that I do so, do I have a right to challenge it or should I just shut up and do it? Are policies allowed to go above our constitutional rights? If so or if not, am I not allowed to bring that to the attention of anyone? How else does precedence get established for a court to function as good as it can?

Manny there is something else here, I wish you would just tell us. So just because the law doesn't require you to show ID you are going to refuse to show ID because it's your constitutional right? Do you have any idea how asinine that sounds? What do you gain by this passive aggressive posturing about showing ID? Do you do this every time you fly? Or are pulled over? You seem smarter than this Manny and I am getting a little tired of having my time wasted with these questions that are designed to go absolutely nowhere. I mean Mr. Mocek is one thing but I gave you a little more credit.

The TSA is not asking you to produce ID to screw with your rights, or to make you feel any less of an American. So the road you are going is making little sense.

gonzalu
2012-02-03, 04:35 AM
Nick, you're funny. You want to drag this down as some sort of conspiracy that it isn't... if it isn't the pot calling the kettle black. YOU are the one making more out of it than it really is, you will NEVER win, ever my friend because it is not a game to win. I wasn't playing, I guess you thought I was? Oh man I am so sorry, I am so serious about this, damn, sorry man, didn't mean to lead you here. Sorry you will spend so many hours now wondering why you can't just say a few words and convert me or something.

Are you being nutty for the sake of being it? That's a shame really, You must really have trouble with all this name calling, and what is that, entrapment you're trying now? You want me to say something I did not say? Your M.O. is clear... invent and conjure up anything to make someone say something (actually so you can say something) hahaha... good one. Passive Aggressive? There is something there? LOL. Dude, get over yourself, you're really cool, but NOT THAT important. If someone doesn't say something you have to suck wind like a beauty queen and accept that fact. Now you're gonna force me to talk? Another gestapo tactic you learned while in the regime? Who brainwashed you? Who is pulling your strings, Are you a spook? Wait wait, they wouldn't take you? Are cow mutilations up this time of year?

There is no cover up Nick, no conspiracy. Funny because I am about as scary to you as it gets because I speak my mind and don't hide anything. Ask anyone... no hidden agenda. You are trying so hard to pin something on me, on everyone... LOL.

Look, this will never end, don't you understand? Nothing you say will change my mind ... you are trying really hard to change my mind and attitude. No one is changing yours... ROTFL .. .All you need to do is respect me, my wishes and my rights... I don't mind what you believe and I respect you for it. But it certainly does not give YOU the right to tell me what I should be doing. You know what? You talk and talk and people do. Do you do? What have you actually done? You were or are running for office? You sure as heck sound like you are.

Chat ya tomorrow. BTW, if I am Passive Aggressive, what are you, Active Aggressive? Let me ask my shrink friend and see if it is even a possible state of being, or of mind!

gonzalu
2012-02-03, 04:46 AM
Manny and I am getting a little tired of having my time wasted with these questions that are designed to go absolutely nowhere. I mean Mr. Mocek is one thing but I gave you a little more credit.

Damn, I totally forgot to address this.. sorry. Since when did you become American Express? Who the heck gave you the privilege to give [me] credit? You sure are showing a new side to your personality, Nick. And again, with the time wasting... Change the channel, Nick. If you don't like other people's views, don't listen, don't get involved. Otherwise you may not like what people think or believe in. That's a privilege you have to just walk away. So go run along if you don't like me wasting your precious time.

Let me be nice!

Nick, my apologies for getting you all worked up. Seriously, I never meant to. I seriously respect you and don't want to say something I will regret. Already thought of something I regret so I will take my Bronx-ass attitude and bury it for the sake of being civil. As I stated since the start. I show ID, always have, always will. I have nothing to hide. I like to know what is rightful and what is proper and what is just. That's it, nothing more nothing less. I hope you can accept that because there isn't anything else.