PDA

View Full Version : Passenger Had To Stand for 7 Hours

Gerard
2011-11-26, 03:37 PM
http://picturesportal.blogspot.com/2011/11/passenger-forced-to-stand-on-flight.html#.TtEdZEX2200.facebook

Gerard
2011-11-26, 06:16 PM
http://picturesportal.blogspot.com/2011/11/passenger-forced-to-stand-on-flight.html#.TtEdZEX2200.facebook

Let me tell you, I wouldnt be standing for no 7 friggin hours and before those doors closed either him or me would've been off that flight!!! And if I'm getting off they sure as heck will be
taking care of me!! :mad::tongue:

megatop412
2011-11-26, 11:58 PM
Somethin ain't right here. First, this article is of very low quality, a child could write better than this. Second, there is no way someone would be made to have to do without their seatbelt during takeoff and landing. It look like this guy didn't fact-check anything, he just pulled it off some blog.

For all I know, this could be completely made up. In my line of work I have people telling me all kinds of stories every day, so I never know the truth.

heeshung
2011-11-27, 01:07 AM
The source listed was a Daily Mail article (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2065094/Passenger-forced-stand-flight-seven-hours-400-POUND-man.html). Then again, those aren't known for their fact-checking, either.

Gerard
2011-11-27, 11:56 AM
Somethin ain't right here. First, this article is of very low quality, a child could write better than this. Second, there is no way someone would be made to have to do without their seatbelt during takeoff and landing. It look like this guy didn't fact-check anything, he just pulled it off some blog.
For all I know, this could be completely made up. In my line of work I have people telling me all kinds of stories every day, so I never know the truth.

I was thinking the same thing about the takeoff and landing aspect of the story.
Still when I fly and I get to my seat before anyone else I eyeball who is walking in and when I see a "heavy" person I say to myself "Oh Lord please no"!! :eek:

NIKV69
2011-11-27, 12:06 PM
This sounds made up. Def need more info and a better source. I can't see this happening. Isn't it against FAA regs?

PhilDernerJr
2011-11-27, 12:09 PM
I heard this from a few different places when it first happened. I see some holes in the story, but I am sure that he sat strapped in during takeoff andlanding, and CHOSE to stand because his seat was that uncomfortable. There were just no other options, and US Airways should have had the large man pay for two seats.

NIKV69
2011-11-27, 12:19 PM
I heard this from a few different places when it first happened. I see some holes in the story, but I am sure that he sat strapped in during takeoff andlanding, and CHOSE to stand because his seat was that uncomfortable. There were just no other options, and US Airways should have had the large man pay for two seats.

Def sounds like spin and Phil makes a good point. I wish more carriers would get aggressive in this so this would never happen like WN.

val_b
2011-12-04, 08:48 AM
I agree with Phil too. it is dangerous to stand on the plane before take off and landing.. the staff won't allow it either.plus, they are after for a good service, maybe they can have him seat on their jump seat to make him comfortable. Their superiors won't definitely get mad at them for helping the passengers..

seahawks7757
2011-12-04, 03:18 PM
I agree with Phil too. it is dangerous to stand on the plane before take off and landing.. the staff won't allow it either.plus, they are after for a good service, maybe they can have him seat on their jump seat to make him comfortable. Their superiors won't definitely get mad at them for helping the passengers..

They may not, but the FAA will, you can not sit in a JumpSeat unless you have been properly trained and are cleared to sit there. You never know who is on the plane, the FAA can inspect you with out making themselves known.

gonzalu
2011-12-04, 10:29 PM
I have stood for most of a flight on purpose BECAUSE the seats are too tight and my knees cant take it. Did it almost the entire flight from EWR to SFO on a flight with actually missing seats on the rear left of the plane. They had taken the last 10 rows of ABC seats due to small crew and FAA regs that state you must have so many crew per pax... I actually loved it!!