PDA

View Full Version : Delta to Build New Hub at LaGuardia Airport, Adding 29 Destinations and Over 100 New

NYCA News
2011-12-16, 03:00 PM
NYCAviation:

Delta to Build New Hub at LaGuardia Airport, Adding 29 Destinations and Over 100 New Flights (http://nycaviation.com/2011/12/delta-to-build-new-hub-at-laguardia-airport-adding-29-destinations-and-over-100-new-flights/)

Just three days after closing the US Airways slot swap deal, Delta Air Lines announced its plans for all those new flights, adding 60% more flights and 75% more destinations at LaGuardia.
[Click to Read Full Article (http://nycaviation.com/2011/12/delta-to-build-new-hub-at-laguardia-airport-adding-29-destinations-and-over-100-new-flights/)]

RDU-JFK
2011-12-16, 05:20 PM
No more Ithaca, Charlottesville, or Hyannis? That sucks. Will this now eliminate all turboprop service out of LGA and JFK?

Bummer times!

lijk604
2011-12-16, 05:57 PM
No more Dash 8's? Crap-ola!

Matt Molnar
2011-12-16, 06:53 PM
No more Ithaca, Charlottesville, or Hyannis?
Good catch, they actually WILL be flying to Charlottesville, 1x daily on an ERJ-145. The packet Delta handed out at the press conference included lists of new destinations (which is what I used for the article) and CHO is NOT on there. It IS, however, on the new schedule, starting July 11th. I've updated the article.

Ithaca and Hyannis are nowhere to be found, unfortunately.

Will this now eliminate all turboprop service out of LGA and JFK?
We'll have to see what US does with their remaining slots, but most likely no more Dash 8's or Saabs at LGA.

LGA777
2011-12-16, 08:36 PM
As far as US the schedule has not been released yet, probably be just BOS-DCA-CLT-PHL-PIT, you may still see some Dash 8's to PHL, as far as the Saab's 1 week from today, Dec 23 is the last day of both Mesaba and SF-340 ops for US at LGA. The article did say US would only have a few gates, it's actually six, 1 of which will accommodate 3 Express aircraft, so US would actually be the carrier with the 3rd or 4th most gates at LGA behind DL, AA, and either just above or below the combined UA-CO. While DL is adding a lot of capacity compared to how US used the slots their are still a LOT more 50 seat RJ's than I expected, and also a smaller pure Mainline buildup as well. My 2 cents.

steve1840
2011-12-16, 10:17 PM
So pretty much the only good thing about spotting at LGA after this is just simply going to be the angles that will b able to be gotten. Other than that there definitely is no desire for me to go spotting at LGA. On the other hand, with the "up-gauging" of aircraft on routes, could this mean the possibility of Delta 767's returning to LGA on a regular basis?

LGA777
2011-12-16, 10:35 PM
Steve DL's 763's only serve LGA on a equipment sub basis but a very frequent one, in my 45-55 hours per week at work at LGA it is not unusual to see a couple a week, and more than 1 a day is not that unusual. A few weeks ago we had an AC & DL 763 in the same takeoff line. I have also seen the DL 764 maybe 3 or 4 times in the last 2 years. AA is also a very frequent 763 subber and even saw a 762 a few weeks ago.

steve1840
2011-12-16, 10:40 PM
Steve DL's 763's only serve LGA on a equipment sub basis but a very frequent one, in my 45-55 hours per week at work at LGA it is not unusual to see a couple a week, and more than 1 a day is not that unusual. A few weeks ago we had an AC & DL 763 in the same takeoff line. I have also seen the DL 764 maybe 3 or 4 times in the last 2 years. AA is also a very frequent 763 subber and even saw a 762 a few weeks ago.

Cool. Good to know.

hiss srq
2011-12-16, 11:35 PM
While I am really excited to see this kind of growth occuring at LGA (Where I really dug my heels in professionally) I am sad to see it at cost of the carrier I started with. I only hope that Delta sustains their ambitious growth plan. It is a bit gutsy considering how much they are going to have to rely on the at cost flying of regionals verses economic uncertainty. It would be a shame to see New York overall grow the way they want to only for them to draw in.

JetBlueAirwaysFan
2012-01-02, 05:12 PM
The current Delta terminal will get 6 new jetways, eh? I'm interested to see where they're going to put them.