PDA

View Full Version : Spotting In New York JFK

Glapics
2012-01-25, 08:26 PM
Hi Guys
Will be visiting NY in February from the 21 to the 29 and the boss has given me a day off ( to be arrange when we arrive)
So Im looking for the best place to go for pictures at JFK how to get there and any tips
regards Kevin

heeshung
2012-01-25, 10:49 PM
http://nycaviation.com/spotting-guides/jfk/

MSN007
2012-01-25, 10:53 PM
Hi Guys
Will be visiting NY in February from the 21 to the 29 and the boss has given me a day off ( to be arrange when we arrive)
So Im looking for the best place to go for pictures at JFK how to get there and any tips
regards Kevin

Kevin,

All the information you need for spotting at JFK is nicely laid out in the spotting guides link above. You must have a car and prepare to shuttle between the different spotting locations because JFK Tower is notorious for changing ops with the slight change of winds and just when they see that one aircraft you want is on final. It's there way of saying I got you.

Glapics
2012-01-26, 05:36 AM
Thanks Guys , unfortunately I'm at the mercy of public transport , its not worth renting a car for just that day

gonzalu
2012-01-26, 08:35 AM
You will be able to enjoy some of what JFK has to offer but be aware it is not exactly easy or great to spot at JFK via public transport. It's doable but it can be painful.

ANITIX87
2012-01-26, 10:14 AM
Kevin, if you're really, really nice, somebody around here may offer to chauffeur you around. It never hurts to ask if someone else will be out and can drive you around (offer a few beers in return, and you're sure to get a yes). And if I'm around the weekend you're here, maybe it will even be me (but I don't get out as often as I'd like. Just ask Manny, we've only met in person twice...).

Where are you joining us from? What's your usual local airport?

EDIT: Just figured out what your username means. D'oh!

TIS

Glapics
2012-01-26, 05:59 PM
Thanks Anitix
If you or anyone is about that week I would be very grateful if you could show me around and Im sure that I would be able to smuggle out some of my countries famous beverage ,Its not true what hear about us Scots we have been known to buy a round of beer when it comes to our turn
I would probably be looking at either Saturday the 25 or Sunday the 26Th as I fly home on the 29th if anyone is free either days let me know as I haven't made any solid plans for our trip to NY (might even be persuaded to by Lunch )

Many thanks Kevin

Glapics
2012-02-24, 10:08 AM
Hi Guys arrived in NY on Tuesday on one of British Airways newest B777-300er G-STBA and have been doing the local sights with the boss,so i have gotten a days pass either Saturday or Sunday ,if any ones around that's willing to show me around JFK I would be more than grateful
just drop me a line or if you want to dm

Many thanks Kevin