PDA

View Full Version : Using Passur on Smartphones

Speedbird1
2011-10-22, 07:24 AM
I have tried unsuccessfully to get Passur's live-action maps on any smartphones. I know that Passur uses Java Applets. Even after downloading Java; I was unable to see any maps. I have tried several brands including Androids. Are these maps blocked from smartphones? Is there a special app I could download on my iPhone so I could view the full Passur maps with arrivals/departures? Thanks.

yankees368
2011-10-22, 10:54 AM
I have also tried on my Android device with no success. I do not believe that mobile devices are able to use this type of Java. Would love to be able to use it though, would make spotting easier.

lijk604
2011-10-22, 03:40 PM
PlaneFinder -- End ofdiscussion

Matt Molnar
2011-10-22, 03:53 PM
Planefinder is an amazing app and they keep adding features to it. There are free and paid versions.

Unfortunately their New York coverage is not as extensive as Passur yet.

gonzalu
2011-10-22, 09:41 PM
Passur has no rival... not even Plane Finder. I have the HD version on my iPad and while it is great, you can't really replay, you have to tap on each icon to get more info etc. Definitely can use some improvements. I also wish the filters would be more extensive... such as filtering by a regi or an airline or a type of aircraft.