PDA

View Full Version : Mets lose Reyes.

NIKV69
2011-12-05, 12:18 AM
http://bats.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/12/04/reyes-leaving-mets-for-the-marlins/

Not much to be said here. Discuss. I get the feeling that extra lot at the marina won't be so full so maybe I can shoot expressway visuals?

Fail.

eric8669
2011-12-05, 05:51 AM
http://bats.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/12/04/reyes-leaving-mets-for-the-marlins/

Not much to be said here. Discuss. I get the feeling that extra lot at the marina won't be so full so maybe I can shoot expressway visuals?

Fail.

Why Fail?

I think the Marllns are spending way too much money on Reyes. I cheer for the uniform, not the individual player. The Mets will move on. Hopefully the money will be spent elsewhere. just have to wait and see.

NIKV69
2011-12-05, 10:31 AM
Why Fail?

I think the Marllns are spending way too much money on Reyes. I cheer for the uniform, not the individual player. The Mets will move on. Hopefully the money will be spent elsewhere. just have to wait and see.

Baseball salaries are like most in sports now. Ridiculous. It is what it is and is not changing anytime soon. It's means to an end and it is the nature of the beast. Getting down to what counts here Reyes, though injury prone is the best player in baseball. Hitting, fielding, running, rallying a team that usually needs motivation.

As for spending way too much if you look at the market he was probably underpaid. For all intent and purpose he is probably worth about 95-100 million but I mean at that point to quibble over a few million is pretty lame. Not to mention for franchises that can afford it the fans he will bring are more than worth it. The guy provides offense and delivers. Sure he is injury prone but when you are trying to get into the playoffs you can't expect something to happen in the future. You go with him and surround him with some pitching. Which the Mets need badly and now have the money but putting runs on the board will be tough.

eric8669
2011-12-05, 11:59 AM
I'll have to disagree with you.

NIKV69
2011-12-05, 12:01 PM
Fine, we can revisit this at the all star break.