PDA

View Full Version : Anbody ever flown on Spirit?

steve1840
2011-11-03, 02:51 PM
Just curious if anybody has flown on Spirit. I am thinking of heading to FLL for a few days during the winter to go spotting there and MIA and I of course am looking to save a few bucks on airfare. I had originally priced jetBlue as the cheapest at between $227 and $254 r/t out of BDL, and then saw that I can get a fare of $217 for spirit out of BOS.

Just curious as to whether or not they are worth flying on. I have heard rumors that they charge for carry-on bags. Is this true?

I'm fairly certain I'll probably fly on B6, but just interested in seeing what people have to say about Spirit.

Thanks.

Spunker
2011-11-03, 04:01 PM
Ugh, I flew on them once. I'm 6'4 and I have to say it was the most uncomfortable flights (150 seats on a A319) I've ever been on. This was before all the other fees that they have recently tacked on. They charge for everything now. Stay on jetBlue.

pgengler
2011-11-03, 04:20 PM
They charge for everything now. Stay on jetBlue.

Agreed.

PhilDernerJr
2011-11-03, 07:47 PM
I flew on them years ago, before the fees. The fees may blow, but otherwise I had no problem with them. I actually liked them a lot.

yankees368
2011-11-03, 11:37 PM
Stay far, far away from Spirit. Like Spunker said, anyone over 6' will have issue. I had to sit on the isle seat with my legs pointing to the isle to fit, and I am only 6'2''. And this was on one of the A320's. That route would probably be an A321 with their non-reclining seats. After the mandatory bag fees, Delta usually comes out to be the same or equal price for me.