PDA

View Full Version : Mayor Bloomberg A Pilot?

gonzalu
2012-01-03, 02:09 PM
I know he has a few bucks and figure he has a lot of options. I think he owns N47EG but now I hear he is a pilot too? And also certified to fly helicopters?

Where does the Mayor park his plane(s) ?

moose135
2012-01-03, 03:19 PM
According to the FAA Airmen Database (publicly searchable by anyone), he has a PPL with Airplane Single Engine Land, Multiengine Land and Instrument Ratings, as well as a Rotorcraft-Helicopter rating.

gonzalu
2012-01-03, 05:05 PM
Sweet...

Gerard
2012-01-03, 08:27 PM
According to the FAA Airmen Database (publicly searchable by anyone), he has a PPL with Airplane Single Engine Land, Multiengine Land and Instrument Ratings, as well as a Rotorcraft-Helicopter rating.

He has actually flown the aviation units Bell 412 a few times.

lijk604
2012-01-03, 09:54 PM
IIRC, his aircraft are hangared in Teterboro.

gonzalu
2012-01-03, 10:18 PM
IIRC, his aircraft are hangared in Teterboro.

Bah! NY Mayor, NJ Hangars? Come on, he could just use KLGA :tongue:

Mateo
2012-01-03, 10:55 PM
I know I've seen one of his helicopters pulled out of the hangar at MMU. I thought he was based over there.

moose135
2012-01-03, 11:10 PM
Bah! NY Mayor, NJ Hangars? Come on, he could just use KLGA :tongue:
LGA is too expensive - he should use Flushing Airport!

I know I've seen one of his helicopters pulled out of the hangar at MMU. I thought he was based over there.
N47EG, which is reportedly his Falcon 900, is registered to "Bank of America, 9 Airport Road, Morristown, NJ" which is at MMU.

NIKV69
2012-01-04, 12:23 AM
My first guess would be TEB but any pics I can find have him landing at LGA and this article shows more movements into and out of LGA I doubt he would land in LGA and ferry to TEB, doesn't make much sense.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704657104576142173272460648.html

Strange.

LGA is too expensive

True but with 20 Billion dollars that becomes less of concern.

lijk604
2012-01-04, 09:35 AM
My first guess would be TEB but any pics I can find have him landing at LGA and this article shows more movements into and out of LGA I doubt he would land in LGA and ferry to TEB, doesn't make much sense.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704657104576142173272460648.html

Strange.

True but with 20 Billion dollars that becomes less of concern.

Actually Nick, it makes a lot of sense to ferry out of LGA. When you own jets of that nature, the way you keep them looking good is to keep them in a hangar when not flying. LGA has no such facilities for GA aircraft, anything that flies in there and stays there, is out on the tarmac.

Mateo, is right, I had the NJ airport incorrect, his aircraft are housed INSIDE HANGARS at Morristown airport. When weather gets this cold out, if kept outside, you would need to take ALL beverages off the aircraft when your flight is over. I've seen when it wasn't done, how messy a blown soda can or two can make a galley after it splits, then defrosts and melts. You have sticky soda syrup running through expensive woodwork. It also makes for a better working environment for the mechanics. Those guys will work where ever they have to in order to keep the aircraft up and running, but its a lot easier to do it inside a 60 degree hangar than out on a 10 degree ramp.

NIKV69
2012-01-04, 10:11 AM
Actually Nick, it makes a lot of sense to ferry out of LGA. When you own jets of that nature, the way you keep them looking good is to keep them in a hangar when not flying. LGA has no such facilities for GA aircraft, anything that flies in there and stays there, is out on the tarmac.

Mateo, is right, I had the NJ airport incorrect, his aircraft are housed INSIDE HANGARS at Morristown airport. When weather gets this cold out, if kept outside, you would need to take ALL beverages off the aircraft when your flight is over. I've seen when it wasn't done, how messy a blown soda can or two can make a galley after it splits, then defrosts and melts. You have sticky soda syrup running through expensive woodwork. It also makes for a better working environment for the mechanics. Those guys will work where ever they have to in order to keep the aircraft up and running, but its a lot easier to do it inside a 60 degree hangar than out on a 10 degree ramp.

Ahh it's good to be the king. I have to give him props for choosing a Falcon. That is cool.

PhilDernerJr
2012-01-04, 12:51 PM
Even airliners that are parked overnight need to have their potable water removed, as well as most of their gas. Cold gas builds up a good amount of ice on the wings.