PDA

View Full Version : FLL / MIA 1-7/8-2012

heeshung
2011-12-23, 07:09 PM
I'm looking at going to both FLL and MIA around the weekend of the 7th and 8th in January. Besides the information in the spotting guides, any additional tips? What's the easiest way of getting to the locations? I will not have a car, what type of public transportation is best?

threeholerglory
2011-12-24, 01:59 AM
walking gets you anywhere...it just takes a while.

gonzalu
2011-12-24, 10:33 AM
Mark, while Mike is right, you DO NOT want to be walking around ... it is a LONG ASS walk between spots... unless you plan on getting to El Dorado and staying put, rent a car... really, it is cheap anyway. And you can go back and forth between the restaurant and El Dorado and The Holes easily... not easy to go between El D and Holes by foot... it is a REAL HIKE, even by car.

The best spot I would have to say is El D... it surely is the most accessible, easy to spot from and least obstructions (except for that damn tree LOL)

Have NO CLUE about FLL :frown:

NIKV69
2011-12-24, 12:07 PM
I would contact Mark Lawrence. He would know all things needed.

threeholerglory
2011-12-24, 01:29 PM
yeah don't take my advice on walking...get a car. El D is the best at MIA until later afternoon and then probably head to the holes to hope for some 12 action right in front of you...the light is better over there later in the day (good all day, great later in the day). If they're landing to the east at FLL, go to the spotters parking lot unless you want to try and get some takeoff shots but you're better off IMO at the spotter's lot. If they're using the westerly flow then head up to the Hibiscus garage and you can spot from the top level with no hassle...they actually have markings where you can get the best views specifically for spotting. Like anywhere else, as long as you're not being an idiot no one bothers you. Just give a wave and a smile.

heeshung
2011-12-29, 11:30 PM
Okay, car is a go. Anyone planning to be around that time?