PDA

View Full Version : Your Christmas List

PhilDernerJr
2011-12-14, 12:04 PM
For whatever your respective holiday may be, what is on your list of wants?

Aside from the obligatory Modern Warfare 3 (PS3), I actually added socks to my list! Socks for sneakers, boots and dress. I'm officially old. I also added a shoe shine kit and gift cards for iTunes and Vitamin Shoppe.

Yous?

steve1840
2011-12-14, 12:27 PM
Well, if youre offering to play Santa...... I'll take a Canon 400mm f2.8L II, A pre-ordered Canon 1Dx....hahaha

But no seriously, already got my xmas present early which was a plane ticket to San Diego for El Centro in March. Only other thing I would like is a gift certificate to B&H and maybe a nice heavy winter coat for those bitter cold days a Bayswater or HoBe.

megatop412
2011-12-14, 01:46 PM
To be quite honest, all I really want is to stay in good health. Once you have a health scare everything else becomes less important.

mirrodie
2011-12-14, 03:35 PM
What Megatop said!

Really, nothing out there that I am yearning for... just the basics....(you like getting old, Phil, dontcha?! ;)

gonzalu
2011-12-14, 05:21 PM
Green Dress Shirt and matching tie(s) were my only real desire. My closet was getting a bit too white/blue/purple :cool:

And as you well know Phil, what the guys above me said about health. Stress is so damaging, you don't know it until it is too late. So, everyone, take as much time off and enjoy life as you can... spend lots of money on entertainment, healthy entertainment and get your mind off the grind for at least a few hours a day!

P.S. ALWAYS on the list:

--Nikon 600mm f/4 II

The 500mm f/4 I am saving up for and the 400mm f/2.8 will be an exotic I have not yet needed but when that day comes, I will put it on the list as well.

This next one Phil is going to help me with...

--A full day of ramp access on Car 99 at JFK :tongue: ... that should be very very rewarding!

Zee71
2011-12-14, 09:15 PM
Health to say the least and being a rear passenger in car 99 would be a treat as well!

megatop412
2011-12-14, 09:53 PM
Sorry I turned an innocent-enough thread question into this ultra-serious topic(not trying to be that girl in the SNL skit that bums everyone out)- it isn't like I haven't had my eye on some things but man, when you get that MRI of your brain back after freaking out about daily headaches and they've found there's nothing wrong and you realize they're just stress headaches, you gain a whole new appreciation for what's really important- your health, your family/kids, and your friends. Fast glass gets put into perspective real quick.

That 600mm f4 Nikkor is a badass, though, isn't it Manny

cancidas
2011-12-14, 11:07 PM
http://www.popularairsoft.com/files/images/Camelbak_Trizip-500.jpg

camelbak trizip backpack in multicam

gonzalu
2011-12-15, 12:38 AM
Sorry I turned an innocent-enough thread question into this ultra-serious topic(not trying to be that girl in the SNL skit that bums everyone out)- it isn't like I haven't had my eye on some things but man, when you get that MRI of your brain back after freaking out about daily headaches and they've found there's nothing wrong and you realize they're just stress headaches, you gain a whole new appreciation for what's really important- your health, your family/kids, and your friends. Fast glass gets put into perspective real quick.

That 600mm f4 Nikkor is a badass, though, isn't it Manny

TOTALLY with you on both fronts man... been there. Nothing like a nice Panic/Anxiety attack to make you think you're having a heart attack to figure out that life is to be enjoyed! lol... with a 600mm f/4 over your shoulder LOL

Zee71
2011-12-15, 01:53 AM
Totally Understood ..... I was in the same boat a few years back and even had an angiogram preformed and it was good new that I had no issues, but it does make you look at things differently. Any who back to my holiday which list. That 600mm would be sweet but I'd settle for the 500mm lens.

Roush6NY
2011-12-15, 01:03 PM
Stress is so damaging, you don't know it until it is too late. So, everyone, take as much time off and enjoy life as you can... spend lots of money on entertainment, healthy entertainment and get your mind off the grind for at least a few hours a day!

It sure does my friend ! Got me real good back in 2000 and pretty much messed up my life for a good year and today almost 12 years later I am still not 100%

I wish everyone a happy and healthy holiday :)

Zee71
2011-12-15, 01:12 PM
Sounds like we're all a bunch of sick pups!

ANITIX87
2011-12-15, 03:32 PM
My list was short this year:

Golf clubs: check! (from parents)

5D Mk II: check! (from myself)

Hess Truck: check! (annual tradition - I have every one since the year I was born)

TIS

steve1840
2011-12-15, 03:39 PM
My list was short this year:

Golf clubs: check! (from parents)

5D Mk II: check! (from myself)

Hess Truck: check! (annual tradition - I have every one since the year I was born)

TIS

That is a great present to give yourself!

JDANDO
2011-12-16, 08:36 AM
ND filter, 10-22mm wide angle, time with the wife and family.

steve1840
2011-12-16, 08:38 AM
I forgot to put something on my list.........I would also like the USAF to put the single ship demo teams (at least one of each) back on the airshow schedule for 2012. :biggrin:

hiss srq
2011-12-17, 05:13 AM
Less stress across the board. Everything else, I can afford to get for myself. Pure, plain and simple. Maybe a world with TWA and PanAm back as well. Just saying.

mirrodie
2011-12-18, 10:44 AM
All I asked for was a new pair of sweats and a personal grooming kit.
Funny but we usually use the holidays and get stuff for us.
So got some gift cards and wine for the home. Some theater tixx for her.

The kids r easy so far. Dolls for her and Lego for him. ( he got Siddley the jet from Cars2 last week and loves it)

Bu yeah, I'm at the age where I material stuff I can do without.

lijk604
2011-12-18, 04:58 PM
I've also gotten to the point that material things are not what matters anymore. I wish for more time with family and friends.

My parents are starting to get up there in years, and I don't get the chance to see them enough. I know when they have moved on to the next dimension it's going to be really rough to get over.

Every year I start by planning to spot at least once a month at JFK and/or LGA, if I lived closer it would be different. However, when it all boils down to it, the most I've spotted the last 5 years had been 7 times in one year. I look forward to each spotting adventure as the makeup of this group has a bunch of great people, and every time out brings a day of laughs and catching up.