PDA

View Full Version : AA nonstops to the Carribean

mirrodie
2012-01-09, 10:55 PM
I know before the recession, seems like they had non stops all over the Carribean.

Nowadays, I just tried looking for 667/660, the non stops JFK/SXM and my experience was that on 3 random travel windows, over the course of 4 months, they had no nonstop service on the route.

Have they killed it? Or just unlucky?

I would like to use AA but will consider b6 again.

Also, call me batty but I'm an easy man. I just want to know what the airlines non stops are to the Carribean and would chose vaca spots based on that. Is there an easy to find that type of info?

hiss srq
2012-01-09, 11:10 PM
Good luck with that. Flight 667 still operates but I beleive only on certain days. Why not JetBlue? Huh!? Huh!? The only 4 star in the US for a reason. ;) Blue operates between 1 and 3 flights daily. Pretty much anyplace in the islands with exception to Haiti, Caymans and.... Well... That is it is going to be dominated by JetBlue. Toot toot goes the horn. :)

PhilDernerJr
2012-01-10, 10:45 AM
I must admit...hiss is right. On top of that, AA is one of the airlines that I avoid.

Matt Molnar
2012-01-10, 11:46 AM
I think AA only flies JFK-SXM during the winter now...it's currently daily. Other seasons it's via MIA.

mirrodie
2012-01-10, 10:41 PM
I have no prob w b6 just wanted to continue to accrue miles on AA.

AA really is taking a turn for the worst IMHO.

Matt Molnar
2012-01-11, 12:35 PM
I do like some aspects of AAdvantage, like allowing you to buy tix for friends or using miles for one way flights.

Unfortunately it also means flying on AA.

I'm all about TrueBlue and SkyMiles these days.

viapanam
2012-01-16, 01:34 PM
I remain loyal to AA. I am close to 2 million miles - which gives you lifetime platinum. But then again, I might get that just about the time they merge with another carrier and stop offering that :-(

mirrodie
2012-01-16, 02:45 PM
viapanam, I TRY to remain loyal as well. But if AA pulls a nonstop that you've utilized and now you're stuck with layovers of 2-3 hours to overnight.....how can one remain loyal?